Seat Geek Partnership

Anyone used Seat Geek?

Wouldn’t imagine it has to do too much to beat our current platform.

Found out a little bit about them last night - they do a lot of ticketing for teams in various American sports, so can't be all bad, but have their issues. The Barclays Center moved to them then announced they were going back to Ticketmaster after only a year of a seven year deal. The suggestion is that the partnership between Live Nation and TM was resulting in fewer tours going there in retaliation, which is obviously denied.

Ticketmaster aren't perfect in this area, so it does seem that in general there'll be potential for issues no matter who we use.

Will be a bit of a pain having to learn how the new system works initially, but should allow for more different functions than the current system.

May also reduce the number of emails needing sent as more tasks can be dealt with by supporters directly.

I used them for NFL tickets when oved there, pretty straightforward tbh. Hopefully we can use them in the same manner and not make a mess of what should be a simple enough process

As we're using them already I expect it should be a smooth transition within the current website, hopefully a big improvement on the current setup and maybe a few extra options like online season ticket single match upgrades from Child/Concession to Adult.... one can hope :D

As we're using them already I expect it should be a smooth transition within the current website, hopefully a big improvement on the current setup and maybe a few extra options like online season ticket single match upgrades from Child/Concession to Adult.... one can hope :D
If we are already using then today must the biggest issue to date given the issues around buying a SC Semi-final ticket

Been testing a few Premier League clubs who use SeatGeek, Wolves and Aston Villa, website seems great to be honest.

Can't add tickets to your basket unless you meet the criteria as well, and it also shows what your view will look like. Should be a good upgrade if all goes well.

If we are already using then today must the biggest issue to date given the issues around buying a SC Semi-final ticket
I meant within the Hospitality part of the website, still on the old ticket site provider for today's sale unfortunately.

Some of the team that use them Manchester City, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United Newcastle United Stoke City, Bristol City, Middlesbrough, Watford, Aberdeen
Buying tickets off Man City website is very easy offers view of area you want to buy etc

Anyone used Seat Geek?

Wouldn’t imagine it has to do too much to beat our current platform.
Used it regularly for buying tickets to stadiums in the US, and a number of MLS clubs are partnering with them to manage ticket sales. Always a smooth buying process and I've both sent and received tickets when i or somebody else couldn't use the ticket, with no problems. The one drawback in the US at least is Seatgeek and other major players embracing the trend towards "dynamic" pricing, where prices change in relation to demand, leading to some scandalously jacked up prices when tickets are first released. Hopefully that doesn't become a factor at Ibrox as the demand from our fans would be ripe for taking advantage of.

Hope this now means season tickets can be on your phone the same as Apple Pay etc
Would likely not happen as that could cause issues with people taking pictures of the code and it getting passed on multiple times. Unless they use the method of generating a new QR code each time but could you imagine the queues waiting on everyone working that out as well :D

Back