Signing announcements within the next week - SR

Nathan9719972

Says in interview tonight that work with covid and transfers has moved more effectively and news on player incomings within the next week. Any ideas who could be coming? Other than Hladky

“Our planning for next season is well underway, and we were delighted to secure the permanent services of Ianis Hagi on a long term, permanent deal. Ross Wilson is continuing to explore options in the transfer market, we will update on further incoming players within the next week.”​

Lyle Taylor and the keeper from St mirren. Oh and Adam lallana.

‘Within the next week’ suggests it’s a deal that is done or almost done. Most likely St Mirren goalie.

Would take him but reckon he will go for £7/8m this summer minimum knowing England
If we’re paying that for a player who’s only done it in League One and not someone like Shon Weissman who’s scored goals in the Europa League, is available for the same price and has sell on value I’d be disappointed

If we’re paying that for a player who’s only done it in League One and not someone like Shon Weissman who’s scored goals in the Europa League, is available for the same price and has sell on value I’d be disappointed
I'd take a punt on Toney at £3/4m, he will easily step up from League 1. If he isn't playing in the Prem next season he will the season after I think. But we all know how overpriced the English market is and at the price Peterborough want he isn't worth it. I would like Weissman as well but I can't see us spending that much on a striker even if it is Morelos replacement.

Do check out the FourLAds-Blog ... and no, he doesn't mention any concrete names, but tells a few bit about our transfer policy this summer

Would be surprised if there is anything in the Toney rumour, they were apparently wanting £9m+ in January. Maybe that will have come down a bit but we are not spending close to that unless Morelos is sold

Last edited:
Toney is an interesting one he's quick and has an eye for goal and can mix it up a bit but he's built like Aribo looks a tad lightweight not convinced he could lead the line for us tbh.

Back