SFA Compliance Officer investigating SPFL re cinch

I don’t think I have an account to sign in and listen. Have Rangers complained to the SFA about the SPFL behaviour? Or are they investigating the actual deal?

Someone like Amazon should film a behind the scenes documentary of Scottish Football governance and plow the profits made from the viewing figures back into the game.

It would be a sh!t-show sensation bigger than Tiger King.

Neil Doncaster costumes to be the biggest selling Halloween outfit next year.

There’s marking your own homework and there’s setting your own fucking questions

Q. Can you hamper Rangers, muddy their name and get them into court proceedings at the cost of a fair deal for the entire game, just because you’re a bigoted and corrupt Rangers hating organisation?
A. Yes

Nothing to see here

There’s marking your own homework and there’s setting your own fucking questions

Q. Can you hamper Rangers, muddy their name and get them into court proceedings at the cost of a fair deal for the entire game, just because you’re a bigoted and corrupt Rangers hating organisation?
A. Yes

Nothing to see here
Not sure I really get your point. The easiest thing for the SFA compliance officer to do would be not to investigate the SPL. For him to investigate a breach by the SPL is quite ballsy of him, is it not?

Not sure I really get your point. The easiest thing for the SFA compliance officer to do would be not to investigate the SPL. For him to investigate a breach by the SPL is quite ballsy of him, is it not?
Pays lip service to Rangers and Rangers fans, it’s seemingly worked?

Pays lip service to Rangers and Rangers fans, it’s seemingly worked?
You may well be right. But it does seem a bit odd that the compliance officer would even poke a hornets nest that he probably doesn’t have to touch. They have never given a toss about Rangers before, even with paying lip service to us. Maybe he is investigating because Rangers have complained? There is no doubt Rangers are still absolutely gunning for Doncaster. There is something a bit weird about it all, for sure.

He’s obliged to investigate this thoroughly.

Any sham investigation by them would be pointless on their behalf because it will just end in litigation with us.

From what Tom Irish was saying, it seems that the compliance officer is investigating, or is going to investigate, the terms of the cinch deal from the SPFL’s perspective.
That suggests they will be looking to see if the SPFL broke its own rules by agreeing to the terms they entered into with cinch.

From what Tom Irish was saying, it seems that the compliance officer is investigating, or is going to investigate, the terms of the cinch deal from the SPFL’s perspective.
That suggests they will be looking to see if the SPFL broke its own rules by agreeing to the terms they entered into with cinch.

The Compliance Officer contacting the SPFL will be like that clip from Father Ted, where Ted phones up Rome and the priests are having a laugh, feet up,smoking cigars and quaffing champagne. ? Ha-ha-ha !

Utterly laughable that Doncaster and his corrupt bunch will ever be removed from office.

You may well be right. But it does seem a bit odd that the compliance officer would even poke a hornets nest that he probably doesn’t have to touch. They have never given a toss about Rangers before, even with paying lip service to us. Maybe he is investigating because Rangers have complained? There is no doubt Rangers are still absolutely gunning for Doncaster. There is something a bit weird about it all, for sure.
There are now other clubs doing the bidding, it’s not just us. Too late mind you but I’m fully behind anything that meets our initial target of the 3 scabs at the top of the SPFL disappearing forever

Going by that then, they’ve hated Rangers one time too many. I hope we take millions from them in Court (if it’s even possible) and bankrupt the entire league

Just listened to it, Doncaster has his hand so far up Broadfoot's arse it's embarrassing.

Good stuff. Why is this not all over the media?
Need I ask.

Seems unlikely that any action taken would be for our benefit, or against Doncaster & Co. I wouldn’t trust anyone within either the SPFL or the SFA in the slightest, they have been in cahoots for a long time, so perhaps something else at play here. Would the Compliance Officer absolving the SPFL of any wrongdoing in an ‘investigation’ benefit them in any arbitration or court dispute? Or is he just doing his job after a member complaint, despite the animosity that would come his way from his paymasters?

The investigation will be get them ahead of the curve in terms of the court ruling.
this will allow them to emerge relatively unscathed from the fallout.
it will establish that albeit the process of appointing cinch was incorrect, the intention was honourable.
all for show…

Definitely view this as the SFA distancing themselves from the SPFLs side.

They are getting battered in court by Park, the direction this is heading is quite clear.

SFA will now look to save their image and discipline the SPFL when the inevitable blowout happens when Park wins and Rangers don't represent Cinch.

Interesting Broa
Just listened to it, Doncaster has his hand so far up Broadfoot's arse it's embarrassing.

Broadfoot still represents the SFA, but as an arms length contractor rather than as an employee. Means he can appear on shows like this and give their point of view.

Interesting he mentions the new incumbent in the little known post of Chief Governance Officer (who is the boss of the Compliance Officer). It's been an SFA post for a while but is rarely mentioned.

This is the new one, he previously advised the SFA whilst at BTO

Did Tom Irish say how many games Neil Doncaster could be banned for if found guilty?

I'm confused, not that, that takes a lot and I have no intention of listening to the podcast.

The question I have is, why does a non-entity, a solo Quango as it were conjured up on a whim, who has historically made disciplinary decisions based on Trial by TV for some. Most notably Rangers players, and omission by TV by and large in case of the filth, or even as we have seen in the case of Broon with evidence. now have a financial deal in his sights?

I don’t think this is the case Coisty, not at this point. I think what the compliance officer is/will be investigating is the SPFL taking the dispute to court, they’re not allowed to do that. They (The SFA) charged Hearts and Patrick Thistke for it, in my opinion, they have no option but to charge the SPFL.

They have a procedure laid out in SFA regulations whereby any disputes between the SPFL and member clubs are dealt with by independent aribitration. When Hearts and Thistle took the SFA to court over demotion by crooked email the courts told them they must submit to aribitration as per the rules
As Parks of Hamilton are part of the process the CO intervention is an attempt to clear the issue and keep the findings from seeing the light of day.I f this goes ahead I hope Parks take both the SPFL and the SFA to court for clear breeches of their own regulatory processes

More like we shall see more refs giving them more favourable decisions after all Rangers can' t be allowed to lift a cinch league title if they don't endorse the product / sponsor as a member club within the tournament!
What would happen in that instance, do we take the ribbons off the trophy first?

Someone like Amazon should film a behind the scenes documentary of Scottish Football governance and plow the profits made from the viewing figures back into the game.

It would be a sh!t-show sensation bigger than Tiger King.

Neil Doncaster costumes to be the biggest selling Halloween outfit next year.
Ricky Gervais get’s £40 million a series. Congratulations you’ve just saved the financial plight of Scottish Football. Well done sir.

Back