Shooting outside the box

Tony75tfc

Again we just look inept at getting shots away from outside the box only one that got a shot away was davis and made lewis make a save ,we just try and play wee tippy tappy passes to try and break through a crowded defence and its not working

Nobody willing to take responsibility & have a go from distance. Especially against packed defences, at least have a go. Too many players passing the buck.

Nobody willing to take responsibility & have a go from distance. Especially against packed defences, at least have a go. Too many players passing the buck.
The one that stood out for me today was when I think it was Polster attempted it. At least he had the balls to go for it.

I said the other day on here how frustrating it is. Something we really need to be doing a lot more of, another day and that Davis shot today puts us 1 up

Dont know many times I've posted about this and have been SHOT down .the drill we do pre match is not being implemented into our game ,but someone said the other week we had plenty shots but it's not good enough

Arfield had a chance to shoot first half. Took a touch, then another touch, then finally shot. By that point he'd been closed down and the chance gone.

Davis done it today and their keeper made a great save. We need to do it more. Crossing the ball into the box did not work once today yet we kept trying it.

I will say this until the end of time - why, with a manager such as ours, are we not hitting more shots from outside the box? We must have the lowest conversation rate outside the box in the league.

Before Christmas it was the highest!

I think that it's just not easy to score from outside the box.

Part of the problem is the slow build up play so when an opportunity to shoot is available we either hit a defender or blast over.

I will say this until the end of time - why, with a manager such as ours, are we not hitting more shots from outside the box? We must have the lowest conversation rate outside the box in the league.
I know. We have two of the finest long range strikers of the ball in Gerrard and Mc Allister. You'd think pinging a few shots from distance would be worked on in training?

Unfortunately the players we have are not very good at long range shots and it's a big problem.

Even during the warm up I was watching the shooting drill and it was absolutely laughable how poor the shooting was

The whole team is too safe, in passing , shooting, taking a man, general responsibility of changing a game. Don't know where the fear has came from because we have played some wonderful football pre christmas

I'd like to know if they practice shots from outside the box but looking at previous games I doubt it

We've got attacking players that are that clinical in our squad that we should be attempting more, it's odds on, that if we make keepers make saves, there will be chances for rebounds. With Alfie, Defoe, even Arfield around, we're going to get ourselves on the end of some saves off the keeper, or balls are going to deflect and fall to guys in the box

We need to be better at hitting the target from outside the box, which means we need to start hitting bloody shooting.

Back