Season ticket refund ?

davyboy83

Just wondering how you go about getting season ticket refund ? I've not been working since all the covid started , I'm self employed so not been bringing in a wage . Struggling for cash so haven't renewed my season ticket yet. But if I can get some money to put towards next season's ticket that would help me out a good bit. If I had been earning I wouldn't have asked for it but needs must unfortunately.

Just wondering how you go about getting season ticket refund ? I've not been working since all the covid started , I'm self employed so not been bringing in a wage . Struggling for cash so haven't renewed my season ticket yet. But if I can get some money to put towards next season's ticket that would help me out a good bit. If I had been earning I wouldn't have asked for it but needs must unfortunately.
You won't be getting a refund. £25 voucher like the rest of us to put towards SOmething else

The details are on the e-mail you should have received.

Latest communication from Stewart Robertson

“Within the interview, I also address questions on refunds for cancelled games last season, should any supporter wish to claim one. Rest assured, however, if you choose to leave your money within the club, it will be re-invested into the first-team squad. Further information on the process for refund requests will be issued next week”

Your circumstances sound such that, even with a refund (which you WILL be able to claim) you shouldn’t be bothering with a season ticket. It’s that simple. Family first until you're back on your feet.

Taking any refund from the missed games would hurt us imo.

Take the £25 offered.

Also you can pay up your season ticket.
I kind of understand this comment - Sounds harsh but taking a refund to subsidise 20/21 season ticket doesn’t really sit right with me personally. Although the club have opened the door on this I think it’s more aimed at people who need money now for more important things than a season ticket?

If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgivable.

Edit... I've had to edit this post in order to draw attention to the first sentence for fresh FFers viewing the thread. The complete inability of certain posters to digest it is doing my fecking nut in. :))

Last edited:

Take the £25 offered.

I’ve had a season ticket since 1981/2. Followed everywhere through good times and bad.

I’m now self employed and not worked since the lockdown. Money I put aside for season ticket and holiday has all gone... more or less

I don’t want to take any money out the club. What I might like to do is take whatever refund I am due and renew

I’ve had a season ticket since 1981/2. Followed everywhere through good times and bad.

I’m now self employed and not worked since the lockdown. Money I put aside for season ticket and holiday has all gone... more or less

I don’t want to take any money out the club. What I might like to do is take whatever refund I am due and renew

Same reply do you as fo the OP. Your circumstances sound such that, even with a refund (which you WILL be able to claim) you shouldn’t be bothering with a season ticket. It’s that simple. Family first until you're back on your feet.

Now that that us cleared up I hope you don't mind briefly hijacking the thread , my season ticket was paid for but I got an email saying it was cancelled and received a refund, does anyone know how to go about sorting this, I can't do it on the rangers website, it isn't showing up there .

Now that that us cleared up I hope you don't mind briefly hijacking the thread , my season ticket was paid for but I got an email saying it was cancelled and received a refund, does anyone know how to go about sorting this, I can't do it on the Rangers website, it isn't showing up there .

Use the link in the renewal email to pay

The guy is self employed with no money coming in.

OP I hope you get back out to work soon mate. I too am self employed however, I’m fortunate in that I can work from home. All the best mate.
Completely agree with you sentiments mate however if possible, there are a few other luxuries/non essentials in life I would drop before taking circa £120 back out of the club to buy a season ticket. Agree, it’s not unforgivable though

I fully sympathise with OP. Recently renewed my season ticket. Now company I work for have "asked" us to tale 12 days unpaid leave. What a shit situation. Might now have to go back and ask for refund for last season. Not great but needs must.

Completely agree with you sentiments mate however if possible, there are a few other luxuries/non essentials in life I would drop before taking circa £120 back out of the club to buy a season ticket
Food or bills are essentials mate. We don’t know the guys circumstances.

I’m fortunate in that I have saved for a rainy day as my industry has peaks and troughs. Unfortunately that’s not the case for everyone.

Food or bills are essentials mate. We don’t know the guys circumstances.

I’m fortunate in that I have saved for a rainy day as my industry has peaks and troughs. Unfortunately that’s not the case for everyone.
I get it mate and I’m genuinely not having a go at the OP, your right, we don’t know his circumstances and it’s obviously a very difficult time, I feel for him and everyone else.

To be clear though if I had to I would without hesitation however I'm just making the point that if I found my self in the same position and I had to go back to the club for a refund of £120 I wouldn’t be giving it straight back to them for another season ticket.

I’m in a similar position to you and given the right set of circumstances could easily find myself In trouble if I didn’t have any income at all for a few months.
Best of luck anyway OP, I’m sure you will get back on your feet soon mate.

Is it not? Some guy states he is struggling for cash and is told not to ask for his money back.

As I've said in other threads if people are in a situation where they are in need of the cash, the right thing is to refund them.

Having someone tell you that you should accept the £25 and thats it, isn't on!
^^^That is the way you should have replied then.

I'm happy the club has taken a sensible decision on this matter.

To all the bears and bearettes out there struggling to get by in these difficult times, you have my deepest sympathies. Your family and personal wellbeing always comes first. To those one here lacking empathy with fellow Gers, I feel sorry for you too.

I assume anyone taking a refund won’t be buying a season book for this year coming ?
Personally I'll not be making any assumptions against bears or bearettes who've fallen on hard times over these last few months, I just hope that they can all get their lives & finances back on track & if the refund helps them all the better, I wish them all the best & hope they can get back to follow following soon

For the vast majority of us who live by good Presbyterian values wouldn’t look down on anyone who haS no choice but take a refund to genuinely look after the right priorities in life, COVID impact or not.

It’s the few chancers out there (not the OP) who havnt been adversely impacted and see this as an opportunity to save a few quid and subsidies next years season ticket cost that would stick in my throat.
The club have done the right thing here making the offer, not much they can do if there are people out there who decide to abuse it.

Take the £25 offered.

Read his post. No issue with him taking up the refund so he can get his ticket next year. Everyone’s circumstances are different.

I assume anyone taking a refund won’t be buying a season book for this year coming ?
Look at it this way.
OP bit short on cash, say his season book is £490 and is due a refund of maybe £150 which he’ll give straight back to the club.

So the club gets £340 plus maybe mygers plus all home games and a pie and that at home games.

yep it could go to someone who will pay the whole amount but for the sake of £150 I’d rather a loyal supporter got to stay. Plus, the OP might spend more over the course of a year than a new STH

Swings and roundabouts

I kind of understand this comment - Sounds harsh but taking a refund to subsidise 20/21 season ticket doesn’t really sit right with me personally. Although the club have opened the door on this I think it’s more aimed at people who need money now for more important things than a season ticket?

Who are you to determine what criteria is set for taking the refund?

The guy paid his ST and didn’t get all of the games he’s paid for

In any other business you’d expect a full refund.

Some folk clearly seem to think that folk should forget any money issues they have and just let the club keep the money.

The club have been quick to take money off us for ST and mygers. If some want a full refund to then put towards next seasons ST that is their choice

If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgiveable.

What a pile of nonsense

We are in the middle of a pandemic that we’ve never seen in our lives. If some want their refund then they’re entitled to ask for it whether they need it or not

The club treat fans as customers when it suits let’s not forget that

Once it was paid the email was deleted (though I don't recall doing it I must have) , is there any other way that you know?
Thanks for the reply.

No worries pal

I would maybe send an email to the ticket office and ask them to resend the email, if you're paying by card then it has to be through the email link for some reason.

Back