Scotty Arfield

He can be quite unpleasing on the eye but is effective because of his ability to be unpredictable in his movement and to not be static.

Unfairly bombed by SG in favour of an inferior player in Lundstram earlier in the season who, initially, was being shoehorned into a similar all action role.

We move a lot quicker and easier when Morelos isn’t there.
I thought that was more significant than Scotty Arf coming on although did OK and helped turn the tide with a bit of drive.

Hes a smart player but he no longer has the legs to play every game for Rangers and its a Q of when he appears to get the best out of him. GVB seems to have the knack not only with him but changes generally which is very encouraging.

Id still be against renewing his contract though, this season has been a marked decline on last and youve got to say, realistically, keeping him on would only show further reduction in output.

As an occasional starter and impact player he could yet be important for 56 but after that we should say thanks v much, youre an absolute gent and give him a chance for one last payday move elsewhere.

Definitely made a huge difference and we finally had someone close to our striker.

Hagi’s pass into arfield for the penalty shouldn’t be overlooked as well. I say that ironically after shouting for him to be subbed for 30 mins!

Really wish I took screenshots of those two posters in the match thread losing their mind and these changes!

"Roofe has to fvcking score to justify that change!"

YEAH!!!!!!!!

I think Davis needs rest. He’s played so much football, and Gerrard had to rely on him too much due to injuries to Jack and Arfield, bedding Lundstram in etc. And we should be thankful that in the meantime, Arfield is absolutely firing. He’s approaching first name on the team sheet status if he keeps this up.

He had a similar spell around this time last season where he was one of our best players and only got interrupted by an injury during a match which kept him out for a while. As others have said I'm not convinced he has the legs to play 3x a week now but when he does he's still more than capable of playing an important role in the team.

I love Arfield but think he needs managed because he’s a player who literally empty’s the tank wether he starts or comes on.

I don’t know if he’s capable of putting himself through it by starting every game and I’m ok with that if we can get a start from him one game and a good 30 mins in another.

He is still a vital part of our squad and will be a big contributor to us winning 56, despite the yearly clamour from so many on here to write him off at the start of every season

Would be surprised if we allow him to leave as he's a very good squad player.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will be all over him if he's offski.

He can be quite unpleasing on the eye but is effective because of his ability to be unpredictable in his movement and to not be static.

Unfairly bombed by SG in favour of an inferior player in Lundstram earlier in the season who, initially, was being shoehorned into a similar all action role.

They play completely different roles, Lundstram in the main was being rotated with Davis.

Arfield was initially bombed deservedly so after his performances both games against Malmö he was then out with shingles, if you have ever had it you’ll know how it affects you and how long it takes to recover.

Strangely Lundstram got around 4 MOTM awards in a short period was bombed for an under performing Davis.

Arfield does what Hagi and Aribo should be doing, breaking lines getting in behind the back line scoring goals.

He is the only midfielder we have that does that, I don’t know if Bacuna will bring that

Davis - Lundstram - Kelly sitting midfielders dictating play recycling the ball

Kamara - Jack defensive midfielders breaking up play

Arfield - Aribo - Hagi - Bacuna offensive midfielders who should be creating/scoring chances

Said on here a few weeks ago I couldn’t believe how many people were writing him off (again) this season! He is always good for us once he gets up and running

He was written off by people on his comeback from injury... he has been superb recently, his attitude is spot on. I reckon he is a big personality in the changing room too.

When Arfield is fit and playing, we are better team, we create so much more.
Can't believe some people can't see this.

Arfield has been a breath of fresh air lately after many people (myself included) thinking he was done. Hopefully Gio can get a tune out of a few others going forward as well.

Back