Shots

Invincible

It’s frustrating the amount of times we have a chance to shoot and don’t we always had midfield players who weighed in with goals Ferguson Mendes Reyna and the hammer but our midfield players don’t seem to fancy having a pop at times need more goals from midfield.

I think Kamaras attempts showed why we don’t, one literally went out the stadium.

We just don’t have the players capable of shooting from 20+ yards, apart from maybe Hagi who wasn’t in a position for any today.

It’s frustrating the amount of times we have a chance to shoot and don’t we always had midfield players who weighed in with goals Ferguson Mendes Reyna and the hammer but our midfield players don’t seem to fancy having a pop at times need more goals from midfield.
I don't know how many times iv screamed at the TV this season......fu*king shoot. And its passed into the box or wide. Frustrating. Maybe when games arnt going our way we should start shooting when we have the opportunity

I wonder if it’s not so much reluctance as instruction.

i.e. if there’s not a clear opportunity to get a shot in, recycle the ball back out to the wing backs.

It certainly looks that way to me a lot.

Id agree with this. Modern football and the sports science guys are into this stat xG (expected goals) and the xG for shots from outside the box are very low indeed.
I reckon that may be involved.
Or I could of course be talking bollocks lol.

It’s one thing teams playing us won’t have to worry about anyway. Considering how the gaffer could skelp them from distance it’s frustrating at times.

S Davis found himself in a positions today he should tried from.

our manager was good at it so surprised he doesn’t push it.

Kamara isn’t that type of player, however Davis I feel should/could shoot more. Has he never been the type to have a dig?

One major part of our game that's missing. Some opportunities to test that keeper today and we failed miserably.

Roofe may have made a difference, his shooting boots are good. So frustrating walking it onto the box for one of their hammer throwers to put it 40 yards.

For sure

I think Kamaras attempts showed why we don’t, one literally went out the stadium.

We just don’t have the players capable of shooting from 20+ yards, apart from maybe Hagi who wasn’t in a position for any today.
Sorry mate but Aribo had an attempt that was worse.

Agred with your point though.

It's pretty sad that these top players canny hit a decent shot. Arfield and Hagi are the only 2 we have who can do it whereas they have Macgregor Christie Rogic and Turnbull who can all do it

Hagi and Kent need to be having more digs when in the right position

Today we were too pedestrian at times and trying to walk it in.

So frustrating!

If you want to watch a team just hitting shots from 20-25 yards quite often, Celtic are a good watch for that. Rarely goes mind you like most shots from distance don't.

Today we had 16 shots, most lacked any really quality. I'd rather we created better opportunities than we did today rather than hit and hopes.

What worries me more is the amount of times we seem to hit the ball straight at the keeper . Kent is the worst for this , even when it seems harder to hit the keeper than score he somehow manages it .

We really need to up the aunty now in terms of goals . Last 5 games -

1-0
2-0
1-0
2-1
1-1

If you only score one or two goals in any game there’s a good chance you’ll drop points . Due to our defence we hadn’t , but it came today . We need to find our scoring touch again ASAP

You would think the majority of pro footballers who hav been playing the game intensely since childhood would be able to ping a shot ffs

We have a system that the players play to.

Very rarely will you see a shot, pass or a run that breaks that system.

We are methodical with it and while it works for the majority of times, it can be frustrating to watch when things don't go to plan

Packed defences

lack of goals or shots from midfield is an issue and strange considering it was one of the gaffers main assets. We have relied on alfredos goals the last couple of years and tav this season. Take away these and no one else really chips in. Arfield and hagi are capable but dont produce often enough. Davis and kamara contribute zilch on the goal front. Our goal difference is so good due to how well we defend

We have a system that the players play to.

Very rarely will you see a shot, pass or a run that breaks that system.

We are methodical with it and while it works for the majority of times, it can be frustrating to watch when things don't go to plan
It's almost like the management/coaching team know what they're doing.

It's like people complaining we concede goals from the full back positions and insist we do something about it; it's going to keep happening, we play this way by design and accept the risks.

I’ve moaned about it since Ferguson and Albertz days, We Don’t Shoot enough, or we don’t know how ! Just a few months back we did and we did get two deflected goals (Aberdeen Home), we take two many touches. Yes I know we’ve got a good goal difference, however think how we could scare the shit out of teams if we did shoot!

If you take a chance with a shot with that many people in the box you never know it takes a deflection or the second ball but we seem to wait for the perfect pass
Exactly that's why more shots should be going in With a deflection or the keeper spilling one

Not shooting removes that possibility for sure

I'm sorry but I see no reason why a player of his ability (or any of our midfielders for that matter) shouldn't be working bloody hard on what is a basic skill. Against the defensive blocks we face week in week out this is a big big gap in our armoury imo.

Teams know we don’t shoot much from outside the box so it makes it easier to defend .
I would have liked Hagi to stay a little more central and further up the park during games , he’s great at drawing fouls from outside the box . We didn’t have any close free kicks from just outside the box today . The side to side movement is fine for keeping possession but if you loose the ball your on the back foot straight away , you would be as well taking on a shot .

You’d think with the way the gaffer used to strike a ball from distance that he would be encouraging everyone to have a dig from way out. Mind you the gaffer was a bit special from 25 yards away...

Back