Sima and Dowell back in full training.

Our squad is starting to look strong at just the right time, we just need to find the right balance in the final third and there will be good times ahead.

Maybe Sima, Silva and Cantwell as our front 3.

Lundstram Diomande
??? Cantwell Sima
Silva

With Roofe and Dessers options up top 2

Just need to work out who plays wide right and that looks pretty tasty to me!

Lundstram Diomande
??? Cantwell Sima
Silva

With Roofe and Dessers options up top 2

Just need to work out who plays wide right and that looks pretty tasty to me!
Would be an exciting attacking lineup with Cortes playing in that wide right role, I believe that was even his preferred position it's such a shame about that injury!

Dunno how good Sima is on the right, but if so then you could put Lawrence out on the left and really go gung-ho.
McCausland will be fine in there though, extremely happy with that

Would be an exciting attacking lineup with Cortes playing in that wide right role, I believe that was even his preferred position it's such a shame about that injury!

Dunno how good Sima is on the right, but if so then you could put Lawrence out on the left and really go gung-ho.
That's not a bad shout with Sima and Lawrence, assuming Sima was comfortable left. Cantwell, Larwence and Sima could probably all rotate to a degree?

That's not a bad shout with Sima and Lawrence, assuming Sima was comfortable left. Cantwell, Larwence and Sima could probably all rotate to a degree?
Yeah good point would probably involve a lot of rotation, including Silva's rotations with Cantwell which were proving fruitful, certainly a lot of goal threats in that line-up though :))

Sima played on the right at previous clubs - I think you could get a very similar output from him on that side as he offers on the left, given his style of play.

He's not really about cutting inside, linking up, beating people that way - he's very direct, strong and quick.

The only concern would be the overall balance of the team. Tav has been tucking in more when we're attacking, and the wide right player stays pretty wide until we're quite far up the pitch. Sima often plays like a second striker even when starting out wide, so I'm not sure he'd stretch the game on that side as much as someone like McCausland. That's just guesswork, in the main, of course!

If Sima can pick up from where he left of then that's a huge boost for us.

Added bonus in Dowell being back. He was just starting to contribute before his injury in January.
If he’d lifted his head in the last minute a the scumhut, he might have been able to pick out Tavernier at the back post!
Not a dig, just a dream.

Terrific news.

I wasn't expecting to see Danilo or Cortes again this season but feared it may be as long for Sima.

Welcoming injured players back for the title run in……

Knowing the next big injury is just a game away

southampton-fc.gif

Bonus on Dowell being fit, Strider thought he’d never play for us again.
He is a very capable player let’s hope he finds his stride and maintains it until summer as he imo has that X factor of ‘moments’ in his game .

Re sima and Dowell we know they are back in full training but do we know from which date ?

As another guy said I forgot about dowell I don't think he will be here next year and the way some are talking he was excellent when he played 7 games and 344 minutes is shocking for a guy that's no doubt very well played
Sterling has played better and its not even his natural position

I’m a fan of Dowell, he gives good creativity especially when played deeper but think he’ll struggle to get in the side with Diomande, Lawrence and Cantwell all available. Still a good option to have.

Sima is a massive boost. Just a shame we don’t have cortes as well

Go and watch Barisic again in recent times culminating in the Kilmarnock embarrassment… there’s no doubt. Sterling is 10x the player, even at LB.

Sterling played right back v Morton, he was honking, he played left back v celtic, he was honking. He has done ok out wide but was honking at the home defeat to Motherwell, he has started about 10 games for us on a variety of positions, but midfield seems to suit him best.

Hopefully sima goes through a goals stage again when fully back. We’re getting players back now and we need them.

Dowell has been unlucky with injuries but he’s a decent player and may feature in the remaining games with rotation.
am not buying this pish unlucky with injuries

he was injury prone when he signed and plenty warned us about it

Yes and we keep on signing players with prior injuries. The chances are they will continue to get injured. If we get a bit of luck they stay fit for longer.

We were warned and didn’t listen yes.

Probably best to wait til 2pm tomorrow before we fly in saying this guy will or won’t definitely start.

Manager has said not in contention for 90. He didn’t mention X players not being able to start a match.
A will fly in and say they won’t start.

Hopefully we're a few goals up and can get a few minutes on the board for Sima. All going well, I'd seriously consider starting him against the beasts.

Back