Sevilla work problem, help!!

That's probably the most exclamation marks I've ever saw in one post :))
Oh the !! Yeah that's my thing/bad habit. When I have to write academic papers etc oh it's so hard to do it without my natural tendency to use !! :rolleyes:

Really want to hear this different ring tone now
Phone someone abroad!! It is different and is a thing!! Although my brother phoned a family member earlier who are in Tenerife and have Vodafone and there was no.difference but calling her partner on EE it was different!! He is with O2 and is going to the phone shop tomorrow to enquire!!

Can he not just be an adult and tell his boss he's needing a couple of days off ffs? :))

My wee brother is taking time off work to go, think he is throwing a sickie in, they are already booked up. He is worried about his boss phoning him whilst he is away as it will show/give away that he is abroad. I told him to put his sim in an old phone and leave it at home, just use a new sim abroad whilst having his phone and all that's on it with him. Even suggested having the calls diverted from the phone in UK to the new number bit he doesn't seem to think this will work!! Anybody know if it will? Or have a solution to
But why?

If you phone in sick then they've no right to call you.

You're off and that's it.
Meanwhile in the real world…

My wee brother is taking time off work to go, think he is throwing a sickie in, they are already booked up. He is worried about his boss phoning him whilst he is away as it will show/give away that he is abroad. I told him to put his sim in an old phone and leave it at home, just use a new sim abroad whilst having his phone and all that's on it with him. Even suggested having the calls diverted from the phone in UK to the new number bit he doesn't seem to think this will work!! Anybody know if it will? Or have a solution to this?

He might get caught , he might not. If he does get caught he might lose his job, but then again he might not. It's not possible to not worry completey - unless he can afford to lose his job and find a similar job fairly quickly, he's got nothing to lose.

My wee brother is taking time off work to go, think he is throwing a sickie in, they are already booked up. He is worried about his boss phoning him whilst he is away as it will show/give away that he is abroad. I told him to put his sim in an old phone and leave it at home, just use a new sim abroad whilst having his phone and all that's on it with him. Even suggested having the calls diverted from the phone in UK to the new number bit he doesn't seem to think this will work!! Anybody know if it will? Or have a solution to this?
I assume he has a cover up plan for his suntan?

But why?

If you phone in sick then they've no right to call you.

You're off and that's it.
I guess it depends on the company size and industry, but in my experience, companies need to ensure they offer as much support to someone sick as possible, and also ensure they're getting relevant treatment or care.

If the employee ripped the cùnt out of sickness absence, was dismissed, and it went to a tribunal, one of the first questions asked would be what support they received from the company. If they said "none, they didn't even phone me", it wouldn't reflect well on the company on those scenarios.

Of course, smaller companies might just tell the person to fùck off and not return, but I can only comment on my own experience dealing with this.

Want me to write him a note?

I guess it depends on the company size and industry, but in my experience, companies need to ensure they offer as much support to someone sick as possible, and also ensure they're getting relevant treatment or care.

If the employee ripped the cùnt out of sickness absence, was dismissed, and it went to a tribunal, one of the first questions asked would be what support they received from the company. If they said "none, they didn't even phone me", it wouldn't reflect well on the company on those scenarios.

Of course, smaller companies might just tell the person to fùck off and not return, but I can only comment on my own experience dealing with this.

Come on. If you phone your work say you're not feeling well and won't be in, they aren't going to start calling you randomly.

Maybe if you're off for weeks/months not a few days.

I think honesty is the best policy here. It totally depends on the relationships but I have been very upfront about these things in the past in different jobs and never suffered as a consequence.
Correct. I had thought we were better than them before reading the replies here

Come on. If you phone your work say you're not feeling well and won't be in, they aren't going to start calling you randomly.

Maybe if you're off for weeks/months not a few days.
Clearly our experiences differ, which is cool, but every couple of days for short term sick isn't uncommon. It's when it goes long term that the calls become less frequent.

Try to find someone who can give him a positive LFT covid test from someone a couple of days before.
Then switch the phone off!

Come clean and tell him the truth , you had to go away on a secret mission with MI5 and you can't disclose anything .

The dial tone his boss will get will sound different hence he will know he's abroad.
Proves nothing.
Maybe he lent his phone to his brother…

I wouldn’t worry. The boss shouldn’t be phoning if he’s already been notified of the sickness.

I take it the boss kicks with his left?

Proves nothing.
Maybe he lent his phone to his brother…

I wouldn’t worry. The boss shouldn’t be phoning if he’s already been notified of the sickness.

I take it the boss kicks with his left?
Think he is a straight shooter from good stock tbh all I know is he is stressed about it so I'm guessing official routes/holidays/unpaid absence etc couldn't have been on the table(probably because his boss is gonna be off and in Sevilla/at the match?)

Back