Should we not be strengthening in this transfer window?

They say…whoever they are, that you always should be strengthening when you are in a position of power.We are still, in the driving seat to win this league.Not to mention still in Europe and all to play for in the Scottish Cup.
So for arguments sake should we not be strengthening in this window?
A lot ……at stake this season.
Only if it’s a player who goes straight into the team as he’s better than the what we already have.

Only if it’s a player who goes straight into the team as he’s better than the what we already have.

Ideally that would be great. But that is very difficult to do in January. We still have areas that could be strengthened by a decent squad player.

Absolutely we need to strengthen
We are scraping wins at the moment we need to freshen things up have more options in attacking positions.
Barker ojo etc not up to it.
Jones needs to get upto speed
Kent has the odd good game 7 out 10 but over all for the season probably 5 out 10
So definitely need an attacking option

We are scraping wins at the moment we need to freshen things up have more options in attacking positions.
Kent has the odd good game 7 out 10 but over all for the season probably 5 out 10

We dont have any money to spend unless we sell first.

This idea that we buy every window but never sell is a nonsense.

Kent 5 out of 10 for the season? He might not be banging in goals every single game but 5/10 is a bit low fs

We spent £7M on Kent on the summer and we are not selling any of our big money players this window.

Do people think we have a endless pot of money?
We will have gotten a few million in prize money and tickets from the group games as well, I'd like to think we would be fine with spending a couple million this window if it helped us towards the title.

We will have gotten a few million in prize money and tickets from the group games as well, I'd like to think we would be fine with spending a couple million this window if it helped us towards the title.

Mate, we got that prize money an ticket sales last season and still posted an 8 figure loss. Not to mention we just spent £7M on one player in the summer.

We don't have endless funds.

Only bring in the right players no point in bringing in players for the sake of it
x318Lia.gif

Outside of James McClean, I can't think of a player less likely to sign for Rangers than Liam Boyce.

Dont know anything about his background. 90% of people in Northern Ireland support an English team and have some kind of separate affinity to us or them on the side. It's not like growing up in Glasgow. But usually the strength of good money, a big club, chance to play in Europe, push forward in the international team etc etc overcomes that. If he was that rabid he wouldnt play for NI.

We could do with 2 quality additions at the very least.

A game changing forward maybe even someone who can play either side of Morelos. Priority signing.

A dynamic creative midfielder something different to what we already have possibly a go to player from the bench.

There is 13 or 14 players Gerrard can trust and it's a certainty those same players will be tasked at going to distance this season but two quality signings could be the difference and the boost we need.
What I'm thinking also.

Yeah, good idea, buy a wide player and get 5/10 Kent dropped. He's clearly not the rquired standard. FFS.
Are you doing a parody of Chic Young asking Walter if he would need to buy someone better than Laudrup for Europe?

I know that finances will be stretched and the Board have been magnificent.
However, I believe that two players in now to have a real go for the rest of the season will be money that the investors can easily recoup in the summer through the sale of one particular asset.
If all went well, they might also be looking at a chance of Champions League money, nevermind that Ibrox will be sold out next season ...again.

Mate, we got that prize money an ticket sales last season and still posted an 8 figure loss. Not to mention we just spent £7M on one player in the summer.

We don't have endless funds.
Are we not supposed to be having an expected £20m share issue this month? Plus we are likely to be making £25m+ off player sales this summer. Considering how big this title race is, if Gerrard felt we needed a £1/2m player to help us get over the line and we decided against it I would be pretty disappointed.

How do you sign a decent striker when they know they won't even make the bench most weeks?

I don’t think any player signs up to a club wanting to be back up . So easily I’d imagine

if they are the type of player that’s happy to sit on bench we shouldn’t be looking at them

can forget 55 if we dont add quality in this window thats not a knee jerk reactiom to a defeat the signs are there after the Stranraer and st mirren game we need an attacking midfielder or right forward.

anyone who genuienly beleived we didnt need fresh faces is braindead

we need a striker who plays more like Morelos

Based on todays performance we need a central midfielder with some legs. Davis doesn't have it in him to chase games about and Kamara doesn't want to do it. He's not a great player but hard to believe Docherty couldnt have provided a bit of dig today

After that result and the performances since the winter break, I think the answer is yes.

I thought we had the quality in the side to win the league following the last two old firm games but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Regardless of today’s result, we’ve always needed to strengthen the squad. We need a couple in and if we don’t then we can forget the league.

Definitely not going to win nothing with guys like ojo and no striker on the bench actually shocking it should have been done before Dubai

Always worried about a x
They say…whoever they are, that you always should be strengthening when you are in a position of power.We are still, in the driving seat to win this league.Not to mention still in Europe and all to play for in the Scottish Cup.
So for arguments sake should we not be strengthening in this window?
A lot ……at stake this season.
Always worried about a couple of injuries. Not enough squad depth. No areal threat in the box which we need in these games.

Are we not supposed to be having an expected £20m share issue this month? Plus we are likely to be making £25m+ off player sales this summer. Considering how big this title race is, if Gerrard felt we needed a £1/2m player to help us get over the line and we decided against it I would be pretty disappointed.

Thats the mentality that saw us end up where we did. We don’t have an endless amount of money and can’t just throw a couple of million about like it doesn’t matter. We have to stop making losses not add to them. Spending a million or two on a player will guarantee nothing so if the money isn’t there they absolutely shouldn’t spend anything. Maybe pick up a loan or two but forget spending money we don’t have.

We are so dependent on Morelos it’s ridiculous. Defoe is a completely different type of striker and just isn’t the guy to be stuck up on his own without real service and opportunities being created for him.

Between that and not having Tav, we really look a much poorer outfit with just those first picks out.

Since the break we’ve been dire and we’re lucky it was Stranraer and St Boo we were playing too, because better opponents would’ve punished the last two performances too.

Reasonable question, but you'd have to imagine that Gerrard is aware of what we can/can't afford. It may well have been that the decision to go and get Kent in the summer was going to hamper our ability to strengthen in January and that Gerrard decided that it was a price worth paying. In some ways it would be even more frustrating if we go out and bring in a couple more players now as it will seem like a panic.

Yes we have been shite against Stanraer,St Mirren and now this fcking pish tops it,signs have been there since Stanraer,This team like others dont have that cutting edge winning mentality,fcking shocking being dominated by a pish poor hearts team,forget 55 this season slot of our squad dont have the quality or desire.

I’d like an experienced loan striker for cover because we are light in striker options if Alfie gets more suspensions or JD picks up a knock

It’s an insurance policy just in case

Must be someone we could draft in short term
The big striker from young boys that caused us problems at Ibrox isn't getting a game for them just now. He's a good age but would give us a different threat. Loan to the end of the season might be an option

So who is this one player we might be signing?
And if so, does Stevie G have an option to change his mind after the last 3 dismal performances?
Or is it too late!
I think it was JD he was talking about as far as the 'signing' goes.

Back