Scottish youth cup Final

Congrats to the young lads. Missed first 30 mins but thought we were the better footballing side overall. But it’s obviously there are comparisons with the style of our 1st team. So assuming it’s a style we’ve adopted they all levels.

But it has the same failings also. Slow build up, slow passing and to me struggling when teams up their pace and press against us. It’s ok having a possession based style but to me, we needs to be quicker and sharper and on front foot. Showed again today that we waited in bouncing balls or didn’t win 2nd balls.

Still delighted tho. .

Oh and another ref who will probably appear in SPL soon. Just awful.

Well done Rangers. Only caught so much of the game but, standout from what I seen was the Aberdeen captain. Again though, great to see the club lift a trophy

Can't say I enjoyed that too much. Good win obviously and fair play to the goalie but if any of them, on either side, are to make it a then a massive step up is required. Compared to what I used to watch in the younglings growing up it makes me feel a bit sad

Pretty much how I felt mate. I don’t watch enough of the youths to entitle me to be over critical tbh but I thought the standard was shocking

Foster so biased for Aberdeen
Of course it was penalty
Commentary was disgrace
Munn was class especially one of saves late on
Great fightback and winning goal was fantastic
Referee was poor
Congratulations Rangers well deserved lads
Watching the penalty replay he says, 'I mean, it's hit his elbow', then obviously realising that's handball, he starts blustering about some other reason not to give it. Was he equally outraged when that lot got a penalty when the ball hit Goldson's elbow? He was an absolute tw@t tonight.

the under 12 team in the stand at the corner just been told to sit down by teacher? funny how they were doing the bouncy then all moved to the centre circle by about 20 yards and sat down :)
A cameraman came over and asked them to jump about so he could film them for the really. They went down to the corner and jumped about and then were ushered back to their previous seats once the game had re-started.

He dug up the penalty spot just before the penalty was taken then moaned at the ref that the ball wasn’t on the spot. Needless to say none of the match officials spotted it.

(His corner kicks were excellent, though.)

Foster was absolutely shocking as a co- commentator. The TV commentator sounded a bit embarrased by some of Fosters comments.

Sadly , i dont see a way through for many of these lads. The whole 'B' team thing is pretty useless amd i dont think it helps young players progression.
Many will be nowhere in a year or two.
I grew up with Reserve teams which included mix of skill and muscle.
Thats where we were able to bring through young players like Willie Johnston, Derek Johnstone, Ally Dawson , Derek Ferguson and many more.

Foster was absolutely shocking as a co- commentator. The TV commentator sounded a bit embarrased by some of Fosters comments.

Sadly , i dont see a way through for many of these lads. The whole 'B' team thing is pretty useless amd i dont think it helps young players progression.
Thats where we were able to bring through young players like Willie Johnston, Derek Johnstone, Ally Dawson , Derek Ferguson and many more.
This had nothing to do with the B team, this was a group of 16 and 17 year old CHILDREN who would be the mix of skill with the muscle you seem to want young pups to have

This had nothing to do with the B team, this was a group of 16 and 17 year old CHILDREN who would be the mix of skill with the muscle you seem to want young pups to have
Think you've misunderstood me there.
I was trying to say that they dont get the chance to develop for Rangers - with the absence of a mixed reserve team.

Well done to Rangers on winning the youth cup. Some good individual performances and a fantastic team spirit ( actually from both teams ). Hopefully the players go on from strength to strength.

Hopefully we'll see the likes of Lovelace and Mckinnon get a decent amount of minutes next season and if not what's the point of these kids being here.

Terrific interview from a young man showing maturity beyond his years. Nice one, Mason Munn:

Good interview indeed. Seems a very impressive lad, he made some fantastic saves last night, definitely looks a bright prospect for us, which is great.

I thought Nsio and Stevens looked good last night too, as did the Aberdeen captain.

Pretty much how I felt mate. I don’t watch enough of the youths to entitle me to be over critical tbh but I thought the standard was shocking
Well done the Bear Cubs. Though as an old codger I was disappointed in the standard too. Maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses but I think that equates to the old Secondary Juvenile level which I remember as being much more intense.

Quite a few of them that played last night have played and been involved in the B team fixtures this season. Not all of them/maybe none of them will make it that's the way youth football goes.

The club pulled out the reserve league a few years ago because they felt we weren't being challenged and playing against the same players they've played throughout the youth age groups. What the answer is I don't know but the whole development side of Scottish football needs a massive rethink and change.

Quite why we don't just bring back reserve games involving a mixture of youth and first team fringe players, I've no idea. It was something that actually worked across the board.

Like others have said, pleased that we won but I thought the standard from both teams wasn't great.

Quite why we don't just bring back reserve games involving a mixture of youth and first team fringe players, I've no idea. It was something that actually worked across the board.

Like others have said, pleased that we won but I thought the standard from both teams wasn't great.
There is still a SPFL Reserve League. It comprises 9 teams and they play each other once. A total of 8 fixtures per team.:rolleyes: Queens Park clinched the title at the beginning of April, with 3 wins in their 8 matches.

Teams involved? Queens Park, Dundee, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Ayr United, Dunfermline Athletic, Queen of the South, Livingston and Airdrieonians.

Can't say I enjoyed that too much. Good win obviously and fair play to the goalie but if any of them, on either side, are to make it a then a massive step up is required. Compared to what I used to watch in the younglings growing up it makes me feel a bit sad
Number 7 and lad scored winner and our goalie were excellent

Impressed with Goalkeeper Munn.
RB Hutton.
Midfield Curtis
" " N'sio
Attack Stevens
Disappointed with Wylie particularly given the hype.
" " the number 8 in midfield Robertson?
History tells us that few will make it with us or even a high level. For those who don't last night at least gives them a great memory to look back on in future years.

Back