Scott Wright - looks decent

He looks promising. We may now have someone that can push Kent to be more consistent, replace Kent to allow rest or have 2 fast and tricky players on either side. Gives us very good options. It’s now a case of who do we need to replace if everyone stays - Davis and McGregor are the only 2 on age. Anyone else it would be someone leaving. A very good place to be.

(I realise we should always strengthen if a quality player becomes available but I’m talking we don’t need to just buy “any” player to fill a slot now)

As much as I like McCrorie it speaks volumes that their fans love him but didn't rate Wright. As I said as well when we signed him, I am fairly sure I saw Stevie May playing wide for them in a similar manner to McCulloch or Thompson for us. He's a good player and I thought it was as obvious that it was when Kamara was playing for Dundee that he'd make the step up.

Imagine 6 months ago he was playing for the sheep with McInnes as his manager. Now he is playing under Steven Gerrard, for Rangers, in Europe and about to get a league winners medal to his name.

Liked the look of him so far.

Clever and shrewd signing. Gerrard has seen something in this boy and to be honest he hasn't disappointed so far. If he follows the track of improvement which many of his signings and those he didn't sign, have shied so far, he will be a future star.

As much as I like McCrorie it speaks volumes that their fans love him but didn't rate Wright. As I said as well when we signed him, I am fairly sure I saw Stevie May playing wide for them in a similar manner to McCulloch or Thompson for us. He's a good player and I thought it was as obvious that it was when Kamara was playing for Dundee that he'd make the step up.
Mcrorie is an Aberdeen/Mcinnes type player

Scott is a Rangers/ Gerrard type of player

horses for courses

He's already convinced me about his work ethic.

And in a few short cameos his ability and style give plenty of optimism.

Hopefully get this league wrapped up asap and give him a start in a game.

He is very hard to read, he turns and cuts into spaces that most players wouldn’t think of.

The penalty being a perfect example.

He is the perfect impact player. Not suggesting that is all he will be in a Rangers shirt, he is capable of being much more, just his characteristics make him the perfect sub to come on.

He’s not scared of a defender either, liked him having a go at that guy towards the end. Skill and dig is a good combo

Good contribution tonight. Direct and tricky.

Looks a good addition. Complete upgrade on Barker.

Knew nothing about him when we signed him. Didn’t expect much. He has been really positive every time he has got on the park. Our recruitment is pretty impressive.

Some might find this strange, but I think he might replace Davis in the fullness of time. It’s the way he takes the ball and plays a sympathetic pass.

Back