SFA Compliance Officer investigating SPFL re cinch

I don’t think I have an account to sign in and listen. Have Rangers complained to the SFA about the SPFL behaviour? Or are they investigating the actual deal?
My reading of it is that there has been an allegation that the SPFL breached SFA protocols somewhere in the cinch deal and that is what is being investigated. If true, the SPFL have appointed the SFA as arbiter in the dispute with Rangers and the SFA will be investigating the SPFL for breaching SFA rules. Where else but in Scottish football :)

She is now a he. New guy has been in place for a year or so now. He is much more sensible by all accounts and not a hand picked place man. Incredibly.
not hand picked?
well, he certainly acts like he is.
why isnt the diving japanese cited

My reading of it is that there has been an allegation that the SPFL breached SFA protocols somewhere in the cinch deal and that is what is being investigated. If true, the SPFL have appointed the SFA as arbiter in the dispute with Rangers and the SFA will be investigating the SPFL for breaching SFA rules. Where else but in Scottish football :)
It’s truly effin mental.

not hand picked?
well, he certainly acts like he is.
To be fair to the compliance officer, how many citings have there been since he took over? Calum Butcher of Dundee Utd was cited a couple of weeks ago for a challenge on Turnbull. Whilst I am sure there will have been a few others that I can't remember, that is the only one I can actually remember in the last year or so. He seems to have taken a far less interventionist approach. Which is absolutely fine so far as I am concerned. We were all absolutely sick of what felt like Rangers players being cited on a regular basis whilst virtually nobody else was. Unless it is really egregious, I don't really want any compliance officer getting involved on a regular basis. Just as Furuhashi could have been cited, so could the St Johnstone player who tried to buy a penalty by diving against us last Wednesday and so on. If you go down that route you need to stay down that route and cite everyone who dives etc. If that is what we want, fair enough (and I am not in any way defending Furuhashi by the way - I absolutely agree that he has dived, several times). But for me I prefer the less interventionist approach.

A lot of this would be sorted by VAR. But that is maybe a debate for another day. For all the bias claims that come from Celtic supporters, the only club that has consistently favoured VAR is Rangers. Strange how the ones who claim to be victims of bias don't seem to want VAR!

I liked the comment “you told me off air Tom” (about cinch deal being investigated by compliance officer). Talk about dropping him in it or simply setting it up the pot for the big stirring spoon.

It’s a dreadful deal for Scottish football, signing away 5 years for a pittance.

Isn’t there a personal (or past work) connection between cinch and the SPFL personnel?

It’s a dreadful deal for Scottish football, signing away 5 years for a pittance.

Isn’t there a personal (or past work) connection between cinch and the SPFL personnel?
MacLennan is linked to somebody there iirc. I think he used to be one of their high heedyins boss or something.

More like we shall see more refs giving them more favourable decisions after all Rangers can' t be allowed to lift a cinch league title if they don't endorse the product / sponsor as a member club within the tournament!

I had my own wee paranoia about the Scottish Tennent's Cup.

For 12 of those years Rangers advertised McEwans Lager on their strips.

We were drawn against Celtic 6 times during those years. 4 times we had to play at Parkhead.

Plus two games away to Hearts.

Paranoia or whit !

The protocol only allows the citing for diving if the referee has been deceived and given a foul - none of his instances have, as far as I'm aware, been of that nature. Even the Livi (?) one where the player was sent off, there was sufficent for an offence, even if he went down like a dying duck in a thunderstorm. To get cited, he needs to have dived and the referee be conned by it.

The protocol only allows the citing for diving if the referee has been deceived and given a foul - none of his instances have, as far as I'm aware, been of that nature. Even the Livi (?) one where the player was sent off, there was sufficent for an offence, even if he went down like a dying duck in a thunderstorm. To get cited, he needs to have dived and the referee be conned by it.

He did, and ref was conned by it, foul to Livingston.

Back