Scott McKenna

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Watched the Scotland game and this guy stuck out as being an absolute bomb scare. Summed up by the free kick leading to the Cyprus goal where he took a horrific touch and over stretched to make a tackle on the guy and got booked.

I think the consensus on here is that he is vastly overrated but that’s not my point. The point is, even despite him looking terrible, he was constantly bigged up by Crocker as if he was some sort of player, this was the same on Radio Scotland on the way back from the Colts game where every pundit picked their team for the play offs and he was in them. Very much a ‘McKenna and AN Other’ discussion. What is it with this guy and the reputation he seems to have? What has he done to deserve such lofty opinions? He is a haddy and I’d love the mhanks to spend a few million on him in January.

He was at fault with the Cyprus goal that the inept Referee and the rest of his officials failed to see he went to ground easily.
He's rotten hope he stay's at Aberdeen for years.

I never watched the game yesterday, but any time I've saw this guy he's been atrocious. A truly terrible player who struggles with basic passing, tackling, control, reading the game and positional sense. He looks like a premiership player in terms of his physicality but that's it.

If you’ve got a negative opinion on an opposition player it’s “blue tinted specs” I’ll happily admit the mhanks have a few players I’d of had at Rangers but McKenna is genuinely abysmal. I’ve never seen him have a good game even in the biggest games of his season against he’s looked utterly dreadful.

I’m trying to think of an Aberdeen player I admire so I can prove it’s not bias but I genuinely can’t think of one. Appallingly bad squad and manager.

Watched the Scotland game and this guy stuck out as being an absolute bomb scare. Summed up by the free kick leading to the Cyprus goal where he took a horrific touch and over stretched to make a tackle on the guy and got booked.

I think the consensus on here is that he is vastly overrated but that’s not my point. The point is, even despite him looking terrible, he was constantly bigged up by Crocker as if he was some sort of player, this was the same on Radio Scotland on the way back from the Colts game where every pundit picked their team for the play offs and he was in them. Very much a ‘McKenna and AN Other’ discussion. What is it with this guy and the reputation he seems to have? What has he done to deserve such lofty opinions? He is a haddy and I’d love the mhanks to spend a few million on him in January.

Aberdeen turned down £3.5M from them for him and a higher bid from Aston Villa last year which is crazy, especially with a new stadium needing to be financed.

He's far too immobile to make at the top level. Good at heading and hoofing it but that's it.

His level of reaction time and positional sense for a centre half is nowhere near good enough.

Slow when running. Slow when turning. Ponderous on the ball. Seriously one-footed. There are better Scottish CBS than him. Sadly, they are injured.

Scotland have a real knack of producing big, slow, technically useless centre halves who have no place in the modern game. He’s just another in a long line.

Grant Hanley, Russell Martin, Michael Devlin, David Bates, Declan Gallagher, Christophe Berra, Steven McManus etc.

Not an ounce of technical ability between them.

Aye he’s absolutely garbage

Efram turned him inside out with the move and shot that should have been a Cyprus goal

I hope Nonce FC spunk millions on the carthorse

Also that prick Gallagher summed up Scottish football.

No skill or technique. He just tried to grapple and barge the Cyprus players and constantly fouled people all game

Gallagher is an absolute thug and given his baseball antics he is a joke. No wonder the Scottish game is ridiculed as just all blood and guts.

I’d be delighted if he ends up with the scum. I previously believe the hype without seeing much of him, he was garbage last night. The effort to defend the one that came down off the bar was shocking.

M4AdKYM.gif

dreadful player outside of being strong and good in the air. when he doesnt have his entire team in or around the box defensively he gets exposed for how poor a defender he is

Cant turn, cant find a team mate with a clearance, cant resist barging through the back of an opponent on the edge of the area. Hopeless. As bad as Declan.

maybe 4?

Im assuming youre suggesting Edmundson or Katic maybe a lesser player?
Lay aff the glue

I’ve only seen Edmundson at CB on 4 occasions (he started V St Joseph’s Home, Progres Home, East Fife Away and Hamilton Home)

Based on just that id say yeah he might be better than McKenna.

You must of been watching him for ages since he was at Oldham etc and know more obviously...

I can clearly state Goldson, Helander, Katic are better than McKenna. Based on my 4 viewings of Edmundson I think he’s better than McKenna.

The fact he’s a nailed on first pick at centre half is endemic of where Scotland are just now at International level - third rate (barely).

His ability over hyped beyond belief. IMO slightly better than your average head it and hoof it Scottish style centre half, but we all know that doesn’t cut it out with our domestic league, hence why Scotland continue to look shambolic in defence and get rinsed against any team of note.

I’ll be amazed but delighted if the scum go for him in January. I think it was Rodgers that was keen on him but one can still hope.

He fits Scottish football. A big physical guy who has reasonable pace for a centre half. Our game plays into the hands of players like Mckenna with the constant high ball game and it makes him look decent.
He is always found out against proper footballers.
This - he’s a big unit who can mix it. In terms of footballing ability - limited. Needs to develop ability to pass and be much quicker. There’s so little talent in Scotland - pundits have nothing to talk about and just create shit.

He is very overrated and never worth what the Sheep/media value him at.

However he has played 100 games in SPL, capped a few times and suppose would do a job for a team constantly under pressure.

People claiming Edmundson is better though who we signed from lower leagues in England, and has only played a handful of games against dross are also talking rubbish as well though. Edmundson is only potential and to suggest he is better than a decent SPL defender is nonsense as well.

Back