Si Ferry meets Ian Black

Also said he couldn't take McCoist seriously which speaks volumes.

Is it just me or is he really difficult to understand? Not just his accent but he struggles to pronounce words properly.

Thick twat.

Aye. That’s what I meant by he sounds like a jakey. I was struggling to understand him too

This thread proves our support is like every other support, littered without absolute throbbers.

He wasnt the worst. He wasnt the best. He made a contribution. I genuinely cant think of a single thing he did in our shirt that would make people “detest him”. It baffles me. He may not have been likeable (even that I struggle with). Will I remember him in years to come? Yes, probably. Why? He was part pf the shite in the lower leagues that got us up. Pretty or not. He is part pf our history.

Its easy to throw that shite about hating him around I suppose.
I always try to put this sort of thing in perspective.
If I was suddenly to find myself in a hotel bar with him at midnight and he was the only person to speak to and he approached me, would I tell him to fck off because he is a cvunt and I hate him, or would I be interested instead, to politely share a beer with him and discuss his time at Rangers, an experience that we both very much have in common?

Maybe it is me, but I would enjoy the latter.
I wonder how many of the haters on here would be impolite enough, sincere or even brave enough to choose the former?

If I picked him up right, he said Stuart McCall dropped him for another player because the other players auntie was cutting McCall’ hair. He wasn’t saying this as a joke, he was saying it as if he genuinely believed this to be true.

a wee thuggish ned, that was never rangers class on or off the park. Limited in his play and went hiding when real battles on the park were needed. In a nutshell a sneaky shitbag of a hard man

If I picked him up right, he said Stuart McCall dropped him for another player because the other players auntie was cutting McCall’ hair. He wasn’t saying this as a joke, he was saying it as if he genuinely believed this to be true.

Aircut Aunty?

Probably have to be careful on what I say here.

I was in his company on a couple of occasions, once in his house just past Musselburgh, and I will tell you now how any "Pros" can justify the way he lived his life (and this was while he was at Rangers) is beyond me

A shitebag of a player, a plastic hardman who had the heart of a mouse and the brain of a Etruscan shrew.

He shouldn't be allowed back into Ibrox as a paying customer, let alone be given any goodwill.

We had a team of scumbags from 2011-2015, led by a clueless idiotic manager who was long past caring about Rangers or the mess he was making of it and signing and making Black one of his "Lynchpins" backs this up, the sooner it is a mere boil on our History the better.

Agree with what your saying bar a few players we had 2011-2015 who stayed and fought it out.

You mention about the way he lived his life. What do you mean by that?

The amount of people STILL going on about the Jelavic challenge are embarrassing. Don’t take that personally at all due to what he did to Ledley around the same time.

McCall in the paper today claiming we were booing him at the Hibs game - absolute nonsense.

He comes across as utterly deluded. Clearly thinks he was a better footballer than he was. The fact that he thinks he could have performed in the premier league for us, or even in Warburton's championship team is quite staggering. He basically retired two years after we released him. Whilst the 'wee boy who only got a game because his auntie cut McCall's hair' is still going strong at a pretty decent level.

A genuinely detestable individual.

To save anyone else watching that shite here’s a summary:

He Sounds like a right jakey

Loved McCoist

Claims not to have known who McCall was when he got the Rangers job. But he was a great technical coach

Comes across as a cocky wee shite. Especially when talking about losing his place to Murdoch. Calling him a wee boy and apparently Murdoch only played as his auntie cut Stuart McCall’s hair.

He seems to think that McCall’s scared of him

Cheers mate, saves me watching it.

Black should just be grateful that he didn't lose his place to Murdoch's auntie.

His contribution to Rangers in leagues 3 and 1 seemed to be either to foul someone, to get fouled or to shoot aimlessly from distance.

Ally should never have signed Black, but we now know that Ally was a woeful football manager.

He was one of the worst performers in the championship and McCall was right to bin him.

McCall took us to the play-off final, a squad that basically had to re-do their pre-season in March because they were so unfit.

McCall did us a turn and squeezed just about all he could from possibly our worst ever squad in our worst ever on-field season.

McCall conducts himself with dignity, Black is up there with MOH in a very small band of Rangers players that I despise.

His contribution to Rangers in leagues 3 and 1 seemed to be either to foul someone, to get fouled or to shoot aimlessly from distance.

Ally should never have signed Black, but we now know that Ally was a woeful football manager.

He was one of the worst performers in the championship and McCall was right to bin him.

McCall took us to the play-off final, a squad that basically had to re-do their pre-season in March because they were so unfit.

McCall did us a turn and squeezed just about all he could from possibly our worst ever squad in our worst ever on-field season.

McCall conducts himself with dignity, Black is up there with MOH in a very small band of Rangers players that I despise.

100% spot on. And yes we did boo black after he was found out to be betting against his own team. A little scroat of a player and those that are saying folk mentioning the jelavic challenge are embarrassing. May I counter and ask them to watch the challenge again. Its cowardly, from a limited player that thought he was hard but in reality a wee coward.

Never Rangers class then and never rangers class full stop.

Andy Murdoch at the time was far a better player than Ian Black and was probably on 20% of his wage. Says it all.

Who needs mentally challengeds when you’ve got staunch warriers on here who hate more of our players past or present a lot more than any filth fan could.

100% spot on. And yes we did boo black after he was found out to be betting against his own team. A little scroat of a player and those that are saying folk mentioning the jelavic challenge are embarrassing. May I counter and ask them to watch the challenge again. Its cowardly, from a limited player that thought he was hard but in reality a wee coward.

Never Rangers class then and never rangers class full stop.

Andy Murdoch at the time was far a better player than Ian Black and was probably on 20% of his wage. Says it all.

Given most of that is aimed at my post why not just quote it?

Back