Should Rangers bring out a statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an old adage about never giving your enemy what they want or ask for.

They are all desperate for Rangers to make a statement because, in their eyes at least, doing so ties Rangers to the unsavoury isolated incidents at the weekend, plus whatever violations of fake Natsi rules have gone on.

Logically Rangers have no responsibility for what people do outside their stadium and had already asked, multiple times, for fans to act sensibly and stay safe.

A bit like woke/cancel culture where someone apologises for doing something wrong, when theyve not done anything wrong, thinking itll help, it will simply chuck fuel on the fire.

Rangers dont need to do anything because they havent done anything.

Vote them out.

cheers to the snp supporters in among us.
I agree voting them out.But the op said deal with them once and for all and I am curious what he means by that.I’ve never and would never vote that shite.
I’ve an idea.Maybe the idiots that were involved in the violence should think of the club and others instead of getting out their nut and making a cu*t of us all.The vast majority of us can enjoy a day out have a few drinks and celebrate.These fannies do us no favours and are a drain on us as much as any snp supporting fanny.

she never called us an anti catholic club,she said anti catholic chants/songs were sung by supporters yesterday, that may or may not be true,
On Sunday almost in unison a number of politicians and high profile SNP supporters were on saying Rangers behavuour was anti catholic. I'm yet to see footage of such behaviour. I'm.not denying there was violence and general anti social behaviour but they are setting a narrative this was a bigotfest to further alienate and dehumanise the Rangers support for their own political cause

Saying what?

A number of fans did behave in an unacceptable way. Drunken yobs fighting with each other and throwing things at the police? The club can't defend that. Perhaps it should release a statement committing to banning the arseholes from Ibrox.

As long as the minority cause trouble then the club can't do anything to challenge the kind of comments that we've seen since Saturday. We can rightly complain that others aren't held to the same standards that we are, but we need to accept that George Square on Saturday was unacceptable. We can't begin to defend the majority of the support until we tackle the minority who cause trouble.

Nope. They did their bit.

Unless the statement is going for the throat of people blaming us, we shouldn't comment.

The club need to be well out of this. Technically fans were breaking the law just by gathering so least said the better.

However I don’t see why they can’t ask the politicians what they would have had Rangers do to prevent people gathering.

They need to realise that the celebrations were going to happen regardless of what they said or did. To stop it would have required putting the city under martial law.

Other than a video of Douglas Park sniffing Prop off Lana Wolfes tits shouting ano Surrender 3 Day bender way his club tie tied round his head , no we shouldn’t

I’m not one of them but you do realise we have some right? Thousands of them.

I often read on here that no nationalist is a Rangers fan.

My best mate is one. He has had his season ticket for about 30 years. He cares about the club immensely
He doesn't care that much if he freely votes for a political party that would happily see us not exist mate.

As someone who was in the press/PR game for nearly three decades I would strongly counsel against any sort of statement.
However, if anyone publishes inaccurate or unjustified comments/misleading information, then formal complaints should be made and potentially legal action taken in order to ensure that the good name of the club is properly protected.

I’m not one of them but you do realise we have some right? Thousands of them.

I often read on here that no nationalist is a Rangers fan.

My best mate is one. He has had his season ticket for about 30 years. He cares about the club immensely

Thinking that all nationalists are ‘bad’ is not far away from the nonsense we suffer of all Rangers fans are ‘bad’.

No doubt this will prove less than popular.
Your best mate needs re-education.
If he cannot see after this weekend that the Nazis are hell-bent on destroying Rangers because we represent unionism, then he is a bit thick.
He may well realize that, and although it is his choice to do so, he should not be surprised if eventually our club gets outlawed.
Ask him how he would feel about that?

Has there been any proof shown yet of these alleged ''Anti Catholic'' chants? You need to wonder how every SNP MSP has apparerntly seen proof of this yet Bears are struggling to locate the evidence on Social Media.

The club done all they could prior to Saturday by advising against gathering and normally I would say they should stay quiet here but we simply can't sit back and allow false sectarian claims to be made against the club. The SNP are playing dirty politics here.

I would love the club to come out and tell Bears to think long and hard about who they are voting for in the future.

No. We have already sent out a statement, we warned fans of the rules and to stay safe. No matter what we done it was inevitable that a few fans would cause trouble after drinking all day. Most went home and had a great day. This would have happened if the shoe was on the other foot and they won 10 in a row, without doubt. Thankful it was us partying and not them.

What is annoying is the Sturgeon and Humza Yousef crap like 'Anti-catholic Glasgow Rampage'.
Could we imagine headlines with Sturgeon saying Anti-Protestant Glasgow Rampage? We'd most likely get the blame for their arrests.

Let them stew in their bitterness and soak it up and hurt. Its glorious.

The club will have been advised what to say prior to the weekend, which they did do through the press conference on Friday and also through club social channels.

The rest is up to the Police and the Government to deal with. As much as both of those groups would love for us to be seen to carry the can for this I’m afraid that’s not how this works and maintaining public order in an entire city isn’t something a football club is responsible for.

The club should be staying out of this unless directly attacked.

Fans' groups and bloggers, however, should be all over this; asking for evidence of the anti-catholic allegation and justification for the "otherness" of gatherings breaking Covid regulations that makes them immune to condemnation.

Also, they should be asking when Hummer is going to apologise for the lies he told in relation to the lack of engagement from Rangers on the weekend we won the title.

You don’t think there is an issue?

P!sh poor facilities around the country, 5 aside parks locked up

Go abroad and the local authorities have all this stuff laid out for kids free of charge
That's all well and good but what's that got to do with a small minority letting down the rest of us on Saturday with their neddish behaviour?

Remember the last time a rock band were castigated for what fans did hours after a gig finished ?

In and around Ibrox everything was fine yesterday.

Unfortunately a small element of our support let the rest of us down and gave the SNP and assorted other haters the open goal they craved. I despise the SNP with every fibre of my being but we just have to suck it up after Saturday. It’s got nothing to do with the club.

No

We are already seeing the likes of Keech Jackson and Tim Irish pretty much baiting the club to put out a statement. If we do what will it achieve? Other than give the vultures another feeding frenzy - this is what the haters want.

The politicians have had their scripts witten for days, and the self righteousness is laughable. Those same politicians roundly ignored the biggest display of Sectarianism inside a Scottish Sporting ground with the effigees at Sharkhead in 2016, that one the Crown Office lost the evidence for. We should take no lectures from pigs with their snouts in the public trough.

As for the bams who caused any bother, then they deserve all coming to them.

Of course not. Nothing the club did was wrong other than smash all our opponents 4-0 all season....that's the crime, that's the thing we did wrong.

Why indulge the maniacs?

The point I am making in this thread is that the SNP are labelling all rangers fans as anti-catholic bigots. THIS must be dealt with.
Your spot on mate. My family are all catholic and there are no bigger Rangers fans. To be honest I don’t get any shit being a Rangers catholic maybe it’s because I live in Peterborough and don’t know of any Celtic fans p.s ive only been here 40 years. It’s a excuse.

We don't need any statements we have beat them. They are done. They are just doing what the usually do name calling. The world ain't listening to them, only the bigot haters in this wee cesspit of a country

We don't need any statements we have beat them. They are done. They are just doing what the usually do name calling. The world ain't listening to them, only the bigot haters in this wee cesspit of a country
We've buckled civic Scotland and this is their death rattle....let them be. Ignore them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in opposing ANY religion or indeed ALL religions but you have to be careful not to abuse individuals.
well said buddy iam a catholic and Rangers mad. Love the club and everything about it. I sing anti catholic songs everyday at work and iam one. Ha ha if it offends then they have a problem as it’s only words. Rangers till I die.

Rangers should say nothing about this.
There was nothing the club could do to stop it.
The authorities knew it was inevitable that is why they had so many police on duty to police and control it.

With this in mind, they could have taken the next inevitable and very sensible step and shown fiscal responsibility in making sure that the environment of George Square was as safe and facilitated as possible.
Waste paper bins and toilets should have been made available to mitigate the mess and offer some humanity towards those attending.

A further step could have been made by asking those attending to log into an app which could then have been used for some feedback regarding the virus, intelligence gathering opportunities should not be resisted because you don't like the politics of a group of people, not if this really is 'one Scotland'.

Instead, the minimum was done by the politicians who are meant to be running the country because they saw it as an opportunity to further their aims of hatred and division.
All these third-rate politicals know is how to ferment more and more hatred and their hostile posture is becoming dangerous because for every action there is a reaction.

Just because the UK is a civilised country with a fantastic tradition of democratic behaviour, doesn't mean that parts of it cannot fall below these fine standards.
We saw it in Ulster and before that we saw it in the South of that country.
There is no reason why it won't happen in Scotland.
These fools are playing with fire.

Rangers Football Club should keep a huge distance from their politically naive game, the club is not a political entity and shouldn't fall into their traps.

No statement but a strong letter from the club to the Scottish Government over the comments etc directed at the club . Unacceptable and should be called out but in private with all correspondence saved from our end

The words coming from the mouths of Yousaf and Sturgeon must NOT be allowed to continue. They have yet again called us an anti-catholic club ( Yousaf) and continue to attack the club. It is obvious to all and sundry that the SNP are only offended by the sight of so many union flags throughout the country yesterday. This slander cannot be allowed to continue and we must take action , including legal action, against the so- called government in this country. The SNP behave like schoolboy bullies and act with impunity against our club; meanwhile, Sturgeon thinks that she speaks ex cathedra...well, she doesn't. I will be writing to Rangers regarding the comments made by that horrible little bigot, Yousaf, and will be asking what we intend to do about this as it cannot be allowed to go on unopposed anymore. It is time to deal with the SNP once and for all.
I have already written to Nicola Sturgeon about her comments and her and Glasgow’s lack of planning for the celebrations that were always going to happen, but I’ve got to say Rangers fans gathering in George Square was not a good idea and we could probably all see how this was going to end with Rangers name being tarnished again because of some fans that don’t know the meaning of good behaviour, can’t celebrate without making an arse of themselves, alcohol, young men and high spirited celebrations usually ends in disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back