Should we sell Kamara?

So many looking fo easy targets. Bad night for all the players. Managers fault. Leave it at that. Stevie G would come out after that and hold his hands up and admit he got it wrong. Gio? Doubt it.

What’s the solution then?

I’ve argued till I’m blue in the face with folk about what our players are worth - it’s all opinion based - I want the maximum of a players value. Based on what I’ve seen in Kamara, £10million is about double what I’d expect to get for him. That’s not just knee jerk on tonight’s shambles, and it’s not his fault Gio doesn’t play him in his best position, just being honest I don’t recall him having a 10/10 game in months barring Leipzig.
I wasn’t saying he’s a £10M player. £5-6M is still an impressive profit. But if Forest are splashing cash then £10M is a complete no brainer for a tidy footballer most days, but that for me has become slower and less brave in forward positions albeit he has possesses the abilities.

No. He's pivotal to how we play and a key player in Europe also.
He wasn't tonight, he is a cdm and good at switching defence to attack. Playing in his position last few games he offers nothing. I would of got Jack off at half time and moved him back.

Not playing at his best right now. It’s whether he can get back to the heights we know he can, or does he feel he’s getting stale with us. If so, we have to move him on.

Yes his time is up and to be honest I feel the same about Jack, he gets hyped up to the max on here and yet he’s very rarely fit and when he is I can’t see what he brings to the team.

There was one point tonight where we actually played some good quick passes forward and it goes to Kamara at the edge of the box with options either side in front of him.

He takes 3 or 4 touches giving the defence time to regroup them passes it backwards. He is a possession based player that is not going to play forward decisive passes

I‘m increasingly of the opinion we should sell him and bring in someone that suits the system and a goalkeeper

Very much the modern day CDM - recycles the ball very well and covers the defensive angles nicely.

If we don't need him for this at Rangers then he needs to be moved on. He doesn't offer nearly enough in other positions.

Very much the modern day CDM - recycles the ball very well and covers the defensive angles nicely.

If we don't need him for this at Rangers then he needs to be moved on. He doesn't offer nearly enough in other positions.
It staggers me that people put up with Ryan jacks performances and lack of any fitness but choose to go in on Kamara after one bad performance

Jack was terrible tonight was taking a caravan the time he was on the pitch. Kamara was poor and Lundstram lost as part of a back 3 which is on Gio

Moving forward to get to the next level you keep Kamara and try and get what we can for Jack and buy a fit, dynamic midfielder who knows how to attack teams.

Special mention for Ryan Jack too who was honking.
I know it’s a thread about GK but Jack was awful tonight and I think if he wasn’t Scottish would be getting a lot more criticism than he does.

If we want a player who retains possession against teams who don’t get in your face, (without going forward I may add) then he’s your man!

Slow, ponderous, couldn’t even execute the side ways pass tonight, more often than not injured, doesn’t really score much, not fast, I just cannot see it.

And since the scatter gun is out…Goldson, Tav, barasic, don’t get me started.

Only shining light was the new LB who looked good.

(should note I missed the first 15mins tonight)

Kamara looks like a player whose head has been affected by his "mates" leaving. Cracking player, but does he offer us much now?

I'd move him and Jack on and get a couple of midfielders in capable of hitting more than 3 or 4 shots a season.

He was perfect for a Gerrard midfield. I don't see where he fits into Gio's.

Doesn't trust him as a 6, not dominant enough as an 8, powderpuff as a 10.

Sell, reinvest in a proper number 8 for Gio's tactics.

Back