Season Ticket Refunds

This has become a daily shit stirring thread. If you have applied and not received anything contact Rangers. No one should be judged for applying for a refund as everyone's circumstances are different. Now I'm not saying the op is at it, but its usually new members who start the thread.

This has become a daily shit stirring thread. If you have applied and not received anything contact Rangers. No one should be judged for applying for a refund as everyone's circumstances are different. Now I'm not saying the op is at it, but its usually new members who start the thread.
When you send Rangers an email they don't reply for weeks,ticket office is a shambles at the best of times to get a reply from that's why i asked on here,and no im not trying to stir things ffs!

Not a big surprise rangers are dragging their heels as there will be several hundred thousand pounds coming out of the club

Really starting to irritate me people having a go at those who had apply for a refund.

If you applied for a refund then it is clear you had to do it, you didn't just do it for the sake of it.

You shouldn't need to explain yourself to anyone never mind some random on a forum.

Hope you get your refund soon mate and it helps your situation

Sorry guys, I seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here, I was thinking it was for this season the chap was talking about.

Please forgive my ignorance, it was a purely innocent question thinking why would you buy this years season ticket and then want a refund.

Some top class replies though, you should all be very proud of yourselves.

To the OP, please accept my sincere apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick

Good chance this new member has. Been lurking for two year. Thread should be closed.

why should the thread be closed? Because they asked a question that has been asked before?

what about the multiple threads the last few days about Barjonas? or seat transfers? Should they all be closed as well?

If the poster wants to ask a question which is a valid one then there is nothing wrong with that. They obviously want an update as they need the money.

@Greg Marshall you able to help the OP out with a time frame?

Last edited:
why should the thread be closed? Because they asked a question that has been asked before?

what about the multiple threads the last few days about Barjonas? or seat transfers? Should they all be closed as well?

If the poster wants to ask a question which is a valid one then there is nothing wrong with that. They obviously want an update as they need the money.

@Greg Marshall you able to help the OP out with a tframe?
Agree with this post. Seems to be an awful lot of people falling over themselves to shame guys who need the money.
Poor show.

@Greg Marshall you able to help the OP out with a time frame?
There should be sticky topics for now.
Mygers
Seat transfers and waiting list
Rangers tv
Refunds including vouchers
Admin or greg updating then they could be directed to the sticky when looking for answers then no reason for the daily thread from another poster

I’ve had 2 reply’s from Rangers yesterday and this morning.

“Hello

Thank you for your email, our finance office is currently arranging for the authorisation signatures from the directors necessary to send out the cheque refunds for the missed matches. We believe the cheque refunds will be authorised and issued out by the end of the week.”

“Thank you for your email.

Refunds are being processed at the moment , however due to the large volume received cheques will be sent in due course.”

“Refunds are being processed at the moment , however due to the large volume received cheques will be sent in due course”

That’s bit of a shame. Both because so many felt the need to seek the full refund and, secondly, because of the impact on Club finances. I’d hoped numbers would be low. Maybe their idea of ‘large volume’ isn’t thousands but hundreds. Maybe.

Anyone had it yet? Can't make this month's season ticket installment without it.

As much as it might wrankle to do it, hold off on paying until you get the money. - club doesn't cancel tickets outright without a decent warning. you'll get a chaser email mid-month if you've not paid on time giving you a deadline to pay by. otherwise contact the ticket office and give them forewarning that you can't pay this months instalment and give them a date by which you think they'll get the money. work with them if you can and it makes things easier alround?

“Refunds are being processed at the moment , however due to the large volume received cheques will be sent in due course”

That’s bit of a shame. Both because so many felt the need to seek the full refund and, secondly, because of the impact on Club finances. I’d hoped numbers would be low. Maybe their idea of ‘large volume’ isn’t thousands but hundreds. Maybe.
Depends what they’re counting as large volumes. If they’ve still got most staff on furlough, 5% would still be 2000 individual requests for say one person to handle

In reality everyone should have got one as standard. The club played on our loyalty which shamed people into not applying.

I could have done with the money for other things just now and so could thousands of others but decided not to apply basically because of peer pressure.

Rangers is about the only thing in most people's lives that people would accept this from.

It definitely sticks in my throat a bit that it is only fans that lost out. The players only took a wage deferral so won't have lost a penny. Neither will have the directors earning far more than the average fan.

In reality everyone should have got one as standard. The club played on our loyalty which shamed people into not applying.

I could have done with the money for other things just now and so could thousands of others but decided not to apply basically because of peer pressure.

Rangers is about the only thing in most people's lives that people would accept this from.

It definitely sticks in my throat a bit that it is only fans that lost out. The players only took a wage deferral so won't have lost a penny. Neither will have the directors earning far more than the average fan.
But Rangers never take the fans loyalty for granted.....

Had every club in the country had EPL levels of tv money then I’m sure they would all have done as you suggest. Unfortunately they don’t. Outwith the EPL the vast majority of clubs did exactly as we did and their fans, as with our own, decided in huge numbers to forego - just like you - seeking a refund. Kinda goes with the territory as a football fan.

Our Club runs at a loss and survives on top-ups from our investors. Most are keen to see that end and the Club self-finance and are prepared to take a wee hit themselves to help that. That’s the ‘positive’ take on this. Please don’t take that as a criticism of those who, through necessity, decided to apply for the refund.

You are 100% correct, if the players took a wage cut then the money saved from that could have went on paying out refunds to those who need it .

It’s a fair point you make, however people are still demanding the club buys new players (of quality). This can’t be done without massive chunk of season ticket money. The clubs in a no win position imo.

Really disappointing from the club that this is taking so long. The refund was there for those who needed it most, those same people are still waiting almost two months down the line.

Quick enough to take money but have made the whole process as difficult as possible to apply for then have dragged their heels with sorting their refunds out. The silence from the club (I presume as I haven’t heard anyone mention an email apart from the poster above who contacted them) is quite poor. The SLO has been tagged but has ignored it.

Hopefully those who had to apply get their money soon. Especially those who are going to struggle to make ends meet.

One of our RSC members received an email from the TO stating cheques were being issued by the finance department but couldn't put a time scale on this, mixed messages by all accounts looking at previous posts above, again another poor response from the club.

Last edited:
They could have offered to take a cut. As high band tax payers 40% of it would have went to the tax man anyway.
Mate as much as I admire your intentions, there is no way on earth anyone is going to do that, let alone your modern day, over paid footballers.

Had every club in the country had EPL levels of tv money then I’m sure they would all have done as you suggest. Unfortunately they don’t. Outwith the EPL the vast majority of clubs did exactly as we did and their fans, as with our own, decided in huge numbers to forego - just like you - seeking a refund. Kinda goes with the territory as a football fan.

Our Club runs at a loss and survives on top-ups from our investors. Most are keen to see that end and the Club self-finance and are prepared to take a wee hit themselves to help that. That’s the ‘positive’ take on this. Please don’t take that as a criticism of those who, through necessity, decided to apply for the refund.

Of course not. I agree it does come with the territory. You are absolutely correct

Refunding people who obviously need the cash should have been handled as be a priority for the club i.m.o.
Folk are obviously asking because things may be tight.
How long since the claim have folk been waiting?
1-2 months?

I agree 100% that the club played on our loyalty, they always do and always will. But we were all entitled to ask for the refund, peer pressure or financial pressure etc being applicable to us all.

But you say "The players won't have lost a penny. Neither will have the directors earning far more than the average fan." So which directors are you aiming at here? Unless it has changed, non of the directors of RIFC plc take any remuneration. Indeed, they have invested millions into rebuilding the club.

So I assume it is the working directors of RFC Limited are in the firing line then, Robertson, Bisgrove, Wilson, Dickson and Blair?

Refunding people who obviously need the cash should have been handled as be a priority for the club i.m.o.
Folk are obviously asking because things may be tight.
How long since the claim have folk been waiting?
1-2 months?
5th July I sent my application away. Hopefully won’t be to long now

I agree 100% that the club played on our loyalty, they always do and always will. But we were all entitled to ask for the refund, peer pressure or financial pressure etc being applicable to us all.

But you say "The players won't have lost a penny. Neither will have the directors earning far more than the average fan." So which directors are you aiming at here? Unless it has changed, non of the directors of RIFC plc take any remuneration. Indeed, they have invested millions into rebuilding the club.

So I assume it is the working directors of RFC Limited are in the firing line then, Robertson, Bisgrove, Wilson, Dickson and Blair?

You seem to know more about the income of them more than me and yes I meant the working directors. I will not estimate how much they are on but it will be a hell of a lot more than the majority of paying fans

Back