Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

• Aye

Votes: 155 23.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 508 76.6%

• Total voters
Cracking goal scoring midfielder with bags of potential and 1.5, 2 million would be a steal.

If he was Scandinavian and had performed like that in a european like people on here would be raving.

The mentality of not taking a gamble sometimes is the same reason a lot probably thought John McGinn wouldnt have been good enough to get in our team.

As long as the medical dept have no issues I would love us to take a punt on him

We do take gambles mate. Two of the guys he would be looking to displace came from Aberdeen and Dundee. We had a striker from Hibs. We picked up Jones and Hastie last year.

The difference is, at £3 million, this is an expensive gamble. I don't think he gets in our team at the same time as Hagi so we have to pass.

He’s no doubt a good player but would be a massive gamble for what we’d have to pay. Would be peak Rangers to buy him and then for him to break down for another year. Not for me.

We’re not short of midfielders but we are short on goals from midfield.

Is his knee injury the type on one that means he won’t be the same player again?

Keep an eye on him maybe. He turned down the poets, but don’t know why.

We’re not short of midfielders but we are short on goals from midfield.

Is his knee injury the type on one that means he won’t be the same player again?

Keep an eye on him maybe. He turned down the poets, but don’t know why.

Maybe initially, but he was literally sitting with a Celtic top on sitting next to Lennon giving an interview to Celtic TV before this came up with his knee.

I think the lad is a terrific player and I really wanted him last year as I said on here many times

however as a rangers fan that grew up in the 90s I don’t want to sign anyone that’s been out for a year with a knee injury

We'd be daft to pay 3m for a boy out with 1 proven year then 1 year out with knee surgery, who'd be playing on a mix of good to utter dross pitches.

The bheasts are daft enough to pay that.

No he's no better than we have this season is not about players that will be squad players this season the players we buy need to be better than the player that is already playing that position we need to win league simples

We have a lot of talented young players, the priority now has to be adding a bit of experience and proven quality

Any midfielder scoring 16 goals in this league is worthy of our attention.
Our midfield haven’t scored that combined.
Spot on.

the lads been out injured a year but, that’s what concerns me. I’ve no doubts he’d score more than what we currently have if he’s fit

We have a lot of talented young players, the priority now has to be adding a bit of experience and proven quality

To be fair, we have a fair bit experience as well. Mcgregor, Davis, Arfield, Defoe, Murphy, Stewart all 30+, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Jack all 27-30.
I guess the proven quality would be to oust some of these guys though, so I get what your saying.

If he wasn't out for a year and we didn't sign Hagi I would have went for him. Doc had a decent return at hibs on loan if a remember rightly why not try him rather than going out in paying £2-3mil for someone very similar.

We are screaming out for top quality in the midfield. At least two bodies. Arfield, Davis and Jack cant play 2 games in a week. Aribo is excellent and his potential is massive but still drifts in and out of games. We need a Stuart McCall/Mascherano/Gattuso type (obv wont get that level of quality) and a box to box player with good level of quality.

If we sell Fredo for good cash i think it needs invested in midfield.

It’s a bit different getting those kind of stats playing for Motherwell, where other teams Allow you space, try that playing for us with ten hammer throwers behind the ball.

We are screaming out for top quality in the midfield. At least two bodies. Arfield, Davis and Jack cant play 2 games in a week. Aribo is excellent and his potential is massive but still drifts in and out of games. We need a Stuart McCall/Mascherano/Gattuso type (obv wont get that level of quality) and a box to box player with good level of quality.

If we sell Fredo for good cash i think it needs invested in midfield.
To get a player of the quality you mention, we would have to break the bank.

From the day Hastie signed. Gerrard advised he was for future and not for that season. Remember the interview vividly
My reply was to a post suggesting Turnbull scoring for Motherwell was a reason to sign him.
i was giving Hastie as an example.

Last edited:
Who knows what type of player he will be. That injury could leave him a lot less than he should be. I'd be very hesitant to splash nearly £3.75 million for him

Who knows what type of player he will be. That injury could leave him a lot less than he should be. I'd be very hesitant to splash nearly £3.75 million for him

The fee won't be anywhere near that now.

I think we could probably get him for £1.5m, maybe even less if we threw a loan or 2 their way.

Back