Silva's Celebration

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
I think the fact he’s doing that while equalising against ten man Killie says more about him than the fans to be honest

I’m not one for abusing a player but it was petulant given his contribution in recent weeks.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
This.

His celebration hasn't bothered me, looks like some people are just looking for something to be raging about. Although, has no one thought the celebration could have been aimed at those pundits who have been giving him stick recently?

I understand that. But he's been fucking dog shit. Last week every chance created from a set piece he was playing everyone onside. This week constant attempts to win an unwinnable ball resulting in fouls to them.

If he was playing excellent (or even decent) then fair enough. The groans are justified. He's managing to do the unthinkable and (nearly) unite all the minds of FF. That is quite something.

Silva actually had one of his better games today. First half he was our only player who looked like he might get a goal. Overall performance was alright.

I've no issues with his celebration.
Need to make sure he’s focused next week and blocks out the scum support.

A fully focused Fabio Silva with Ridvan at left back could be really important next week.

I think the fact he’s doing that while equalising against ten man Killie says more about him than the fans to be honest

oh so scoring against Killie doesn't matter?

yet I've had to watch people go crazy for a bit of Cantwell skill against some other jobbers.

it was a vital goal, they all are now.

but lets rag doll our own players as we face the biggest challenge of the season.

Some fans:
Haw Silva f*CK off ya useless c*nt
Yer f*ckin hopeless ya dick
Stop Rollin about like you've been fuckin shot ya c*nt

Silva:
scores and makes the shut it gesture

Same fans:
How dare he!
Pearls well and truly clutched
Outrage

See if you're big enough to give it out, you're big enough to get it back

An absolutely ridiculous celebration considering the stage the game was at.

An equaliser at home against ten men and he hits out with that pish?

Get the ball and get back to centre.
Would you rather no celebration?

The guy took a lot of stick recently some justified for rolling about but for the scum and scum media and tabloids he got labelled a diver when truth was not once did he dive but 4 of their players did and got fouls for the lot of them!

Cut the guy some slack some of our own were falling for their propaganda pish!

This.

His celebration hasn't bothered me, looks like some people are just looking for something to be raging about. Although, has no one thought the celebration could have been aimed at those pundits who have been giving him stick recently?

No as he was giving hand gestures to the fans.

oh so scoring against Killie doesn't matter?

yet I've had to watch people go crazy for a bit of Cantwell skill against some other jobbers.

it was a vital goal, they all are now.

but lets rag doll our own players as we face the biggest challenge of the season.
Where did I say it doesn’t matter?

Let me rephrase for you. It says it all about his mentality if he thinks that goal today makes up for his form over the past few weeks.

If he scored the winner next week - fair enough give your critics both barrels but for the money he’s paid and reputation he has we need more than a goal v Killie.

This.

Why the circular motion to all the stands? Doesn't make sense.

Where did I say it doesn’t matter?

Let me rephrase for you. It says it all about his mentality if he thinks that goal today makes up for his form over the past few weeks.

If he scored the winner next week - fair enough give your critics both barrels but for the money he’s paid and reputation he has we need more than a goal v Killie.

we won't be there next week to give it both barrels when he puts they fuckers to the sword.

he done it in advance :cool:

Almost all footballers get abuse from their own fans on social media when they are on a long bad run of form. It's just something footballers have to live with, its part of their job as being a public entertainer.

The fans indirectly pay the wages of the players, Silva's salary is said to be quite high and he has delivered a lot of poor performances.

The way Silva behaves can be very immature and petulant, he has a lot of growing up to do. Even in other games when he has been playing badly and gets subbed off his reaction to getting subbed off is really bad, he shows that he is not happy about it with very immature body language.

If he doesn't want to get abuse or get subbed off the simple fix is just put more effort into his performances and play better football.

Would you rather no celebration?

The guy took a lot of stick recently some justified for rolling about but for the scum and scum media and tabloids he got labelled a diver when truth was not once did he dive but 4 of their players did and got fouls for the lot of them!

Cut the guy some slack some of our own were falling for their propaganda pish!
Yes I would rather no celebration considering where the game was at the time.

You can't call the criticism of him justified and then say people are falling for propaganda pish. That doesn't make any sense.

So what it was embarrassing to watch he’s a daft wee guy who thinks he’s the bees knees he’s looks rank rotten in the Scottish league nevermind Wolves

what is embarrassing is watching Rangers fans falling over themselves to slag their own players.

I don't care how he does, if begs, cheats or steals us a win next week.

supposing he has to roll over as Carter Vickers falls right into his hoop to get that win I don't care.

I really don't.

Aye getting abuse is unfortunately part and parcel of being a footballer. Fucking idiotic to rile up his own fans, considering he's been pish overall and all he'd done today was equalise against 10 man Killie.

Last edited:
Back