Scott Arfield

He is a technically very limited player. Usually plays with a level of intelligence that mitigates his lack of technique, but has been dreadful for most of the season.

He needs a rest. He had international games during the summer so only got s short break. He also only got back on Friday having travelled five time zones and played in a highly competitive match.
He was not the only one who had played international matches and look jaded.
Kamara, Davis and Aribo looked shadows of themselves.
They all played in big games for their countries.

He's been dreadful on the right for almost the entire season, his best two performances have come from the middle when he's been put back there, the experiment of him out there needs to be put away for good unless there's a massive amount of injuries to our wide players, it worked for a few months at the end of last season but that's it, teams have sussed out how to play against him there. No idea what Gerrard was thinking putting a under performing player out there after he just came back from Canada 3 or 4 days ago, especially when Stewart has been in good form recently

Do yourself a favour and stop posting today.

Arfield was terrible today and has been all season but telling him to rap his international duty is f*cking retarded.

Bore off mate.
I’d suggest your use of that pejorative term is worse.

I was a massive fan of arfield last season but he has been brutal this season. His passing and shooting have been ridiculously bad. When I see him and ojo in the team I just cant see any creativity.

He’s never a right winger. Had a couple of good games there last season and the gaffer seems to think that’s his position.
Centre mid or not at all.

Pish , that excuse can only be used for so long , he’s just in poor form for us.

You don’t think constantly travelling long distances and getting short breaks in the summer and international windows might be having an impact on his form?

That’s up there with one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a Rangers jersey. Absolutely bottled everything. How he lasted 75 minutes is beyond me.

Needs a spell on the bench.

Personally thought he was still in Canada time and just woke up at 5am in the morning. Dont agree he deserves a time out the team but my god. He should never have lasted as long as he did. Him and ojo were a man down.

Needs a rest. Then considered for the middle of the park and not the front three.

struggling to remember when he last found a rangers player with a pass.

You don’t think constantly travelling long distances and getting short breaks in the summer and international windows might be having an impact on his form?

He’s a fit professional athlete, players at clubs all over the world do these trips all , he played midweek and had a 7 hour flight in first class home , and then played 75 minutes today , hardly a gruelling schedule , to blame a poor performance on that is just lazy.

As slow as a week on jail, poor technical ability and he used to perform well with his work rate and fitness rather than brilliant technical abilities, which have also deserted him now. Your legs are going and this Canada shite is adding to it.

That’s up there with one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a Rangers jersey. Absolutely bottled everything. How he lasted 75 minutes is beyond me.

Needs a spell on the bench.
I love wee arfield but that's too many games this season he has been non existent. I wish the gaffer would stop changing a winning side

Back