Sheyi Ojo

Kent is currently better than Ojo & Morelos is a much better player than Defoe.
Kent has all the attributes to be a top player, but his stats last season were barely better than Candeias. With his ability, he should be scoring and creating more.

For the life of me I can’t see how we can still be in for Kent now that Ojo has joined.

Even with Hastie and Middleton going out on loan, we’d still have seven wide players to fill two slots at best.
I have a feeling that SG knows Kent won’t be back, Ojo, Jones and Murphy competing for that position.

I get the stats - facts but how many times does Kent get chopped down in last third. My guess at least 3x per game. He is a constant danger to the opposition and they are happy to take one for the team to stop him.

Tav on Ojo so far

“I have heard some good things about Sheyi,” Tavernier said. “I heard Don Cowie who was at Wigan with him said he was a really good player so he is obviously as excited player for us to get.

“I have seen in the past couple of days how strong a runner he is. I can’t wait to see him out on the pitch properly.”

Arfield is one of my favourite players but we need to remember is very injury prone. We will rotate regularly.

If we go our standard 433 -

Jones Morelos Ojo

If we go 4321 -

Defoe

Kent Arfield

It will be great to have these options as well as variations to them.
Yes, flexibility and options are greatly required, as saw last season when we struggled in certain games to break down organised and resolute sides.

Tav on Ojo so far

“I have heard some good things about Sheyi,” Tavernier said. “I heard Don Cowie who was at Wigan with him said he was a really good player so he is obviously as excited player for us to get.

“I have seen in the past couple of days how strong a runner he is. I can’t wait to see him out on the pitch properly.”
Encouraging.

I really think Ojo can be a big player for us this year. Playing under Gerrard, who knows him, can only help.

Don’t want to upset the thread but a certain Mr Rossiter will be tearing it up in preseason and wil, be giving everyone a headache.

Him, Doc and Dorrans will be busting a gut to impress mate.

They're all effectively playing for their Rangers futures.

Pre season will be very competitive.

Makes the friendly games well worth attending.

Him, Doc and Dorrans will be busting a gut to impress mate.

They're all effectively playing for their Rangers futures.

Pre season will be very competitive.

Makes the friendly games well worth attending.
I'd love to see Dorrans have a complete season here. It's easy to overlook the fact he may have a part to play.

Yeah, he is the better player.

TBF though, Liverpool fans on reddit who've been watching us this season have been saying Kent has improved tenfold during his time at Rangers, so that tmay not necessarily turn out to be true. Especially seeing as how Kent is bedded in with the team/culture here, it'll make it easier for him to hit the ground running if he returns.

TBF though, Liverpool fans on reddit who've been watching us this season have been saying Kent has improved tenfold during his time at Rangers, so that tmay not necessarily turn out to be true. Especially seeing as how Kent is bedded in with the team/culture here, it'll make it easier for him to hit the ground running if he returns.
Yes, fair point. Kent and Gerrard being here will hopefully help him settle. He certainly won’t be phased by the physical side of the game, unlike maybe Ejaria could be.

Back