Scotland XI for the euros

-------------------Marshall
Tierney-----Cooper---Hendry---Robertson
---------------Gilmour-McTominay
---------------------McGinn
-----------Adams----------------Fraser
----------------------Dykes

I think Dykes will be a stick on to start as we're probably going to have to rely on lumping it forward and playing off 2nd balls, he seems the best candidate for that role although we saw his technical limitations a bit last night.

I would ditch McGregor for Gilmour or Armstrong, McGregor spends most of the match running into space 10 yards from the centre backs so he can pass it back to them. Clarke seems to want to deploy him as a deep lying playmaker but McGregor looks afraid to even attempt a risky pass. Midfield should be either McTominay and Gilmour as a 2 with McGinn playing in front of them or McTominay as the sitter with Armstrong and McGinn more advanced on either side

I'm also concerned Christie will be starting, on the basis that he scored 2 decent goals in the last 3 years and Clarke seems to rate him
That is so true! I laughed out loud when I read that, brilliant.

Marshall

Patterson
Gallagher
Cooper
Tierney
Robertson

Gilmour
McTominey
McGinn

Dykes
Adams

With the first game approaching what is your ideal starting 11 for scotland?

mine would be in a fantasy world:

Marshall - GK
Cooper Hanley Tierney - CB
Patterson Robertson - Full Backs
Gilmour McTominay Mcginn - Midfielders
Dykes Ché Adams -Strikers
I think you nailed it first post. Id pick JM based on ability under normal circs but having saved the pens that got Scotland to the tournament you cant argue with DM.

Thats actually a really exciting team and could give a great account of itself but theres no way NP or CG are playing.

Patterson must start ahead of O’Donnell.

Ffs if Patterson was at Motherwell he’d start ahead of him, no reason it should be any different here.

My team -

Mclaughlin

Patterson Hanley Cooper Tierney Robertson

Armstrong McTominay McGinn

Adams Dykes

- Ideally I’d have Fraser in, but not sure him and Adams would work well together.

Reality -

Marshall

O’Donnell Handley Cooper Tierney Robertson

McTominay McGinn Mcgregor

Dykes Adams

What it should be:

__________McLaughlin
Patterson_Hanley_Cooper_Tierney
_________Gilmour_McTominay
Fraser_______McGinn_____Christie
____________Adams

What it will be:

___________Marshall
____Hanley__Cooper__Tierney
O'Donnell___McTominany___Robertson
______McGregor____McGinn
_____________Christie
______________Adams

Why are so many picking Gordon or Marshall for in Goal? Isn't any it best to select the best keeper available to you?

Back