Scott Arfield

He should have finished the one in the first ten minutes.
Great run, but it was a poor finish.
He is an intelligent player and a real grafter, but the edges of his play can be a bit ragged at times.
I think two tough games on the trot was perhaps stretching him a bit.
Rest him at the weekend to keep him for Europe.

Thought he was excellent. He might be the difference in terms of us starting to press teams again, and he gets in positions our other midfielders don't with his runs off the ball. Also, don't overlook the difference it makes having players like him going full-blooded into challenges with the likes of Porteous and Doyle-Hayes. Hibs are a dirty team, every challenge begins with a shirt tug or a forearm and ends with a foot left in or a shove, but unlike earlier games against them this season (even at least one that we won) our players didn't look rattled by them at all. Not just Arfield, but he's one of the ones that has made a difference.

I don't think he was offside and it was a tremendous header. We do need to get him tied down, he's a great player for us.

On replay, it was hard to tell if he was offside with the header because the angle wasn't great, but he looked in line. One of those where if we had VAR, they'd have the lines drawn out I think.

Scotty is definitely an asset to the team and I hope we can get him tied down for another season or two.

He should have finished the one in the first ten minutes.
Great run, but it was a poor finish.
He is an intelligent player and a real grafter, but the edges of his play can be a bit ragged at times.
I think two tough games on the trot was perhaps stretching him a bit.
Rest him at the weekend to keep him for Europe.
Agreed.

He grafts. But he lacks that bit of quality and technical ability. Loses possession far too often as well.

I'd be happy to move him on in the summer. We need to progress and add more quality.

On replay, it was hard to tell if he was offside with the header because the angle wasn't great, but he looked in line. One of those where if we had VAR, they'd have the lines drawn out I think.

Scotty is definitely an asset to the team and I hope we can get him tied down for another season or two.
I don’t know about replay mate - however he was offside from where I sit - that said his movement was first class and he gave the ref something to think about.
Scott Arfield knows how to link play between middle to front as good as anyone in Scotland.

Agreed.

He grafts. But he lacks that bit of quality and technical ability. Loses possession far too often as well.

I'd be happy to move him on in the summer. We need to progress and add more quality.
Seen a lot of your posts mate. So with respect know you fall on the glass half empty side.

The guy offers us something that none of our other center mids do.

Does it come off everytime. No. Most definitely not.

But 9/10 times the difference he makes, & the effort he puts in..

I wouldn't even think twice about offering him an extension.

Seen a lot of your posts mate. So with respect know you fall on the glass half empty side.

The guy offers us something that none of our other center mids do.

Does it come off everytime. No. Most definitely not.

But 9/10 times the difference he makes, & the effort he puts in..

I wouldn't even think twice about offering him an extension.

When Ramsey is up to speed Arfield is back on the bench.

All about opinions. I would not be giving Arfield an extension.

Arfield is probably the best middle to front player we have at the club at present.
He can sniff out opportunities and get himself in scoring positions better than most and has the ability to stick them away comfortably.
He was desperately unlucky not to get on the scoresheet again tonight!

He can be frustrating at times but I love his energy and nobody else does what he does. His late runs into the box causes defenders fits. Should've maybe done better with his half volley but his header was pure class.

Also love his link up play when he does a wee dummy then he's looking for the return pass straight away.

I don’t know about replay mate - however he was offside from where I sit - that said his movement was first class and he gave the ref something to think about.
Scott Arfield knows how to link play between middle to front as good as anyone in Scotland.

Fair enough mate. As I say the replay wasn't clear but if you had a better view we'll go with that. :D

He's been very good under Gio. Seemed to be for the off under Gerrard, but has shown he's still able to contribute and the fact that GvB is willing to give up having the pace on the right wing for Scotty says a lot about how much he values him.

Just watched the highlights of last nights game.

Watch Arfield’s movement for the 2nd goal. He’s playing as our number 9 as Morelos has licence to float. Occupies Hibs centre half and then drops into a pocket of space himself, CB follows which creates the space that Morelos and Tavernier exploit. A top top goal.

Back