Scotty Arfield

Every close season for the last three seasons we get the usual summer thread on here saying he shouldn't get another contract and it's time to move him on. And before August is out it is found out for what it is.
The ramblings of people who's football insight and knowledge could be written on the side of a stamp never mind on the back of one.

Another contribution from the bench today. Glad he got the contract extension. Very intelligent player for us and seems to always know when to make the perfect run into the box.
His footballing brain is quality, he will be a great super sub for us this season and will likely get 15 goals from the bench.

Anybody that knows football (sounds wanky but true) will tell you his type of runs are a nightmare.

Just will take you places you either don’t want to go or places you didn’t realise you were
That’s like my auld granny. She’d pack us into her Fiesta with us thinking we were going to the shops and we’d end up eating sandwiches on the beach for a mid-November picnic.

Indeed, great impact sub & changed the game with opposition tiring and us pressing in waves. You see him as 1st team starter?
No, I was merely suggesting that he can also make a positive impact on games that aren't open as you suggested.

We were struggling to get an equalizing goal with Livi's packed 10 man defence, until Scotty piped up with his header, minutes after entering the pitch.

Although I certainly feel his time as a regular starter is in the past (although not saying he should never start), I think it does him a disservice to suggest that he can only make an impact when the game has opened up.

The Livi goal was a massively important one and I don't think it'll be the last massively important one he scores this season.

Every close season for the last three seasons we get the usual summer thread on here saying he shouldn't get another contract and it's time to move him on. And before August is out it is found out for what it is.
The ramblings of people who's football insight and knowledge could be written on the side of a stamp never mind on the back of one.
The amount of utter wafflin pish that’s been written about him on here is shocking, yet he still comes out with the goods, very often in the biggest games.

Though my head thought JL was MotM, my heart made me one of the very few who voted for Arfield. Goal and an assist. Good man!

Said this during the summer, but anybody thinking Arfield was not worth a contract extension knows nothing about football. Always seems to be a section that are desperate to sign a 21 yo foreign wonderkid for £8m that they have never even heard of.

He will drop in and out over the season, but there is no doubt he will still make a meaningful contribution over the course of the year.

He did very well when he came on today, this will be the secret to our success this season, when players that come off the bench during a game, they must play to a degree that does not weaken the team in anyway.

Having a strong talented squad is crucial, it's going to be a long hard season, with many games to be played and everyone of them will have a part to play to achieve the goals that were set out before a ball was kicked this season. ( We're going to need a bigger Trophy Room).

I feel people always huff at arfield but he genuinely always pops up with important goals/moments for us. I love him!

His footballing brain is quality, he will be a great super sub for us this season and will likely get 15 goals from the bench.
If he has morphed into this role for this season, the Contract extension will be worth it. A very clever player, good movement and creative.

Has shown his worth already and we're (what) four games in?

Was about to start a thread about this myself. Scotty seems like he has a new lease on life with players like Matondo, Lawrence and Tillman linking play together. He's always been an impact player I feel like Gio has players around him now that can provide that type of play to allow Scotty to make runs and actually get service.

This squad is looking good, bears.

Two goals already in the league and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Massive character in and about the squad.

His role will be vital in our push for 56 this season.

Also think the 5 sub rule will massively benefit our squad.

He’s class can always rely on him

Shows the strength we have in depth this season

I salute you Scott

Scored 2 against the maggots he's living the dream. Man love for Scotty ,
yup living in their heads 'that shite falkirk player saluting his way to the title' I watch that on you tube every week so funny. He also kicked the lego muncher off the park when we beat them 1-0 at Ibrox. the drop ball was so good laid into. that fanny

Back