Scott McMann - Free Transfer

Potential cheap and solid option for left back/CB cover. Just been released by Dundee Hibernian. Apparently Rangers daft and would walk over broken glass to sign for us. Strong, athletic, good going forward and can defend. Dundee Hibs fans seem to rate him and he's been a big part of their promotion. Might not fit the player trading model at 27 but free transfer, Scottish and low risk as cover for Yilmaz. This might be the type of deal we could be doing with such a massive turnover of players likely
We're signing jefte are we not? We don't need 3 left backs

Genuinely at a loss as to why someone would think a guy deemed not good for Dundee feckin united somehow improves us.
In fairness nobody said they deemed him not good enough. The OP said the fans rate him. Meaning Dundee united probably do aswell. Good chance they've wanted to keep him and he's left. Also probably not one person here slagging the OP who's ever seen the guy play. No as if teams have never signed somebody from a lower league before who's ended up doing well.

For the record I've never seen him and don't know anything about him but some of the patter back to the op is cringey and like a bunch of wee weans egging eachother on to make the next "belter of a joke" :D

OP I think we're signing Jefte anyway so I don't think we'll be needing another left back.

I think it’s probably the worst suggestion I have ever seen on here.

He looks like a good junior football player.

Potential cheap and solid option for left back/CB cover. Just been released by Dundee Hibernian. Apparently Rangers daft and would walk over broken glass to sign for us. Strong, athletic, good going forward and can defend. Dundee Hibs fans seem to rate him and he's been a big part of their promotion. Might not fit the player trading model at 27 but free transfer, Scottish and low risk as cover for Yilmaz. This might be the type of deal we could be doing with such a massive turnover of players likely
Good luck with this post mate , we worked with his auld man a few years ago when he was a youngster with the accies , as you say from Rangers stock , there’s a generation of our fans who don’t want anything to do with Scottish players & indeed can’t wait to get rid of the few Scottish players that we have , 20 odd foreigners fighting for 17 European places seems to be the dream on here & possibly these posters are correct , all our European efforts have done is line our rivals coffers.

Ps not saying we should sign Scott McMann but we need to start finding Scottish footballers

We will if Ridvan has another injury-hit season.
Ridvan injuries have to be a concern yep tbh I’m not as big a believer in his skillset as some others but he has improved . Issue us to improve fir there he has to be playing regularly does he not ?

Would we not be more likely just to play sterling there if two of our left backs were unavailable rather than have three actual left backs on the books mate ?

Yeah that will most likely be the case, unless Yfeko or another youngster can step up. For me though we should be playing Sterling in midfield going forward.

You wear your Celtic pyjamas to weddings, funerals and court, don’t you?

Ahh silly season has began. McCann would have been a shout when he broke through at Hamilton but not now

Ffs, not good enough for Dundee Utd, but we've to sign him so we can win back the league and qualify for the Champions league. NURSE, HELP.

In fairness nobody said they deemed him not good enough. The OP said the fans rate him. Meaning Dundee united probably do aswell. Good chance they've wanted to keep him and he's left. Also probably not one person here slagging the OP who's ever seen the guy play. No as if teams have never signed somebody from a lower league before who's ended up doing well.

For the record I've never seen him and don't know anything about him but some of the patter back to the op is cringey and like a bunch of wee weans egging eachother on to make the next "belter of a joke" :D

OP I think we're signing Jefte anyway so I don't think we'll be needing another left back.
We’ll, I’ll take a stab in the dark and say a 27 year old left back playing in the Scottish championship, who no one has heard of or seen play (including yourself) will neither improve the Rangers first team nor enhance the squad in any way.
If I’m wrong and those guru’s of Scottish football, the Dundee utd support are correct, then I hold my hands up and wish Scott Mcmann the best of luck in next seasons champions league qualifiers and league title race.

Whole board is screaming out for better quality players and this suggests a LB released from a championship (scottish).

This is why I drink

We’ll, I’ll take a stab in the dark and say a 27 year old left back playing in the Scottish championship, who no one has heard of or seen play (including yourself) will neither improve the Rangers first team nor enhance the squad in any way.
If I’m wrong and those guru’s of Scottish football, the Dundee utd support are correct, then I hold my hands up and wish Scott Mcmann the best of luck in next seasons champions league qualifiers and league title race.
It's the way some people are replying though. Not sure about the OP but there are people that will take that to heart and be embarrassed by it. People are allowed to post suggestions without grown men acting like school weans with shite patter slaughtering him for it.

Clearly this is a relative trying to tout a move.

Dundee Utd player who has been released after they get promoted from the Championship. FFS. This is how far we have fallen, that our fans are subjected to looking at Dundee Utd rejects

Good guy is Scott. He got in the championship team of the year this year so very surprised utd releasing him. Strange one.
Rangers a bit above him but wish him all the best in his next move
I heard he refused a new contract.

He is not a bad player at all and is probably coming into his prime. He is too good for the Championship. I’m surprised a Hibs or Aberdeen level haven’t went for him yet.

I heard he refused a new contract.

He is not a bad player at all and is probably coming into his prime. He is too good for the Championship. I’m surprised a Hibs or Aberdeen level haven’t went for him yet.
Didn’t realise he’s refused a new contract. Thought he got on well with Goodwin.
He came thru Hamilton youths with Greg Docherty, eamonn brophy, Danny Armstrong and a few others. They had a right good team at that level. All well coached

Didn’t realise he’s refused a new contract. Thought he got on well with Goodwin.
He came thru Hamilton youths with Greg Docherty, eamonn brophy, Danny Armstrong and a few others. They had a right good team at that level. All well coached
That’s what I was told. I think it is because he knows himself that he is like a Shankland type who played lower level for years and then all of a sudden hit a prime that was actually decent.

Will never forget when Cleland and Bollan signed and my mum saw them in the papers and said "They don't look like Rangers players."
I am convinced to this day that to get Cleland we had to take Bollan as he was in a wage dispute with Dundee Utd at the time.Cleland ended up being a very decent signing,Bollan on the other hand is up there as one of our worst ever signings.

We aren’t in League 2 anymore .

There probably is an argument we are too quick to dismiss domestic players. But Scott McCann is not a Shankland or Armstrong who have excelled in the top league. He’s not a Watson or
Miller who have a lot of potential for growth.
No harm to the lad but he’s 28 years old and just been released by a Championship team.

It's the way some people are replying though. Not sure about the OP but there are people that will take that to heart and be embarrassed by it. People are allowed to post suggestions without grown men acting like school weans with shite patter slaughtering him for it.
I agree with you, absolutely, folk should be able to post without getting abuse in return (see Butland thread for example)
Hopefully the op is taking it in the good nature I’m sure it’s intended.

I agree with you, absolutely, folk should be able to post without getting abuse in return (see Butland thread for example)
I've probably been a bit hypocritical there when it comes to the butland thread by saying I don't believe for a minute we're getting 21 million for him. However I did say maybe the OP in that thread had been given false information. I struggle to believe that fee but hopefully I'm wrong.

Certainly be intended in good nature by some but you can also tell the ones who are trying hard to make him look stupid.

That has got to be the worst suggestion ever have you never seen him play Leo I have plenty and he is abominable.

Back