Season tickets not launching on Monday

I think this is a good move.

If it is announced on Monday that no date has been set for renewals being sent out AND that the players have taken reductions in salary, therefore the club cannot expect fans to pay out at this time, then it would be a good move.

I'm not in a panic over it or worry that the obsessed mentally challengeds are right, but I do think we need to tell the fans how we plan to get through the financial meltdown this crisis is causing.

I'm absolutely convinced the club are wary of releasing any sort of information on the situation simply because of the rabid hysteria that will meet it from Tims and media alike.

We all know what's coming as soon as we mention a pay cut or furloughed staff. The fallout will be off the charts.

I'm absolutely convinced the club are wary of releasing any sort of information on the situation simply because of the rabid hysteria that will meet it from Tims and media alike.

We all know what's coming as soon as we mention a pay cut or furloughed staff. The fallout will be off the charts.

I get that, but informing our support is more important than how people who hate us will react.

the reality is that its a fact of life for many

The fact we have not as far as I know put any staff on furlough looks strange, an explanation for that would be good

I get that, but informing our support is more important than how people who hate us will react.

The fact we have not as far as I know put any staff on furlough looks strange, an explanation for that would be good

Agreed. I'd rather they were just honest with us and got it out in the open. All silence does is allow wankers like Sutton the time and space to pollute social media with his drivel from the other day and before you know it the media have it down as gospel.

I think it doesn’t look strange. Just financially we’ve borrowed from the board til the season end earlier in season so that’s still there.

Perhaps before but that's past after the poets dropped their trousers first.

which is frankly stupid if so.

The government are offering free money and we should be taking it

The separate entity have a significant cash balance yet they are doing it.

Everyone is doing it.

And so should we.
It's not free money, it is money to stop companies going bust and people losing their jobs, any football club who uses it shouldn't be allowed to buy players until it is payed back

I’m not too sure that much will change in the next month to be honest - other than folk be just that little bit more skint. We might have got a steer on the way ahead next season but UEFAs letter seems to have put paid to that. I still think we will have to proceed with this sooner rather than later, in order to get some cash, at least, into the coffers. Dhims and Hibs already on sale to name but two.

It's not free money, it is money to stop companies going bust and people losing their jobs, any football club who uses it shouldn't be allowed to buy players until it is payed back
which is a great moral stance

However its not the legal criteria.

My company will not go bust but we have over 100 on this.

It will help us gratnted

We are living off borrowings and should be taking this money.

The job retention scheme is not means tested.

If a business has no work for someone to do then they should use it. If they have work for people to do them then should pay them, as the scheme is not appropriate.

If every business waited until they had no cash left before using it then the economy would be in carnage.

Should companies not be allowed to buy new equipment or machinery also until money is paid back?

No apparently they should spend all of their available money, then go onto the scheme.

The Government put it in place in order to encourage social distancing, whilst at the same time stopping the entire economy failing with companies having to pay wages to people who were not actually working for them.

People have however decided that companies failing and millions losing their jobs permanently is a "fairer" way to do it.

Like your train of thought well done..,People are forgetting it's not the governments money its the tax payers ,lam for helping but business should have to pay back,100000 wage but sorry can't afford to pay you.

Everyone is doing it.

And so should we.
As a company they have a duty to share holders to do what’s best for the company , ethics , principles etc are of no consequence

Everyone is doing it.

And so should we.

No the government are offering money to stop people being paid off..

If it saves someone's job, that's the only way we should take it.

We have a large number of people at home not working.
This is to keep themselves and the wider public safe.

This is a Government directive and to compensate they will contribute to the wage/salary of the individual

mad stupid mental not to take it

We have a large number of people at home not working.
This is to keep themselves and the wider public safe.

This is a Government directive and to compensate they will contribute to the wage/salary of the individual

mad stupid mental not to take it

You are right, it's what the scheme is for, and it is not the intention for businesses to be on the brink before they use it.

The conditions are that you do not have work for the employee to do (including working from home), and that you do not get them to do anything work related whilst on furlough.

It is to save lives, businesses and jobs.

As a company they have a duty to share holders to do what’s best for the company , ethics , principles etc are of no consequence

Try telling that to the previous Rangers board Green and the crooks were in charge and giving contracts favourable to Ashley and NOT to the company and shareholders that they were duty bound to do. How that can be legal I don't know!:mad:

W.A.T.P.

Despite all the assurances from government and employers you can be sure once all this nightmare is over someone will have to pay for it. Whether it’s tax rises or cutbacks or firms going under it has to happen. Few folk will know exactly how their circumstances will be in a few months time. Paying for a season ticket might not be the top priority

Despite all the assurances from government and employers you can be sure once all this nightmare is over someone will have to pay for it. Whether it’s tax rises or cutbacks or firms going under it has to happen. Few folk will know exactly how their circumstances will be in a few months time. Paying for a season ticket might not be the top priority

Exactly this. This is a game changer.

I’m not too sure that much will change in the next month to be honest - other than folk be just that little bit more skint. We might have got a steer on the way ahead next season but UEFAs letter seems to have put paid to that. I still think we will have to proceed with this sooner rather than later, in order to get some cash, at least, into the coffers. Dhims and Hibs already on sale to name but two.
read the hivs thread that theirs is on sale later than usual was the quote.
individuals are taking deferred payments to be paid in full.
someone help me out here,
how are clubs going to payback these wages?
where is the money coming from?
all the missed weeks will never be gained back.
IF the present league resumes to a finish after another break for a mini pre season, probably 3 games a week, the new season will start immediately with maybe one or both cups being stopped to allow the league to finish as normal.

if I was in charge my formula will already have been calculated based on a restart for each month up to and including October.

read the hivs thread that theirs is on sale later than usual was the quote.
individuals are taking deferred payments to be paid in full.
someone help me out here,
how are clubs going to payback these wages?
where is the money coming from?
all the missed weeks will never be gained back.
IF the present league resumes to a finish after another break for a mini pre season, probably 3 games a week, the new season will start immediately with maybe one or both cups being stopped to allow the league to finish as normal.

if I was in charge my formula will already have been calculated based on a restart for each month up to and including October.
We are basing on no games at Ibrox until October

There's nothing the matter with putting the renewals out on Monday as per the norm in my opinion. As long as the cut off date is extended and there's a caveat that if the season doesn't go ahead then money will be refunded then clubs and businesses must try and trade as normal as possible.

The notion that the whole world should be put on hold is more damaging than the virus ever will be.

Next season's season ticket is in my order history dated 31st May 2021, no price on it yet.

Back