Shinnie move to Rangers "ruled out".

A signing, which would have made more sense than Kamara or Jones. He's played in five (?) domestic cup finals and been very good against us on several occasions. Would make sense as a squad player.

But granted, I'm not excited either.

Regardless of signing as a midfielder or left back i would be hoping for better quality in the summer

A signing, which would have made more sense than Kamara or Jones. He's played in five (?) domestic cup finals and been very good against us on several occasions. Would make sense as a squad player.

But granted, I'm not excited either.
U not like Kamara??

I hope the story is true and he signs elsewhere. He's not good enough to improve on what we've already got.

He isn't exactly going to come out and say while season is still going that he is leaving the sheep to sign for us they would make his life a misery. The fact he hasn't announced his next move is telling I think he will be a Rangers player in the summer.

Apart from Kamara, our midfield is very poor as it is and needs an overhaul.

Adding Greame Shinnie into the equation would not make things better, if we actually want to win a league title.

Kamara was a much higher risk for sure. Dundee were rotten and the gap is quite big. Plus, despite showing early signs against Hamilton and Dundee, he hasn't really delivered at the crunch and has looked average since then.
I thought the whole team looked like that of a late with him trying to actually play football, think he's got a big future with us me.
Don't forget we got a WC winner from Dundee in CC!

I thought the whole team looked like that of a late with him trying to actually play football, think he's got a big future with us me.
Don't forget we got a WC winner from Dundee in CC!
Kamara is the one player in our midfield who can play the way I expect a good midfielder to play. He has all the tools required. I really like him.

We just need to bring in god players beside him. Jack, Arfield and the likes of Shinnie are not good enough if we want to win the title.

The article states absolutely nothing. No direct quotes or anything. File under shite until he comes out and states where he is going. If he can of course!

He's one of these Scottish players who run themselves into the ground for their side, always giving 100 % if not more. He likewise is better than most in the non-OF Scottish sides and alongside GMS make Aberdeen click. Whether he can improve us or improve himself with us is up for debate.

But we fool ourselves if we think that a Rangers team can win every game in Scotland without players of his consistent fighting spirit and fighting ability - not least in this day and age. As we have seen umpteen times this season ... and in recent weeks. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire and I'd rather have the "red hot fire" of an expirienced and not-too bad Shinnie than trial Coulibaly, Rossiter and other "foreigners", only to find out that they can`t cope consistently.

There is no doubt that we need a squad capable for Europe, the better teams in Scotland, and the bread and butter stuff at Hamilton, Dundee, Kilmarnock and Co.

Folk drawing parallels with Jack, in terms of he wasn’t signing for us, it was the worst kept secret that Jack was signing for us, I don’t recall McInnes saying he wasn’t signing for us.

Why is a move to us “controversial”?
I can’t say I’d be excited about us signing him and appreciate the story may be rubbish but can’t fathom why they would say it’s controversial!

Controversial in the sense that it will leave Sheep foaming at the mouth, any Rangers fan I’ve spoken to is pretty ambivalent about the whole thing.

Mate if that happens and our board does hehaw I'll be fuking raging.
He's like Stuart McCall to me will run all fuking day and nite, but we need creativity in midfield and a #10.
People saying hes pish for me is just not true, we could lose about 8 players come the summer as long as he's better than what's leaving surely that's the path to follow.
Not really.

We’ve got better players than Dalcio, Herrera, Pena, Nemane & co, but they’re still not good enough.

I hate the whole “awk well hes better than Coulibaly”. etc. Thats not the benchmark and its the wrong way to look at signings IMO.

Quality, not quantity.

You’re 100% correct, We need a battler, another Hurlock type would be great for us
What we going to do with McCrorie then? Punt him? Stall his development for Greame Shinnie?

Hes 21 now, he needs more gametime than he is getting. If he isn’t good enough then he needs to go on loan or be sold.

McInnes said word for word that Jack wouldn’t be signing for us.

Can’t recall that at all, word for word?

I recall him saying several clubs were interested, certainly don’t recall him saying Jack wouldn’t be signing for Rangers, why would he say that when it was pretty obvious that he was?

Apart from Kamara, our midfield is very poor as it is and needs an overhaul.

Adding Greame Shinnie into the equation would not make things better, if we actually want to win a league title.

Kamara is nowhere near good enough, IMO. I seriously hope he is nowhere near our starting 11 next season.

He is not good enough for us, he would be a red card waiting to be given. I doubt if he is good enough for Luton either, they will be playing in the Championship next season.

Kamara is nowhere near good enough, IMO. I seriously hope he is nowhere near our starting 11 next season.
I like Kamara. Ok, past couple of games hasn't been amazing but he is our best player in there. Can pass, good ball retention, good at nicking ball back, good weight of pass, sees thing early, positions well - all things our other midfielders lack.

Kamara is the one player in our midfield who can play the way I expect a good midfielder to play. He has all the tools required. I really like him.

We just need to bring in god players beside him. Jack, Arfield and the likes of Shinnie are not good enough if we want to win the title.
Mate that's happening in the summer #10 2 attacking MF plus a CH and whatever needs addressing.
This season was about getting the nuclius of the team, quality to arrive now.
Stevie will deliver U 55

What we going to do with McCrorie then? Punt him? Stall his development for Greame Shinnie?

Hes 21 now, he needs more gametime than he is getting. If he isn’t good enough then he needs to go on loan or be sold.
We do need a big squad. If we get a good European run then SG will rotate the squad like he did last year.

Not really.

We’ve got better players than Dalcio, Herrera, Pena, Nemane & co, but they’re still not good enough.

I hate the whole “awk well hes better than Coulibaly”. etc. Thats not the benchmark and its the wrong way to look at signings IMO.

Quality, not quantity.
We need better players in the summer everyone knows that and quality & flair will arrive in the summer, Stevie will sort that out.
It was never going to happen first season.
We will be a different animal next season.

Ps. Not given up yet I like Hellicopters!

Pps. I take it UR young and craving success??

It's just the agent trying to damp down any speculation so his client does not get too much stick. I am not greatly enthused by him and think we need a more creative player.

We need better players in the summer everyone knows that and quality & flair will arrive in the summer, Stevie will sort that out.
It was never going to happen first season.
We will be a different animal next season.

Ps. Not given up yet I like Hellicopters!

Pps. I take it UR young and craving success??
I’m not confident it will going by previous signings & the signings made for next season.
Is everyone not craving success?

Back