Scott McTomminay

Sebo23

*McTominay even

Seemed to be the poster boy of the failed end of Mourinho's reign at Utd, and his name constantly gets brought up with regards to Utds apparent lack of quality, but are folk too hard on the boy?

Mourinho after midweek was full of praise basically saying he was the best player in the middle of the park & Spurs couldn't compete with him. Put in another good performance yesterday at City as well. Looks strong this season, has filled out well, is competitive in the middle of the park and does have a decent shot on him.

Anyone else think he's actually decent, or have i had too much gin last night?

Was thinking the same myself watching him against Citeh. If he keeps that up he will be a hell of a player.

Actually thought Fred was excellent, don’t watch Utd a lot but always reading about how poor he is.

He had his best game that I had seen him in as well. Seemed to find pockets of space either side of the centre circle and was important on the counter.

*McTominay even

Seemed to be the poster boy of the failed end of Mourinho's reign at Utd, and his name constantly gets brought up with regards to Utds apparent lack of quality, but are folk too hard on the boy?

Mourinho after midweek was full of praise basically saying he was the best player in the middle of the park & Spurs couldn't compete with him. Put in another good performance yesterday at City as well. Looks strong this season, has filled out well, is competitive in the middle of the park and does have a decent shot on him.

Anyone else think he's actually decent, or have i had too much gin last night?
When he comes back into the team Utd's form seems to pick up. Sometimes the unspectacular players don't get the credit they deserve. He is clearly valued as an important player by the people who matter at Man Utd.

Don’t know enough about him, but I have thought he was a bit overrated. I’ve heard Man Utd fans say he can’t pass, but it seems there is a player in there too. Maybe consistency, but he’s very young too. He needs stability and Man Utd are hardly stable at the moment.

When he comes back into the team Utd's form seems to pick up. Sometimes the unspectacular players don't get the credit they deserve. He is clearly valued as an important player by the people who matter at Man Utd.

A Modern day Makele / Deschamps - a water carrier if you will, you only see what he does for the team when he’s not in it.

Good player no question

Exactly what I was thinking. The kind of water carrier type guy that a lot of good teams incorporate, guys that can do the basics well. Like a Fletcher, a Milner etc.
Dare I say the exact type of player / character that someone like Arsenal have missed over the years.

Actually thought Fred was excellent, don’t watch Utd a lot but always reading about how poor he is.
I was at the game on Wednesday against Spurs and it’s fair to say Fred is the Man Utd fans whipping boy. Thought he was excellent in that match and was really good yesterday as well. Clearly he’s not been outstanding every week but he’s done some brilliant work this week. McTominay is very good also, I think Man Utd are on the brink of being a really good team again, need a little bit more quality up top to get there but not a million miles away

I always thought Ross McCrorie would go on to become this player for us.
Not a playmaker, but the water carrier role, the sort of role that Fletcher and Henderson made their own amongst more talented midfield players.
I have not given up on this, but if he continues to stay at Portsmouth I am not convinced this part of his game will develop..
Like Middleton, I wish Ross had been found a team in Holland or Belgium, I am sure both of them would develop and fine-tune their roles better in a continental environment rather than the lower leagues in England where the emphasis is still very physical in a British kick and rush style.

I was at the game on Wednesday against Spurs and it’s fair to say Fred is the Man Utd fans whipping boy. Thought he was excellent in that match and was really good yesterday as well. Clearly he’s not been outstanding every week but he’s done some brilliant work this week. McTominay is very good also, I think Man Utd are on the brink of being a really good team again, need a little bit more quality up top to get there but not a million miles away

Seen a story of a swap matic Nd cash for eriksen, signings like that will get them back to being a force imo, Pogba to come back too

I reckon Ferguson would have made him a pretty decent player.Certainly got the best out of Darren Fletcher

Don’t know enough about him, but I have thought he was a bit overrated. I’ve heard Man Utd fans say he can’t pass, but it seems there is a player in there too. Maybe consistency, but he’s very young too. He needs stability and Man Utd are hardly stable at the moment.

Agree. Hes 23 today Pedro & has been very harshly judged given his age & the level he’s already playing at.

I thought him & Fred were excellent last night.

I always thought Ross McCrorie would go on to become this player for us.
Not a playmaker, but the water carrier role, the sort of role that Fletcher and Henderson made their own amongst more talented midfield players.
I have not given up on this, but if he continues to stay at Portsmouth I am not convinced this part of his game will develop..
Like Middleton, I wish Ross had been found a team in Holland or Belgium, I am sure both of them would develop and fine-tune their roles better in a continental environment rather than the lower leagues in England where the emphasis is still very physical in a British kick and rush style.

Totally agree on McCrorie. I got skated for suggesting he was exactly the type of player wee needed against Aberdeen in the second half.

Also agree on Middleton and wish both were at Ibrox and getting game time!

Was also at the Spurs game on Wednesday night and agree entirely with your analysis.

Totally agree on McCrorie. I got skated for suggesting he was exactly the type of player wee needed against Aberdeen in the second half.

Also agree on Middleton and wish both were at Ibrox and getting game time!
There have been a few games this season, that McCrorie would have, in my opinion, given us something that we were missing, notably the draw at Tynecastle and the Aberdeen game in the second half.
As soon as we see that it has become a physical free for all and that the referee has decided that kicking fck out of Rangers players is the order of the day, then young Ross, when available, should be immediately deployed.

The boys not a bad player but man united and arsenal should be going all out to land doucoure from Watford. What a player that guy is. Was he not linked with us whilst warbuton was in charge?

Text my mate last night during the Derby and said that although he wasn’t having the greatest game he was still very much the main man in the middle for Utd. Calling the shots and doing the team talk after the goals. Will become a big player

A few on TalkSPORT believe mctominay is a future Man U captain

can him and Jack play in same Scotland? Most Scotland fans thought Jack was good on last games but mctominay will replace him.

re McCrorie and Middleton going abroad would enhance their play but they also need used to getting kicked all over the place

He does the hard work that goes unnoticed with decent players around him he will be appreciated more. Which means he will probably have the Darren fletcher erfect for scotland where people will expect him to win games by himself because he plays for united

Back