Sectarianism at Rangers or Celtic affects us all and beating it requires equal approach - James Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, this is what it should be, each treated the same way.

Won't hold my breath on this ever happening though.

Posted on the thread about the lack of ex players defending us and our club.
Bears.

Wake up. When at Ibrox and away.

1. Never mention the Pope.

2. Never mention Jobby Sands.

3. Never sing that Tiffany song.

4. Stop singing Lisbon lions 10 in a row song - it's a catastrophicly bad song celebrating the mhankies tainted titles and their biggest one. Why do we fucking sing that shit?

We need a fans group and anyone else with an influence to all be saying the same thing.

The “but they sing about the IRA." will not protect our club -for as long as one Rangers fan is heard singing FTP etc, then we’ll all be targets and legitimately so.

So The Rangers SAS could be the fans group that Rangers support are in dire need off, the support as a whole should always be defended. But we already have seen the narrative being skewed for over 2 decades now - whenever one of us is lifted, ejected, recorded or even accused we are all tarred.

We all need to take individual responsibility for our own, and our club’s reputation.

What we can do differently is leave all of the above to the 'buses and sash bash's' and OUT OF Ibrox.

Good grief the SJF were singing 'The Flute Song' to the Wigan support when they visited Ibrox. My heart del that day when it emerged. If ever a song needed expunged from Ibrox then that's one.

Strict liability is coming. We are wide open to attack now - just imagine how our Club will suffer when they're held entirely accountable for those amongst our wonderful support that simply 'don't give a fúck'?

We need as stated above to circulate that message - soon I fear it will be too late.

Posted before that I genuinely do think there is a certain amount of 'innocence' amongst the younger 'ultras'. But choosing to sing anything but the proper Rangers words to 'Follow Follow' they will inadvertantly, but definitely, get our Club punished one day. This is the message we need to take to the UB's and the Blue Order.

If the whole support was unified in this matter we could get the message across to our singing sections - that would be a start.

Nothing against any of our other battle hymns - aside from the one that has regrettably been denied us for well over a decade now. :( But that may change as well perhaps maybe possibly.

We need to box clever.... and right now we are amidst a flurry of southpaw jabs flailing wildly at everyone.

Concentrate on one target. Well researched to meticulously highlight their biased nature

If need be drag them through the courts to defend their names.

Do not relent until the target is obliterated (as far as their career is concerned).

One example of a high profile political party, ruin them and watch them all start to run for cover and be more considered in the way they report on our Club. For years that's all we have ever wanted.

Parity.

Fantastic post @George Goudie well put together, agree with it totally.

Now the difficult part, convincing those in our support who think it is okay to sing about jobby, ftp, flute song. These songs do not have a place in our song book, every time they are sung, we create a chance for an attack from our many detractors and enemies, whether that is media, political or football people.

Referees have been the centre of attention over the past few months as everybody thinks there's an agenda for or against somebody else.

But the last week has seen Scottish football dragged back in time with sectarianism rearing its ugly head after incidents involving Kris Boyd and Steve Clarke .

Both were victims of sectarian chanting aimed at them based on their affiliation (real or otherwise) with one half of the Old Firm.

However, only one seemed to cause widespread offence and spur the Scottish FA into some sort of action.

READ MORE: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...anism-rangers-celtic-affects-beating-14037661

I’ve given them the click for the first time in years. Great article. Well done.

a good article that should be reprinted every fucking week to highlight the one sided narrative being used day in day out by one section of society, namely, dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastards!

I grew up in the sixties and was once told by "friends" of mine that they had been told by their parents not to play with me because I wasn't catholic. I was too young to understand that this was sectarianism (had never heard the term before) and didn't let it bother me. My parents never ever stopped me from playing with any kids, no matter what religion and yet nowadays I am tarred as a bigot because I choose to support Rangers. Sectarianism cuts both ways and always has done. However, it is my belief that anti semitism is a much bigger problem, but the usual suspects tell us different.

I used to play with a guy when we were around 4 years old. When we all went to school for the first time my pal 'Joe' and I walked about a mile and Joe's mum stopped to get on a bus, and we carried on. I asked my mum why Joe was not coming with us and she replied that 'Joe is a Catholic'. Whats a Catholic mum? Oh they believe in different things!.............
I don't ever remember Joe playing with me and the others from that day on, and it wasn't because I was told not to!

Spot on but Boyd and many with a Rangers allegiance / connection don’t want to play the victim, we seen that when KB said it was water off a duck’s back and I have no doubt he was being honest when he said that. We all know this sectarianism shite is all about smearing us, it’s a strategy used by genuine bigots who are masters of the game they created. We’ll still be yawning at this crap for years to come and not one f@ck or any more ground will be given as long as we have vermin in positions of power and influence who hate us and everything we stand for.

If Dave King was right to issue an apology to Clarke then what does that tell you about the silence from Liewell and Co?

The bottom line is the filth have no interest in apologising for the behaviour of their support.
We know this and its as if they dont think it matters or bigotry against us doesnt count somehow. That's the warped or is it arrogant mindset of timmy.

Perhaps they know they can get away with anything as the media, polis and fiscals office seem to not care what they do or ahem.
.. lose evidence.

Bears.

4. Stop singing Lisbon lions 10 in a row song - it's a catastrophicly bad song celebrating the mhankies tainted titles and their biggest one. Why do we fucking sing that shit?

We need a fans group and anyone else with an influence to all be saying the same thing.

The “but they sing about the IRA." will not protect our club -for as long as one Rangers fan is heard singing FTP etc, then we’ll all be targets and legitimately so.

So The Rangers SAS could be the fans group that Rangers support are in dire need off, the support as a whole should always be defended. But we already have seen the narrative being skewed for over 2 decades now - whenever one of us is lifted, ejected, recorded or even accused we are all tarred.

We all need to take individual responsibility for our own, and our club’s reputation.

What we can do differently is leave all of the above to the 'buses and sash bash's' and OUT OF Ibrox.

Good grief the SJF were singing 'The Flute Song' to the Wigan support when they visited Ibrox. My heart del that day when it emerged. If ever a song needed expunged from Ibrox then that's one.

Strict liability is coming. We are wide open to attack now - just imagine how our Club will suffer when they're held entirely accountable for those amongst our wonderful support that simply 'don't give a fúck'?

We need as stated above to circulate that message - soon I fear it will be too late.

Posted before that I genuinely do think there is a certain amount of 'innocence' amongst the younger 'ultras'. But choosing to sing anything but the proper Rangers words to 'Follow Follow' they will inadvertantly, but definitely, get our Club punished one day. This is the message we need to take to the UB's and the Blue Order.

If the whole support was unified in this matter we could get the message across to our singing sections - that would be a start.

Nothing against any of our other battle hymns - aside from the one that has regrettably been denied us for well over a decade now. :( But that may change as well perhaps maybe possibly.

We need to box clever.... and right now we are amidst a flurry of southpaw jabs flailing wildly at everyone.

Concentrate on one target. Well researched to meticulously highlight their biased nature

Do not relent until the target is obliterated (as far as their career is concerned).

One example of a high profile political party, ruin them and watch them all start to run for cover and be more considered in the way they report on our Club. For years that's all we have ever wanted.

Parity.
Parity George so simple and a well written post mate!

The last sentence spoiled what was shaping up to be a good article. The bullseye was in reach and he baled out. Journos are simply scared stiff of telling the truth that must be told. Implying where the problem lies but not exposing it warts and all only pays lip service to the issue. Even with bloggers like this, it looks as though an editor has come along and erased another couple of paragraphs as if to say "Whoah, thats far enough!"

We are left hoping someone else will come along and finish the job, but they never do.

The last sentence spoiled what was shaping up to be a good article. The bullseye was in reach and he baled out. Journos are simply scared stiff of telling the truth that must be told. Implying where the problem lies but not exposing it warts and all only pays lip service to the issue. Even with bloggers like this, it looks as though an editor has come along and erased another couple of paragraphs as if to say "Whoah, thats far enough!"

We are left hoping someone else will come along and finish the job, but they never do.

What truth have I been scared of telling?

I used to play with a guy when we were around 4 years old. When we all went to school for the first time my pal 'Joe' and I walked about a mile and Joe's mum stopped to get on a bus, and we carried on. I asked my mum why Joe was not coming with us and she replied that 'Joe is a Catholic'. Whats a Catholic mum? Oh they believe in different things!.............
I don't ever remember Joe playing with me and the others from that day on, and it wasn't because I was told not to!
You've some memory.

I grew up in the sixties and was once told by "friends" of mine that they had been told by their parents not to play with me because I wasn't catholic. I was too young to understand that this was sectarianism (had never heard the term before) and didn't let it bother me. My parents never ever stopped me from playing with any kids, no matter what religion and yet nowadays I am tarred as a bigot because I choose to support Rangers. Sectarianism cuts both ways and always has done. However, it is my belief that anti semitism is a much bigger problem, but the usual suspects tell us different.
Good post rosbear , I like you was a child of the sixties but it still goes on .last Christmas I was sitting in the house and my grandson came in crying his eyes out .
Our neighbors who are very much Catholic but put over the impression that they are very fair minded when it comes to religion .
Anyway asked my grandson why he was crying he said Liam next door their grandson who is the same age 3 as mine had told him that santa won't be coming to him because protestants don't believe in Jesus .
Liam was at the back door and I asked him who told him that .He said granny and grandad .
This is 2018 and it shows how these mentally challengeds think today saying that to so called educate there grandson.
Tied to the chapel rails

When listening or reading about Rangers supporters and sectarianism its like Brexit Leave voters. 17.4 million of us but a hundred different reasons for voting leave.
I've met some total zoomers in our support who are nothing but bigots and scum. But you find them in all walks of life and at Ibrox they are a tiny minority.
I personally have nothing whatsoever against anyone because of their colour, creed, religion, or sexual orientation.
I do however have a value system and moral compass that is broadly aligned to many others who follow Rangers.

1) I admire, respect and support our armed forces.
2) I am a supporter of the Union and the entity that is GB&NI
3) I have a distaste of religion involving itself in affairs of state.
4) I don't trust the Catholic Church (as opposed to Catholics who to me are just people daft enough to follow an evil cult).
5) I abhor any organisation or group that wants to challenge my values, e.g. 19th Century Terrorists, IRA, ISIS,

So in my book, its ok to sing no Pope of Rome (cos I don't want to live in a Catholic state). Its ok to sing folk songs about the past and the battles fought to deliver our "freedom".

To me its a step too far to abuse the Pope as an individual. I personally have no problem with people who oppose the monarchy, I am offended by those who abuse our Queen.

As to those who say it has no place at football, I have some sympathy, but I do believe that if there wasn't a club across the city celebrating the IRA, abusing our soldiers and generally being Khunts there would be less of it.

I would love to sing more songs about our players (or theirs) and I'd love to take back the Hun word, (they were always the Huns).

Finally, lets recognise that the hunk world we live in today that means our PM yesterday acknowledged Ramadan but neglected to acknowledge VE Day, says it all really.

I stand with soldier F (18th May)

Last edited:
Me and my wee pal Joe. Feel a wee song coming on.

Bears.

Parity.
I agree with all that George until “If need be drag them through the courts to defend their names “ bit because when the cases come to court the files will be lost ;) .

Attitudes like this is why we will never win.

The filth use the media to their advantage.

We despise and boycott it and end up having our say on forums like FF among like minded people. What does that achieve, very very little.
I've never understood it. We complain like %^*& that the papers are all anti-Rangers then when there's pro-Rangers stuff, we've not to read that either. The idea that papers are then going to change course to appease an audience that doesn't read them is mental.

The media love sectarianism. Don't let them kid you on that they are some sort of moral guardian. They lap it up when attacks and whatever else happen. They have created an industry out of exaggerating the problem within football.

The media love sectarianism. Don't let them kid you on that they are some sort of moral guardian. They lap it up when attacks and whatever else happen. They have created an industry out of exaggerating the problem within football.

I'm not attempting to be some sort of moral guardian, nor do I 'love sectarianism'.

I'm not attempting to be some sort of moral guardian, nor do I 'love sectarianism'.

Was it yourself that wrote the article? I've not read it I must admit. I'm just sick of the whole sectarianism talk in the mainstream media. They do nothing but fuel it then sit back and watch it unfold delighted that their pages are filled.

I've never understood it. We complain like %^*& that the papers are all anti-Rangers then when there's pro-Rangers stuff, we've not to read that either. The idea that papers are then going to change course to appease an audience that doesn't read them is mental.

It needs to change.

If we are going to reset the narrative that is going out there then we need to start engaging with the media.

This ”starving them of oxygen” line is a load of pish that folk use as a comfort to the fact they don’t have a fxxking clue how to fight back – I include myself in that by the way.

The filth started working with the media and moved into influential positions and now they appear to have control. Title 55 will see that apparent control disappear overnight.

Was it yourself that wrote the article? I've not read it I must admit. I'm just sick of the whole sectarianism talk in the mainstream media. They do nothing but fuel it then sit back and watch it unfold delighted that their pages are filled.
It was. I largely agree tbh. Lots of them do love it as it gives them the 'controversy' they think people are interested it.

It's called deflection. If they are talking about this, we are also taking the shit, and nobody is talking about celtics child abuse scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back