Season tickets

How much, how many games, when will the season start? :rolleyes:

Not such a dig at the club btw.... moreso a dig at the SPFL!

How can fans be expected to dig deal when there’s so many unknowns?

How can SPFL answer those points, given nobody knows when this ends!

Season ticket money is such a huge part of our budgeting and financial planning. I presume if they can sell session tickets it will prevent other cost cutting measures. As I've said on a similar thread I feel for punters who have uncertainty over their jobs.

can't really dig out SPFL either on this occasion

So the SPFL can’t scrap this season now and start preparing for next season?

By doing the above, the SPFL can’t then confirm that we’ll be playing 38 league games next season? Even if it means new season not starting until Oct.
(cups being secondary and collateral damage if required.... not incl in ST anyway)

Your giving the SPFL to much credit mate.

EXACTLY, some of us are now on 80% or less wages with the current situation.
With two season tickets that currently have 5 games paid for on each that will probably never happen this is ridiculous tbh

Don't know if going to manage renewing season cards,got paid off on Friday,don't know when will be back at work,does anyone know when the new payments will start.

can't really dig out SPFL either on this occasion

Because it’s 99.9% certain there won’t be a ball kicked now the rest of this season, June at the very very earliest and even that’s being optimistic.

They have to have the balls now to scrap this season null and void and start from scratch now in August

Season ticket money is such a huge part of our budgeting and financial planning. I presume if they can sell session tickets it will prevent other cost cutting measures. As I've said on a similar thread I feel for punters who have uncertainty over their jobs.

The problem is the club should be cost cutting, for example players taking a wage cut.

Why should fans pay for season tickets so the club can continue to pay players 15k + a week and more whilst the fans struggle.

Also if there is no cost cutting at the club exactly how long will next seasons, season ticket money last ?

What are we paying for?
we need more clarification on what the league set up next year is.
there will be a few of us wondering if we can afford it now, hard times ahead.

The problem is the club should be cost cutting, for example players taking a wage cut.

Why should fans pay for season tickets so the club can continue to pay players 15k + a week and more whilst the fans struggle.

Also if there is no cost cutting at the club exactly how long will next seasons, season ticket money last ?
I think they'll be looking into it mate. I mentioned in the other thread about the Septic cost cutting that I was surprised that there's nothing coming out of Ibrox in relation to this. My point in this thread was that perhaps the season ticket money will prevent us from taking drastic action.

I think they'll be looking into it mate. I mentioned in the other thread about the Septic cost cutting that I was surprised that there's nothing coming out of Ibrox in relation to this. My point in this thread was that perhaps the season ticket money will prevent us from taking drastic action.

I get what you are saying but what do you regard as drastic action ?

Spot on. Frankly, it’s ridiculous to ask fans, many of whom have been laid off or furloughed on reduced wages, to pay for season tickets at the beginning of April for a season which may or may not start in August. Football players should not be immune to the current crisis and I will seriously consider not renewing until the Club announces that the first team squad and management staff have agreed to a significant pay cut.

I'm surprised that we have decided to put season tickets on sale with so much uncertainty. I can understand that club requiring money but can't see a great uptake. Hope I am proved incorrect.

J
Spot on. Frankly, it’s ridiculous to ask fans, many of whom have been laid off or furloughed on reduced wages, to pay for season tickets at the beginning of April for a season which may or may not start in August. Football players should not be immune to the current crisis and I will seriously consider not renewing until the Club announces that the first team squad and management staff have agreed to a significant pay cut.
PS And to ask fans to also fork out for a membership scheme while the world is in crisis would be unbelievably insensitive and show a complete disregard for the significant problems currently being faced by thousands of fans. Hopefully, Greg Marshall reads all of these comments and feeds them back to the Club before untold damage is done.

They will sell more if players take a massive wage cut the next 3 months.
Disgusting it’s not even being discussed.

I agree with you, I will not renew until I see the club putting in cost cutting measures.

Totally agree.

Season tickets should not be getting flogged to fans until the players and management have taken significant cuts themselves. Many fans won’t know if they’ll even have jobs by the time next season is supposed to start, so it would be a cheek to come to us first of all.

Reckon it’s bullshit
This is round the time sales normally open but notification is usually longer that it’s occurring and membership will be hit in the head for ano season anyway

This will piss people off.

The club needs funds but what sort of season are they selling?

I fear many might not renew unless it's the fucking ridiculous auto renew that should be scrapped in these circumstances

I think drastic action is exactly what is needed. Fans should not be asked to pony up for next season before we have gotten value for this season. Players(as far as we know) are on full pay of between £10k to £25 k a week while not working, and supporters are being asked to pay for some future season which may or even not take place.
We deserve better.

Cost cutting measures should be implemented immediately or the season ticket money will disappear with nothing to show for it.

I am thinking of not renewing my season ticket , and seeing if I can get one in the govan front on a potential public sale

Because it’s 99.9% certain there won’t be a ball kicked now the rest of this season, June at the very very earliest and even that’s being optimistic.

They have to have the balls now to scrap this season null and void and start from scratch now in August

And Dundee Utd will take them to court.

No problem with this on the proviso that there is no deadline attached. It means that fans who are financially comfortable and are confident of remaining so can put some much needed money into the clubs coffers if they wish whilst those in a not so fortunate position can hang back and see how this plays out without the worry of losing their seat.

In the grand scheme of things the world still turns and Rangers need to balance the books.

If every other club is doing it then it's better we don't leave ourself at a disadvantage i feel sorry for those who can't pay however I hope the club are able to give you some helpful options to pay it in more installments

What is this "drastic action" the club might have to take?
To ask the millionaire footballers to maybe consider a pay cut, think of others who are putting their lives on the line or maybe lost their livelihood or had a drastic cut in income.

Last edited:
its the right thing to do, glad to hear about the membership scheme also.
I agree. There is so much uncertainty about every aspect of the game at the moment, except that the clubs are in or will be in financial trouble. My season ticket will be purchased on Monday and hope that as many fans who can, do the same

I get what you are saying but what do you regard as drastic action ?
Cutting staff wages, I get th
What is this "drastic action" the club might have to take?
To ask the millionaire footballers to maybe consider a pay cut, think of others who are putting their lives on the line or maybe lost their livelihood or had a drastic cut in income.
Redundancies. That's my point that you've seemed to have misunderstood. The players could take a cut without any major issues, I'm thinking about non-playing staff, how would they cope with a 50% reduction in their wages? Or worse still losing staff that are not deemed essential, the players will be protected by their contracts.

Back