Shirt sponsorship gambling

I'm not too bothered if it happens here, at least for us. I'm confident that we will get equivalent or more money elsewhere from non-betting companies. I thought at the time of the renewal that 32Red was an easy win for the board while they were focused on growing other areas, so there was no reason to change.

EPL clubs have all but agreed to a ban of gambling companies on shirt sponsorship (sleeve still allowed). You would think Scotland would follow suit which spells the end of 32Red and likely a reduction on our shirt sponsorship money as gambling pays the most.

Premier League clubs are set to agree to ban gambling companies from advertising on the front of their shirts.

The proposal, under which front-of-shirt sponsorship by betting firms would be banned but sleeve deals still permitted, is on the agenda at a top-flight shareholders’ meeting on Thursday. It is expected that the clubs will support the move in order to avoid government legislation banning gambling advertising completely.
Good, I don't want my kids seeing constant ads for gambling whenever there's sport on TV.

To be honest I think that's a good thing.

Cant be against gambling in football whilst happy to take millions from it.

It won't stop the problem but it might help
Don't think authorities are against gambling out of any principles. More to do with possibilities of match thinking as far as I'm aware.

Great idea, I've lost count of the number of times I've been watching a game with no interest in betting just to see a shirt sponsored by a gambling company and had the sudden urge to bet money I don't have :rolleyes:
Are you an impressionable kid whose grown up watching sky constantly advertising gambling and having pundits talking about odds and seeing your favourite players parading about the field with the name of gambling firms splashed across their chest? Gambling has become inextricably linked to football and it's wrong.

Are you suggesting that advertising doesn't work?
Understand exactly what he is suggesting. Gamble myself and never once used 32red. Once used Unibet for a sign up offer. Yeah it gets a company name out there but hardly the root of problem gambling.

sold my street triple 765 in September last year. I was test riding the tiger 900 tiger 1200 and the scrambler. The street triple is an amazing bike and great as a first bike, ignore the trident
It’ll be an older one I’ll be getting, gen 1 675 with the bug eyes. Got a husky svartpilen at the moment - it’s cool but fancy a change!

Are you an impressionable kid whose grown up watching sky constantly advertising gambling and having pundits talking about odds and seeing your favourite players parading about the field with the name of gambling firms splashed across their chest? Gambling has become inextricably linked to football and it's wrong.
I grew up when we had CR Smith on our shirts and I've yet to succumb to buying windows and doors

Great idea, I've lost count of the number of times I've been watching a game with no interest in betting just to see a shirt sponsored by a gambling company and had the sudden urge to bet money I don't have :rolleyes:
Don't believe anyone has an urge to bet because of a name on a shirt,nonsense

I grew up when we had CR Smith on our shirts and I've yet to succumb to buying windows and doors
No, but the fact you can remember an obscure double glazing company from the 80s shows how much impact a shirt sponsor can have even after 35 years. I don't imagine you walked past double glazing stores in every town centre, saw adverts every 5 minutes for them on TV and online, had TV pundits taking about the chance of double glazing letting in the cold compared to single glazing etc. If you had you might well have bought more double glazing because it was supporting Rangers' sponsors.

I’ve never had the opportunity to become addicted to gambling, I have lost nearly every bet I have ever put on in my life

Starting off losing quickly knocks the idea on the head

Cant have a shirt sponsorship but happy to have Ray Winstone cutting aboot on tv advertising bets before the live sky games and at half time?

Good, I don't want my kids seeing constant ads for gambling whenever there's sport on TV.
Yea I’d guess this is mostly the main reason. Imagine Cartoon Network having 4 betting adverts and a Ray Winstone pop up for Teen Titans. The kids at some point have got to be atleast slightly curious as to what all these sponsors mean/do, I know I would ask my dad back in the day what NTL is etc.

Shit that the clubs are paying the price instead of the TV companies though who are already benefitting off the clubs backs.

Your house must be freezing.

I'm only old enough to remember them being on Celtic tops but, even still, if you asked me to name a windows and doors company they'd be the only one I could think of.

No, but the fact you can remember an obscure double glazing company from the 80s shows how much impact a shirt sponsor can have even after 35 years. I don't imagine you walked past double glazing stores in every town centre, saw adverts every 5 minutes for them on TV and online, had TV pundits taking about the chance of double glazing letting in the cold compared to single glazing etc. If you had you might well have bought more double glazing because it was supporting Rangers' sponsors.
I remember Everest too and they weren't on any shirts that I know of

I'm all for it if we can.
I don’t believe there is anything actually preventing us from doing it other than maybe not expecting much of a demand for it. That lot do have an option for a shirtless sponsor so it’s definitely allowed in this league aswell

People regularly mention wanting this option so it’s quite ridiculous the club and Castore haven’t latched on to it. Although there is no current option to buy replica versions of the womens teams shirts either for anyone that may want to do that, you can only get female versions of the mens shirts, which have entirely different sponsors obviously.

I don’t believe there is anything actually preventing us from doing it other than maybe not expecting much of a demand for it. That lot do have an option for a shirtless sponsor so it’s definitely allowed in this league aswell

People regularly mention wanting this option so it’s quite ridiculous the club and Castore haven’t latched on to it. Although there is no current option to buy replica versions of the womens teams shirts either for anyone that may want to do that, you can only get female versions of the mens shirts, which have entirely different sponsors obviously.
I bought the fourth kit long sleeved with no sponsorship on it I also have training tops without I'm with you lets get rid of it altogether.

I am one of the people you are talking about and have never once put on a bet. Mugs game. People need to take responsibility for their own decisions. The game up here is jn a bad enough state as it is without cutting our nose of to spite our face and pander to this nonsense.

I am one of the people you are talking about and have never once put on a bet. Mugs game. People need to take responsibility for their own decisions. The game up here is jn a bad enough state as it is without cutting our nose of to spite our face and pander to this nonsense.
All well till an autistic lad does 20k on the online Roulette. Sadly not everyone is in control like yourself. At least the Club would benefit from his problems though.

All well till an autistic lad does 20k on the online Roulette. Sadly not everyone is in control like yourself. At least the Club would benefit from his problems though.
Didn't realise autism makes you more susceptible to tv advertising. Every day's a school day. Maybe we should ban car advertising in case he signs a PCP on a new Evoque he can't afford.

Didn't realise autism makes you more susceptible to tv advertising. Every day's a school day. Maybe we should ban car advertising in case he signs a PCP on a new Evoque he can't afford.
Aye seen it my own eyes. Lad nearly topped himself, was awful to see. Earning £10 an hour and put on a VIP programme by a well known Bookmaker.

By the way I’ve worked in the industry for 20 years and still do.

The difference is that finance is regulated and you can't just walk in and buy a car without credit checks, you also have a cooling off period after making a purchase where you can request a refund. You can spunk 20k on the online puggies and the gambling company wouldn't give a fck nor return your money.

I guess the whole concept of advertising is lost on you then, fair play.

Cant have a shirt sponsorship but happy to have Ray Winstone cutting aboot on tv advertising bets before the live sky games and at half time?
Banned for a while which was a shame as good few came in.

I am a big gambler, won a couple of grand last week but lost a grand on Spain during the week, BUT I like gambling and I can afford to do it.

I won’t bet again until tomorrow when I do my usual bets on us which has cost me a fortune this year

-2 -3 -4 -5 all 20 pound bets regardless of who we play.

I have never signed up with 32bet and certainly wouldn’t use theirs, there is an issue that is underlying.

Ivan Toney can’t gamble and will be banned for a period of time however it’s ok for that same thing to be branded and promoted everywhere he works? If he has / had an addiction then I would be all over that as my defence.

To be fair I don’t think people realise just how much advertising works and is worth until you really look into it.

Back