Sheffield United - an utter embarrassment

I could’ve after the first one for all you know mate! Now stop stealing other people’s patter trying to pass it aff as your own :)
That patter is about 20 years old from on here - I think it’s safe to say it’s not my own!

Go spend some time watching the 100 goals that Sheffield United have conceded this year if your blood pressure can handle it. I bet there’s some crackers!

100 goals conceded! That actually happening at that level of football is an utter embarrassment. Those players and the coaches that were in charge this season should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Up there with Derby County in 07/08 for the worst side I’ve ever seen play in the Premier League.
Take a deep breath, exhale and relax. It's Sheffield United not Rangers so take it easy

100 goals conceded and millions of pounds in parachute payments for going down. I hate English football.
What makes me laugh living down here is that any team that’s promoted into their premier league then all of a sudden you see these kits being worn by adults. Man City is the classic one along with the fannies from Leeds.

100 goals conceded! That actually happening at that level of football is an utter embarrassment. Those players and the coaches that were in charge this season should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Up there with Derby County in 07/08 for the worst side I’ve ever seen play in the Premier League.
Are you a Sheffield Wednesday supporter?

If not, wtf is your point??

They are a yo yo club dealing with finances that we can only dream of.

Do you not have other stresses in your life to be more focussed on??

What do you expect? They've got one of the smaller grounds in the EPL and don't have owners throwing money at them. They simply cannot compete in the EPL without risking unsustainable debt or FFP problems.

English football is fundamentally broken. I'd love to see the money clubs piss off to their own super league and let whats left try to sort out a proper, sustainable future. Some historic clubs with passionate fans who will never see a return to their hey day. Football would be better if the biggest 20-30 clubs just buggered off to their own Saudi financed super league and let everybody else in Europe get on with things.

What do you expect? They've got one of the smaller grounds in the EPL and don't have owners throwing money at them. They simply cannot compete in the EPL without risking unsustainable debt or FFP problems.

English football is fundamentally broken. I'd love to see the money clubs piss off to their own super league and let whats left try to sort out a proper, sustainable future. Some historic clubs with passionate fans who will never see a return to their hey day. Football would be better if the biggest 20-30 clubs just buggered off to their own Saudi financed super league and let everybody else in Europe get on with things.
Excellent post. It’s exactly what it is. Hopefully one day this will happen.

Tbh, no I haven't.

No matter who we are playing, we shouldn't be conceding 7 goals at home.
Context matters not a jot. Got ya.
Cuffings happen at every level, it can happen, let alone when there are such bonkers disparities in level of ability and spending. I hope you get this and find peace of mind soon.

Meanwhile on the other side of the city.........

Dom Howson
@domhowson

Sheffield Wednesday have become the first team in Championship history to stay up after a 13-match winless start. They had six points on the board from 17 matches and were 10 adrift of safety.

Sir Danny Röhl has worked his magic.Absolutely. Chuffing. Incredible. #SWFC

One thing I hate about modern football is the way statistics and records are just made up.

There seems to be some sort of "first" or "record" in just about every game these days.

"Joe Bloggs is the first player with the initials JB to score a goal on every day of the week whilst wearing Mizuno boots."

No question about it they are a fucking disgrace to football. Even pishy wee Luton put up a better fight.

Everyone associated with Sheff Utd should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyone any idea how tough it will be for tickets to the derby next season?

Speaking as someone who’s gone home and away for 20 years you’ll most likely have to be on the club database from before the season starts to get a ticket at Hillsborough unless you know someone who is who can get you one.

Reduced capacity at Hillsborough on safety grounds will make it harder than the last time we met in 2019.

Not quite sure why @Steveger thinks it will be easy for a neutral to get a ticket.

Aye, a team that have conceded 100 goals with 2 games to spare aren’t up there as one of the worst.

I won’t calm down for having an opinion.
Are they your down south team?

It's not that you are having an opinion but you are coming across as a wet sponge with a hangover!

Perhaps they could have parked the bus every game to keep the score down or is this what they did but had leaks as defenders?

Embarrassing for sure but surely you can't be surprised. 3 weak promoted teams though I expected Burnley to do better than where they are currently.

One thing I hate about modern football is the way statistics and records are just made up.

There seems to be some sort of "first" or "record" in just about every game these days.

"Joe Bloggs is the first player with the initials JB to score a goal on every day of the week whilst wearing Mizuno boots."

You’ve just given Lad bible another article ya dick

Seems to be Norwich’s business model.
It actually is. I remember seeing an interview with Ed Balls (ex politician and Norwich director)fairly recently where he said that their ambition is to b a ‘top 26 club’ i.e. either in the Premiership or in the top six of the Championship fighting to get back up. He didn’t actually seem that fussed which one it was as long as they were within that group.

Surely they are one of the best 20 teams in England. Don't see what's so shameful about being the worst of the 20. Levels to every game.

James Sands and Leon King vs the most potent team in Europe at the time. I’ve forgiven us, have you?
If Connor Goldson hadn’t gone off injured that night, it would never have ended up that way, Yeh, we probably would have lost, but we would not have shipped seven goals.

Speaking as someone who’s gone home and away for 20 years you’ll most likely have to be on the club database from before the season starts to get a ticket at Hillsborough unless you know someone who is who can get you one.

Reduced capacity at Hillsborough on safety grounds will make it harder than the last time we met in 2019.

Not quite sure why @Steveger thinks it will be easy for a neutral to get a ticket.

What's the present capacity and what is your record attendance out of interest? Hillsborough used to be called 'The Wembley of The North' did it not?

Ah no worries, fingers crossed I can get something sorted.

Back