Season ticket waiting list

bear wi nae hair

I realise that winning 55 this season is a game changer but has anyone joined the waiting list in the last few years and managed to now own a season ticket or am I going to be on there for an eternity?

I’ve been down south for 20 years but managed to get tickets off of friends and family when I’m coming up. I’d rather fork out for a couple ofseason tickets and plan my trips around big games now I’m divorced and have a lot more free time but obviously that’s when friends and family are also definitely wanting to go so I, quite rightly, can’t rely on their tickets

I was on for half a season last year for a mate’s Christmas present and was offered one in November. If you’re not picky where you want I reckon you’ll get one after maybe a season

I joined it in December 2018 and got one for the 19/20 season. The waiting list is not “15,000 long” which is a misconception. Rangers had never used the waiting list for season tickets prior to this season as there wasn’t such demand. The majority of accounts were simply old and inactive or those had already got a season ticket by then.

If you join it right now you will get one for next season I am sure of it. There’s always people moving away, different financial situation etc.

I don’t really see the point of just having a season ticket and only going to the “big games”, if you do get one make sure to use Seat Sub if you can’t attend and nor can your family or friends as it allows others to.

I joined it in December 2018 and got one for the 19/20 season. The waiting list is not “15,000 long” which is a misconception. Rangers had never used the waiting list for season tickets prior to this season as there wasn’t such demand. The majority of accounts were simply old and inactive or those had already got a season ticket by then.

If you join it right now you will get one for next season I am sure of it. There’s always people moving away, different financial situation etc.

I don’t really see the point of just having a season ticket and only going to the “big games”, if you do get one make sure to use Seat Sub if you can’t attend and nor can your family or friends as it allows others to.

Oh the seats will be full every game mate. I joined the list in October so fingers crossed then. I’d take one anywhere but it does ask you to name your three favourite options I think.

Oh the seats will be full every game mate. I joined the list in October so fingers crossed then. I’d take one anywhere but it does ask you to name your three favourite options I think.
Ah I see now I get you sorry if that came across as pejorative. If you put your three favourite choices down it doesn’t matter as they asked me to phone the ticket office and you could tell them wherever you would like to have one.

I realise that winning 55 this season is a game changer but has anyone joined the waiting list in the last few years and managed to now own a season ticket or am I going to be on there for an eternity?

I’ve been down south for 20 years but managed to get tickets off of friends and family when I’m coming up. I’d rather fork out for a couple ofseason tickets and plan my trips around big games now I’m divorced and have a lot more free time but obviously that’s when friends and family are also definitely wanting to go so I, quite rightly, can’t rely on their tickets

I joined and got offered one within weeks , I never took the first one and still got one by going to the ticket office , I seen a few people in there buying them over the counter on the day , single season tickets seem to be easy to get , probably getting two or more together would take a lot longer.

I’m now a bit worried as I’ve gone for 2 so I can take my brother or old man along. Might drop to one and then when I get the call I can try and get another??

Dont count on Rangers emailing you i was on list for ages people were getting offered after being on list only weeks,i happened to be on website after renewal date and there were seats coming up for sale and bought 2 just keep lookin on website around release date time.

Dont count on Rangers emailing you i was on list for ages people were getting offered after being on list only weeks,i happened to be on website after renewal date and there were seats coming up for sale and bought 2 just keep lookin on website around release date time.

When do they release mate. August?

I joined the waiting list about 12 months ago and managed to get a seat in the Club Deck for this season. Be aware they don’t advertise when they go on sale, they send you an email to say there are ST’s available when you aren’t expecting it so you have to be checking your emails quite a lot!!

I joined the waiting list about 12 months ago and managed to get a seat in the Club Deck for this season. Be aware they don’t advertise when they go on sale, they send you an email to say there are ST’s available when you aren’t expecting it so you have to be checking your emails quite a lot!!

can you call at that point or is it a race to the ticket office? I’m in bloody Cambridge

Been on it for a while now, and had nothing. Managed to scope one from a lad on facebook for rest of season.

Single seats are probably easy enough to get but no chance wanting 2 together.

I know a guy been phoning/mailing the TO neatly once a week for 2 years with no joy yet for him and his boy

3 of my mates are on it.

They were trying to get 3 together and there was nothing available for them, anywhere in the ground.

Was a shambles this season. Email sent out and it went into junk folders, then it was just a free for all. Folk who hadnt even joined waiting list were able to buy them.

Was a shambles this season. Email sent out and it went into junk folders, then it was just a free for all. Folk who hadnt even joined waiting list were able to buy them.
I don't see what Rangers can do about emails going to junk folders.

can you call at that point or is it a race to the ticket office? I’m in bloody Cambridge

I emailed and asked about availability and they said there was nothing and to try again next season. A few weeks later I got an email about 5pm on a Monday evening. Didn’t take the chance and got one right away. Not sure about calling the office, sorry.

Depends who you get at the ticket office in reality some are good some are bad.

What I would say is that appreciate the want for a season ticket but if you're only going to go to a handful of games and using seat sub rest of the time it's what stops people who want to take their kids and get them season tickets.

Annoys me as there is always two seats next to me empty.

Its a model that's need looked at otherwise we will end up in a generation where we don't have kids going to the football it starts because the kids go regularly with parents at the moment Ibrox is a closed shop... Dortmond have started taking people's tickets off then for lack of attendance.

I'm in the horrible position where I like my seat and the people I sit around. But the wee man is 2 now, and would be looking to get him his own ST in the next couple of years.

He's been signed up with a Rangers number but how would it work if I was to put that one on the waiting list? Surely I would need to move my existing ST to a new seat which is technically a transfer and buy his separately? Hoping someone near isn't renewing around me but no guarantee that I would be able to snap it up.

It's a good dilemma in all honesty though, high demand.

Been on the waiting list since August, was previously May but didn't realise when you click on 'Change Request' it cancels the pending application.
It's just for 1 ticket and have input my preferred seats. Fingers crossed the email comes through soon.

What I would say is that appreciate the want for a season ticket but if you're only going to go to a handful of games and using seat sub rest of the time it's what stops people who want to take their kids and get them season tickets.

Its a model that's need looked at otherwise we will end up in a generation where we don't have kids going to the football it starts because the kids go regularly with parents at the moment Ibrox is a closed shop... Dortmond have started taking people's tickets off then for lack of attendance.

if I can’t go my old man will go.

What about people who can’t get to every game?

Honestly needs to be a limit set wither it's 60% etc or something like that

Simple fact is kids if they do not get into habit of going at a young age will not continue going they will do something else longer term its an issue.

Honestly needs to be a limit set wither it's 60% etc or something like that

Simple fact is kids if they do not get into habit of going at a young age will not continue going they will do something else longer term its an issue.
I have a season ticket,I maybe get to 6 to 8 games a season,u saying I should lose my ticket? I always use seat sub or give to friend if I’m not going

I was going to buy a season ticket from someone on Facebook at start of this season and I messaged the ticket office to see if I could do a name change. They advised me not to buy it and they then phoned me offering me a seat in Copland front

It’s the same with me there’s a season ticket holder near me that always misses a lot of games and doesn’t put their seat on Seat Sub. If you’re not going to attend the vast majority of games then you’re preventing other younger fans who want to get one.

I have a season ticket,I maybe get to 6 to 8 games a season,u saying I should lose my ticket? I always use seat sub or give to friend if I’m not going
Simple answer is yes

Club obviously has something in mind with the letter that came in the summer with season ticket around seat sub and terms and conditions especially reiterated that if if someone else is using your ticket it's breaching the terms and conditions, and ticket can be removed from you with no return in money paid.

That would have been to stop people for reprints then selling on which happens but less rarely now as a push for seat sub. So the club knows there's an issue before seat sub with people not attending.

Simple fact is I have two kids I would take to every game but can't because others want to attend a quarter of games. And don't care about the rest.

Now is great we are filling the stadium well I say filling we are seeling out in season tickets, but with a chunk of seats empty most games the design of our stadium makes it less noticeable blue seats blues strips one seat in every 10/20 is only noticed close by.

but in 30 years the kids and there kids will not find going as important as they will have drifted into others things on weekends because they don't get into habit of going every week.

Sometimes thinking longer term about our club is important to.

Simple answer is yes

Club obviously has something in mind with the letter that came in the summer with season ticket around seat sub and terms and conditions especially reiterated that if if someone else is using your ticket it's breaching the terms and conditions, and ticket can be removed from you with no return in money paid.

That would have been to stop people for reprints then selling on which happens but less rarely now as a push for seat sub. So the club knows there's an issue before seat sub with people not attending.

Simple fact is I have two kids I would take to every game but can't because others want to attend a quarter of games. And don't care about the rest.

Now is great we are filling the stadium well I say filling we are seeling out in season tickets, but with a chunk of seats empty most games the design of our stadium makes it less noticeable blue seats blues strips one seat in every 10/20 is only noticed close by.

but in 30 years the kids and there kids will not find going as important as they will have drifted into others things on weekends because they don't get into habit of going every week.

Sorry don't agree.

Judging by the user name of the poster you're replying to, it would seem he comes from N.Ireland.

It's clearly more of a challenge for supporters like him, or many others who travel from distance, to attend every game, particularly when many kick off times are not Saturday 3pm.

Plenty of supporters from far away shores took out season tickets when we were in the bottom division to ensure our club was funded.

He's already said his seat is used most weeks.

I agree though that if the seat isn't being used by a friend, or isn't being put on secondary ticketing then it's an issue.

We are now selling more season tickets than during 9 in a row and the Advocaat era, so it doesn't seem like interest from the younger generation is drying up anytime soon.

I know in our supporters club the amount of new, younger members who've joined has gone through the roof and they are looking to attend home and away every week.

I hope that you're able to secure 3 tickets together so you can take your sons.

The fact that you are a current ST holder gives you a head start, particularly if you were happy to relocate to another part of the ground, like the Family Stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the horrible position where I like my seat and the people I sit around. But the wee man is 2 now, and would be looking to get him his own ST in the next couple of years.

He's been signed up with a Rangers number but how would it work if I was to put that one on the waiting list? Surely I would need to move my existing ST to a new seat which is technically a transfer and buy his separately? Hoping someone near isn't renewing around me but no guarantee that I would be able to snap it up.

It's a good dilemma in all honesty though, high demand.
This is the same scenario as myself. Had my ST for years, love my seat and get on with everyone around me but the wean is now desperate for one but wouldn’t sit herself. I’ve put myself on the waiting list again for 2 seats together but my worry is, when the time comes, will I loose my CSCS luck with Semis and Finals if we do get 2 seats together.

If you’re looking for a single seat and are willing to sit anywhere in the stadium you’ll get one sharpish.

If you start looking for 2/3 together in the Copland Front then you could be waiting for years.

Sorry don't agree.

Judging by the user name of the poster you're replying to, it would seem he comes from N.Ireland.

It's clearly more of a challenge for supporters like him, or many others who travel from distance, to attend every game, particularly when many kick off times are not Saturday 3pm.

Plenty of supporters from far away shores took out season tickets when we were in the bottom division to ensure our club was funded.

He's already said his seat is used most weeks.

I agree though that if the seat isn't being used by a friend, or isn't being put on secondary ticketing then it's an issue.

We are now selling more season tickets than during 9 in a row and the Advocaat era, so it doesn't seem like interest from the younger generation is drying up anytime soon.

I know in our supporters club the amount of new, younger members who've joined has gone through the roof and they are looking to attend home and away every week.

I hope that you're able to secure 3 tickets together so you can take your sons.

The fact that you are a current ST holder gives you a head start, particularly if you were happy to relocate to another part of the ground, like the Family Stand.

Yea i get that and your explanation is prob most reasoned I've heard.

My annoyance isn't prob so much with this poster but more the ones that just have seats for top 4-5 games a year where I sit there's numerous seats only filled celtic games.

Even then around me I could prob count 10-15 seats that are empty even in those games.

Ticket office don't help they just give a standard response of we are at capacity even when you can buy singles online.

Season tickets in a way are a bad thing

On the list a year and just bought one off a random this season. Hope the guy doesn't want it back and I can just take over it.

Yea i get that and your explanation is prob most reasoned I've heard.

My annoyance isn't prob so much with this poster but more the ones that just have seats for top 4-5 games a year where I sit there's numerous seats only filled celtic games.

Even then around me I could prob count 10-15 seats that are empty even in those games.

Ticket office don't help they just give a standard response of we are at capacity even when you can buy singles online.

Season tickets in a way are a bad thing

I understand your frustration mate, particularly when you can't take your kids, but season tickets are crucial to all football teams, as it creates a massive amount of advanced revenue.

Single seat is straightforward, getting more together has been really hard in a decent position. I’ve been trying for two years. Bar72 is impossible.

Simple answer is yes

Whilst I understand you want to take your kids,I bought my ticket when we were in the depths as a way of showing some sort of financial support to the club,at that time there was no mad stampede for tickets.this isn’t a dig at you by the way but there’s now a lot of people crying looking tickets now that the good times are back on the horizon.for what it’s worth I think seatsub is a really great idea and is ideal for someone like me who can’t get every week

Simple answer is yes

Sorry but I totally disagree!
Almost thirty years ago a mate of mine decided he was chucking his seat beside me in the main stand and I offered to take it off him for Cutlass Jnr who was 2 years old at the time as an investment in my ability to sit together in great seats for years to come.
His ticket was always used by mates and family up until he was old enough to come to the games himself.
In the last few years he's been living abroad but I've kept his ticket going and again family and friends have had the benefit of using it and I myself had an accident that has required four surgeries to date with more to follow so I've missed a lot of games also but again, friends and family have used my ticket.
Are you really suggesting that due to the "terms and conditions" of my ST ownership that I should be stripped of my tickets?

I have a season ticket for me and my boy. I am currently on a part time wage, should be on a full time wage by next season. Each game cost me around £200 -£250 depending on kick off time. I currently get to 6-8 games a season. Will be looking to increase this significantly once my wage increases. I bought my ticket when we where struggling, at a time when you could literally have your pick of the best seats. No big demand. My seats are always on secondary ticketing/seat sub and always resold. By some peoples reasoning I should give up me and my boys seats, for them and their boys, simply because their trip to Ibrox probably only involves jumping into the car or jumping on a bus. Believe me if I was local, me and my boy would never miss a game. Long post I know, but my point is, its not as simple as "Me and my boys can get to more games, so we deserve season tickets over other less fortunate bears". That's unfair to the bears that spend hundreds, if not thousands following our club.

Back