Scottish Cup Draw

The only negative i see is having to play on an artificial pitch.
We will get a good allocation as always at Rugby park so if you want to go there's a good chance you'll get a ticket.
If we're going to win the cup we should be beating Cowdenbeath/ Kilmarnock home or away.
As for rest of the draw i could care less who or where anyone else is playing.

For those noticing celtics recent luck in the Scottish cup draws lately, no you're not imagining things.

2016-2019 (excluding semi/finals)- 11 home-1 away

Pretty irrelevant since played at Hampden but interestingly they have a 4-0 home draw selection in the finals too. So in total past 3 seasons so far they are 15 home to 1 away.

Edit: for those interested Aberdeen also have 7 home-1 away in the same time period. Although they have been drawn away in all 3 finals. Rangers are 4 home-4 away (and two out of two away finals)

Just some interesting stats. I'm not trying to infer anything.

Last edited:
I’d of taken anyone at home TBH.

Terrible draw and we could now play Kilmarnock away 5 times in one season - what a farce .

A downright disgrace if we have to play there 5 times. That should see the split farce ended. We should go for the throat.
Why the hell is it a disgrace? We are due to play them away after the split, we will have played them twice at Ibrox by then.

The fact that we have drawn them away in both Cups is entirely separate.

Also Kilmarnock were forced to come to Ibrox 3 times in the league last season.

Why the hell is it a disgrace? We are due to play them away after the split, we will have played them twice at Ibrox by then.

The fact that we have drawn them away in both Cups is entirely separate.

Also Kilmarnock were forced to come to Ibrox 3 times in the league last season.
I thought we would have already played them twice away. Was getting the order of it muddled up. Either way, the split is still a farce, as are plastic pitches and both need removed from our game.

TV

Premier Sports - Kilmarnock v Cowdenbeath/Rangers & Celtic v St Johnstone

BBC Scotland - Ross County v Inverness CT plus 1 other game

Scotland play Ireland in the 6 nations at Murrayfield on the Saturday so I don't see them shown one of their games before it that has 2.15pm start time

Possible schedule?

Friday - BBC
Saturday Premier Sports
Sunday Premier Sports & BBC

@colin

Hearts v Auchinleck will be the Sunday at least

Get us back on tele on the Sunday, cameras will be there anyway

We've had the romance of the cup now time for revenge of the cup :D :D

I just feel if we are going to win things again we have to beat what is placed in front of us no matter who they are, we need to learn to finish of teams something we still find difficult.

I’ve got complete faith with Stevie in the midfield and Dafoe with Alfie ,we will rip them a new one. It’s time to smash them and lay down a marker. We are Rangers ffs, now we’re back to have a half decent side we should never fear Kilmarnock.

Bring it on.

For those noticing celtics recent luck in the Scottish cup draws lately, no you're not imagining things.

Pretty irrelevant since played at Hampden but interestingly they have a 4-0 home draw selection in the finals too. So in total past 3 seasons so far they are 15 home to 1 away.

Edit: for those interested Aberdeen also have 7 home-1 away in the same time period. Although they have been drawn away in all 3 finals. Rangers are 4 home-4 away (and two out of two away finals)

I might be wrong but did we not have a pretty long run of home cup ties a few years ago?

I might be wrong but did we not have a pretty long run of home cup ties a few years ago?
Don't have a clue but it wouldn't surprise me.
Thats the thing with probabilities, especially when using small sample sizes, there's always going to be anomolies. And anyone thinking (as so many people actually do) that black must surely be more likely after 7,8,9 reds in a row should really keep their money in their pocket ;)

I'm sure it was something like 10-12 home games in a row when we were in the lower leagues. The yahoos were up in arms claiming it was rigged so we had more home gate money.

When it's a random draw-luck is all it is.

We had a run of about 10 home ties in a row a couple of seasons ago so don't know why people are getting so worked up about the mentally challengeds getting the same.

Just for clarity, here is the wording of the rules:

"For any match to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket or by cash admission at the
turnstiles, the visiting club shall have the right to claim admissions up to 20% of the
spectator capacity of the ground, in which case the supporters of the visiting club
shall be accommodated in an area of the ground which is agreed by both clubs and the Police authorities after having taken cognisance of the Safety at Sports Ground Act, 1975, where
appropriate."

Luck of the draw.

Would they send us there again after spilt?
We are due to play them away after the split.

It will only be a maximum of 4 trips there.

August League Cup
January League
February Scottish Cup
Post Split League.

Don't know where people are getting 5 trips from.

Back