Scouts In Attendance Tonight.

I’d be wanting a fućkload fir Goldson.

I think he’s played in 28 European matches in less than 2 season for us.
Given his age, medical history, lack of pace - i dont think we'll ever get someone in with a big transfer fee for him. Maybe a bit of interest when it comes to renewal time. I dont think he'll be in a hurry to leave though either. Big man seems to love it here

8966a4a09e510a0989d8dd64174e8cc1.jpg

Given his age, medical history, lack of pace - i dont think we'll ever get someone in with a big transfer fee for him. Maybe a bit of interest when it comes to renewal time. I dont think he'll be in a hurry to leave though either. Big man seems to love it here
To be honest I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the home team’s players most were interested in. Which is fine by me

To be honest I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the home team’s players most were interested in. Which is fine by me
Aye you're right theyve got a few decent players in there. Braga weren't what you expected from a portuguese team especially in the first leg, lot of big fast athletes in there that will attract attention. Not the wee nippy midfielders of sporting back in the day was it?

Leeds are on that list I'm sure they were interested in Goldson in January
That ones been around for a while eh? What do you reckon though - Goldson to me looks like a guy who loves it here and would take a bit of moving. And tbh if leeds go up, (which is a big if) theyll maybe have a bit more money to spend on a CB. that boys theyve got the now Cooper has only got about 2 caps for Scotland and if ever a team was crying out for a CB its Scotland!

I agree on most of your points but the big man isn't exactly slow, probably our fastest CH.

Can only be good for us. We’re a team now where people come to get noticed by bigger clubs. Having high profile teams in attendance only increases the value of these players and helps us to attract more players with high potential.

I agree on most of your points but the big man isn't exactly slow, probably our fastest CH.
aye ok but if hes stepping up to the pl or something? I always think his best performances for us are the games where we dont dominate posession and the midfield is sitting really deep. He was great tonight and I've always had the impression hes a big talker and gerrard totally trusts him. Edmundson wouldve benefitted from that tonight

aye ok but if hes stepping up to the pl or something? I always think his best performances for us are the games where we dont dominate posession and the midfield is sitting really deep. He was great tonight and I've always had the impression hes a big talker and gerrard totally trusts him. Edmundson wouldve benefitted from that tonight
No arguments there mate

Genuinely would rate Goldson at £10m range, yes he’s prone to a few clangers but how many games has missed in the passed 2yr; steps up on big occasion
You make a good point about his durability. There was probably a point towards the end of last season where he was half fit and shouldve been rested but the gaffer clearly didnt want to take him out

It’ll mainly be Braga they’ll all be watching, happens all the time, smaller European teams having a great season, upsetting the bigger teams, then max exodus at the end of the season.

Basel
Kiev (going back a bit)
Ajax (several times)
Monaco
Marseilles (back further)

It’ll mainly be Braga they’ll all be watching, happens all the time, smaller European teams having a great season, upsetting the bigger teams, then max exodus at the end of the season.

Basel
Kiev (going back a bit)
Ajax (several times)
Monaco
Marseilles (back further)

In a game we dominated, you think it's mainly Braga players they will have been impressed with?

In a game we dominated, you think it's mainly Braga players they will have been impressed with?
No I think they’ll have been far more impressed with our players, every one of them. I’m just meaning why so many were in attendance in the first place.

Wouldn’t be overly surprised if they scouts were for Hagi. I read an article last week that his Father wants him to play in La liga or Premier league in England.

But let’s be honest, all them scouts would’ve left very impressed with every Rangers player, what a performance!

One of Katic or Goldson is going, which is why we’ve brought in Edmundson IMO.
Dont think Goldson will be away. edmundson hasnt yet played that much but get the impression hes really fancied long term by the management. Helander is the big money one. Which leaves katic. For me, I'd be gutted if we sold him, if gerrard doesnt want to start him next year give hm a loan for a year.

No I think they’ll have been far more impressed with our players, every one of them. I’m just meaning why so many were in attendance in the first place.

Still not buying it mate, considering our run in Europe so far, a few teams would be aware of our players as well

Fair enough mate, there’s probably quite a few in our team who have built big reputations with their performances lately. I guess it’s all good really, the more interest the higher the fee, if we chose to move anyone on.

I reckon some of these teams are watching due to the fact we (or Braga before we knocked them out) may possibly play them in next rounds of the tournament.

I doubt Leeds Utd were there to see the Braga lot, they'll have one eye on our English lads.

Braga's keeper must be attracting attention if he always performs as well as he did against us.

Latest posts

Back