SD v RFC Judgement

Reality is this will run and run and run.

Judgement, appeal, new claim, Judgement, appeal, claim and so on..until a judge says enough is enough. Pay the fat c-nt x amount of money and that's the contract void due to toxic relations.
Agree with this (minus the bit about paying Ashley - only pay any damages ordered by the court)

The court will eventually throw this out on the grounds of wasting time. It is evidently already at that stage. The first few pages of the judgement get that across.

Either this or legal teams no longer willing to take the reputational hit.

If we need to pay damages etc... does this mean we need to stay with SD for how long?

I mean if the contract says SD have first choice in a matching clause, can they just match the deal every time forever !?

My head is fried reading this

Remind me again who covers any losses the club have made over the last few years?
Look if we have to be eternally grateful and not ever ask questions, then we’ve learned bugger all. Make no mistakes, the contribution of the fans was the biggest reason we kept going through the leagues. The losses he board had are now shares, so they have still got equity , whereas we sunk millions into seasons of unmitigated misery. Yet nonsense still proceeds like screw ups such as Pedro, the cup final pr, useless bbc dossiers, spunked transfer money, memorial gardens and now this. So with all due respect you can ram this cap doffing , eternally grateful nonsense. They deserve a rollicking for this.

Your not making any sense .

Until it’s clear that no money goes to SDI , I’ll use other avenues to ensure the money goes into the club.

Until then , I won’t buy any more merchandise, as is my right . I’m not telling or asking others to do the same - it’s our own choice. You don’t get to tell me either BTW.

If you have a problem with that , tough .
Totally up to you mate of course but we are in a situation whereby we owe Ashley damages in any case due to the legal agreement - you can view it as separate to any money made on retail in a way.

Imo not buying the strip means we lose in every eventuality at this stage. At least money spent is always limited to 1 million for Ashley - not buying means he ultimately gets more and we get less.

A little light hearted fun to end the day, I was in the pub earlier and a celtic supporter in there 1st words to me were " WTF is happening at Rangers " I thought he was talking about the Ashley carry- on but NO i hope you are all sitting down this is his take on Rangers problems just now .....
1 - Craig Whyte still controls Rangers and is running them in the background
2 - Douglas Park paid Mr Gerrards wages last season and this
3 - Douglas Park loaned Dave King £14m to keep Rangers above water this season
4- He then tried to cancel the deal but Dave King said it's gone now
5 - Douglas Park's Bank Manager has said if he doesn't get that money back asap he will have to sell all his business's
He didn't answer when I asked him why Douglas Park would give Dave King £14m if Craig Whyte owned Rangers
And it's goodnight from him ( One for the oldies )

This is extremely wishful thinking to the point you're bordering on delusion mate

Delusion - Do you honestly think that we as a club just forgot to look at the clause that said SDI must have the chance to match any offer?

King is a master of the long game and will be working to sequence of events, each slowly moving this to the next stage.

Do a wee bit of research on his battle with SARS. He had them agree to freeze any penalties on the provision he ring fenced the total penalties they claimed were due.

The battle lasted 13 years - The money he ring fenced gained interest year on year to the extent it covered the legal costs and the penalties eventually levied and for good measure a significant chunk of the original deposit was left over.

A guy who plans his battles in this manner does not just forget essential parts of the contract. It was overlooked for a reason. The same way Hummel were chosen given they are about the only sportswear brand in the world not stocked to any extent by SDI - This very fact gives the fat bastard zero control over pricing etc.

There is a long game at play clearly. Its got a long way to go.

In the meantime you keep pissing your pants.;)

Totally up to you mate of course but we are in a situation whereby we owe Ashley damages in any case due to the legal agreement - you can view it as separate to any money made on retail in a way.

Imo not buying the strip means we lose in every eventuality at this stage. At least money spent is always limited to 1 million for Ashley - not buying means he ultimately gets more and we get less.

I see your point i do . However let’s not forget there’s more than one way to put money into the club . There’s RTV full package , £17 a month . There’s the new Union jackpot halftime draws . Membership of club1872. Spend money in hospitality/Argyll house. Stadium tours . Loads of ways .

We all pay our money and make our choice , this for me has got personal I admit it because of what SDI seem to be trying to do to us at a crucial point in our resurgence . I cannot abide Ashley or SDI or trust them one tiny bit . Yes we may have screwed up with the contracts but that doesn’t mean we have to play ball with them . On a personal level I won’t be . But the club won’t be short I’ll make sure of it .

Missing my point entirely. Ashley may no longer have shares but is still a huge irritant. He doesnt need shares to do that. So for him its mission accomplished.

You are missing the biggest point. If we have to end up back with SDI it will be on massively favourable terms for us. Just as the terms we are with Hummel and Elite.

Our merch deal is all about making us the most money and who ever we use whether its Hummel Elite or SDI then they will be makjng a lot of money as well.

So we negotiated out of the original Spiv deal to allow us to get to the position where we were now able to make a lot if money. If SDI have to match terms 100% or would be in breach of their contract then we will still be making a lot if money.

Delusion - Do you honestly think that we as a club just forgot to look at the clause that said SDI must have the chance to match any offer?

King is a master of the long game and will be working to sequence of events, each slowly moving this to the next stage.

Do a wee bit of research on his battle with SARS. He had them agree to freeze any penalties on the provision he ring fenced the total penalties they claimed were due.

The battle lasted 13 years - The money he ring fenced gained interest year on year to the extent it covered the legal costs and the penalties eventually levied and for food measure a significant chunk of the original deposit was left over.

A guy who plans his battles in this manner does not just forget essential parts of the contract. It was overlooked for a reason. The same way Hummel were chosen given they are about the only sportswear brand in the world not stocked to any extent by SDI - This very fact gives the fat bastard zero control over pricing etc.

If by long game you mean the plan was to lock us in a deal with SD until they decide otherwise you're absolutely spot on,

King is not capable of changing the law and this contract is seemingly.binding

I see your point i do . However let’s not forget there’s more than one way to put money into the club . There’s RTV full package , £17 a month . There’s the new Union jackpot halftime draws . Membership of club1872. Spend money in hospitality/Argyll house. Stadium tours . Loads of ways .

We all pay our money and make our choice , this for me has got personal I admit it because of what SDI seem to be trying to do to us at a crucial point in our resurgence . I cannot abide Ashley or SDI or trust them one tiny bit . Yes we may have screwed up with the contracts but that doesn’t mean we have to play ball with them . On a personal level I won’t be . But the club won’t be short I’ll make sure of it .
What will you do to make sure of it?

A little light hearted fun to end the day, I was in the pub earlier and a celtic supporter in there 1st words to me were " WTF is happening at Rangers " I thought he was talking about the Ashley carry- on but NO i hope you are all sitting down this is his take on Rangers problems just now .....
1 - Craig Whyte still controls Rangers and is running them in the background
2 - Douglas Park paid Mr Gerrards wages last season and this
3 - Douglas Park loaned Dave King £14m to keep Rangers above water this season
4- He then tried to cancel the deal but Dave King said it's gone now
5 - Douglas Park's Bank Manager has said if he doesn't get that money back asap he will have to sell all his business's
He didn't answer when I asked him why Douglas Park would give Dave King £14m if Craig Whyte owned Rangers
And it's goodnight from him ( One for the oldies )
Gerry Collins on Rocksport said Gerrard would have sunk to he knees when he heard this as there will be no more players coming in now.:))

Can't wait for the next signing now

You are missing the biggest point. If we have to end up back with SDI it will be on massively favourable terms for us. Just as the terms we are with Hummel and Elite.

Our merch deal is all about making us the most money and who ever we use whether its Hummel Elite or SDI then they will be makjng a lot of money as well.

So we negotiated out of the original Spiv deal to allow us to get to the position where we were now able to make a lot if money. If SDI have to match terms 100% or would be in breach of their contract then we will still be making a lot if money.

SDI don't want a deal. They want to frustrate the process and burn time. Until a judge calls them out for this then the battle rages on.

Please see post 1128

Gerry Collins on Rocksport said Gerrard would have sunk to he knees when he heard this as there will be no more players coming in now.:))

Can't wait for the next signing now
The way that fat prick was on his knees in the quarter gill on a regular basis. Balloon.

What will you do to make sure of it?

I already have the premium package for rtv so I’ll purchase more of the union jackpot tickets and just ensure that what I’d have spent on merch still goes into the club . The kids have all the kit now anyway , it’ll be me that’s down :Dnothing new there .

Hardly looked at it but briefly, it appears the Judge has decided that we should have allowed SD the opportunity to match the same offer as any competitor? Not sure of the ins and outs but surely something as simple as that could have been done then we could have told SD where to go? There must be more to it than that?

We have some time ago given the required notice to terminate this deal. When does that happen, somebody remind me before anyone says pepetuity again.

The battle lasted 13 years - The money he ring fenced gained interest year on year to the extent it covered the legal costs and the penalties eventually levied and for good measure a significant chunk of the original deposit was left over.

Del when the case came to an end the value of his company climbed by 40% and he was able to pay off the fines plced on him by the court, a very long game is in play here and I for one am right behind Dave.

I’ve read some stuff on here but by god this is up there as complete lunacy. We are a year to year football club not a bloody market plc. We were routed in the court judgement and this long term cunning plan shite, give me strength. Oh and to be crystal clear you’ve commented on cunning King with zero reference to the shitstorm we are in and and how the long term genius is getting us out it. Just utter bluster. Well meaning but useful place men like you keep us putting up with crap like this.

Litigation will go on for the foreseeable regardless. SDI have zero interest in dealing with Rangers. Their only plan is to frustrate the process for as long as they possibly can.

Spot on. Ashley is hell bent on messing us around at every turn. Our real hope of ridding ourselves of his toxic presence is that finally one of these Judges in the future can see what he's been doing and rule against SDI.

Very very good point , given who will bid knowing the expense of creating one is likely to fail. A point anyone with half a brain could see.

It’s probably been said on this before.

But what would happen if someone created a 3rd party company and put a bid in for the kid deal giving us ridiculous terms that were completely in our favour and didn’t make that company anything really.

SD wouldn’t match that. We would be out the deal and if they did, fat boy would just lose money anyway.

It’s probably not as simple as that, but can that happen?

It’s probably been said on this before.

But what would happen if someone created a 3rd party company and put a bid in for the kid deal giving us ridiculous terms that were completely in our favour and didn’t make that company anything really.

SD wouldn’t match that. We would be out the deal and if they did, fat boy would just lose money anyway.

It’s probably not as simple as that, but can that happen?
Legally unlikely. Court would investigate the company and its ability to deliver and also its background and provenance. The market is small in this area and a retailer appearing out of nowhere would create huge suspicion.

STUPID QUESTION TIME....

What happens if we just say “aye, no bother” to the courts and continue dealing directly with Hummel and Elite? Presumably fines would follow, would it get any more serious than that? Folks getting banged up etc?
In think you've answered your own question

That statement is a shambles.

What did strike me though is there is not one mention of an appeal.

That to me say's there isn't one.
Maybe there's no course to appeal, the waters still murky with what happens next but maybe we've been told everything the board are able to... At this stage. They could be in the dark also

Look if we have to be eternally grateful and not ever ask questions, then we’ve learned bugger all. Make no mistakes, the contribution of the fans was the biggest reason we kept going through the leagues. The losses he board had are now shares, so they have still got equity , whereas we sunk millions into seasons of unmitigated misery. Yet nonsense still proceeds like screw ups such as Pedro, the cup final pr, useless bbc dossiers, spunked transfer money, memorial gardens and now this. So with all due respect you can ram this cap doffing , eternally grateful nonsense. They deserve a rollicking for this.
Agreed 100%.

And yes, the fans are the biggest financial contributors to the club - by a distance.

Listening to daily update on h&h these court battles with sports direct will go on for years.while they are suing us rangers are also suing them.

Just listened to the daily update . DE saying this looks like it will be years not months still to go . SDI still owe us £3 million let’s not forget . It’s never an easy path with us .

Back