Sima Danilo Cortez

We’ve managed to break all three, physically.

I’d like a full refresh across the board, and at least two strikers capable of rotating so avoid burnout and injuries.

I’m more than happy with Danilo, Dessers, Sima and Cortes as options.

But then the other 3 need to be as good/better than them. They do not need to be Wright, McAusland and Matondo.

Agree we need a No.9

Think harsh to judge Danilo considering the brutal injuries he’s had.
Are you forgetting that our number 9 has 22 goals and 8 assists this season?
His first season at the club under some pretty tough circumstances at times. If we had goals from midfield and the wings then we would've had more than enough to win the league. Our goals coming from 3 players this season (1 was injured for half of it) is what killed us.

Also folk throwing Danilo in as a first pick is just weird given how we've seen relatively little from him in his time here.

If Danilo comes back at the same level that would be great but we can't rely on getting the player we thought we were signing. He's had a very serious injury.

Sima Cortez and a new 9 would be good. Danilo working back to fitness off the bench and if he proves himself then all the better. Even Dessers in there with a consistently fit Sima and Cortez may have been enough for us this season. Squad needs to be fitter and stronger.

Not convinced by Danilo as our main striker.

Cortes and Sima back on loan would be boost for the wide positions but the whole forward line need rebuilt this summer.

His first season at the club under some pretty tough circumstances at times.

Also folk throwing Danilo in as a first pick is just weird given how we've seen relatively little from him in his time here.

It’s a good return for Dessers but his all round game isn’t good enough for me. Cant hold it up, ball doesn’t stick. He could’ve had about 35 goals with the sitters he’s missed.

Wish him well but would take our money back there if we could.

Danilo signed for £6m. That’s a big outlay for us and suggests to me he was meant to be a starting player. But time will tell I suppose.

His first season at the club under some pretty tough circumstances at times. If we had goals from midfield and the wings then we would've had more than enough to win the league. Our goals coming from 3 players this season (1 was injured for half of it) is what killed us.

Also worth remembering Dessers had about 3 goals when Clement came in. His ratio since is at the level of a 30 goal a season striker, despite the amount of chances he misses.

Danilo is a decent number 2, he doesn't score enough to be number 1.

New first choice number 9, Danilo and Shankland would be good options next season imo.

Sima when he plays makes a massive difference to us. My only concern with him is that, according to something I read, he missed a lot of games with injury before coming here. Don’t know how accurate that is.

Even before his injuries I was never convinced by him to be honest.

Are either of these two going to be the striker to fire us to a title. I really don't think so. And that's the bottom line.

Don’t think the lad ever had a clear decent run being fully fit.

He’s got a part to play for me, 100%. Along with a new No.9

I wasn't overtly impressed with Danilo, although he looked technically good. Cortes is another that looked good before injury and Sima has been dogged with injury problems.

We need better forwards who are not going to be sitting out for long periods.

Thoughts on this front 3?

Think would be decent. Pace down the wings and can chip in with goals.

Danilo and hopefully a new No.9 to share the burden at centre forward.
Unless Cortez is decent out wide right I don't fancy putting Sima back out RW. He was decent during that short spell but for me he wasn't as effective as he was out wide left. Ideally we have a left footed option for RW so we can change it up.

Unless Cortez is decent out wide right I don't fancy putting Sima back out RW. He was decent during that short spell but for me he wasn't as effective as he was out wide left. Ideally we have a left footed option for RW so we can change it up.

Apparently Cortez is actually a right winger, he was only on the left due to Sima being injured.

We won't sign Sima. Too expensive and that money could be used to sign 2 or 3 players.

Yeah unfortunately it seems he's now a luxury we can't afford after losing out on the league.

It's exasperating that if we did sign him, then we'll all be struggling to justify it. His January injury was the catalyst for the malaise in my opinion. It basically confirmed that ridiculous injuries were going to continue to plague us. Injured in training on international duty ffs!

Dessers is a funny one. He probably isnt good enough, but this season he's been in our top four or five best players through his goals alone. Yes, he should have had more etc, but he's contributed and it's not his fault we aren't champions.

Just for clarity, I'm not saying he is the answer, but he's won us a load of games this year just by having a good strikers instinct. Chances dry up when someone else is at 9.

I do think we need someone that has his knack for finding space in the box, but knows when to try and beat a defender or hit it first time. I'd say he's probably close to being the least of our worries right now.

It looks decent but I’m just sick of us playing a 433. I’m ready for a 442 or a 352. A team full of hard working units with a goalscorer
We'll never play 3 at the back in the league and rightly so 3 centre backs to mark someone like Curtis Main would be madness

Tin hat, if we could get anything near the fee we paid for Danillo I would sell.

We need better in the no 9 position.

Sima on loan would be a excellent business.

Sima has a history of injuries.

Danilo isn't a natural goalscorer and there is no knowing the impact of his injury.

Cortes is on a low wage, so low risk if the fee is reasonable, but we don't know if he will now be injury prone as a result of his current injury.

If Danilo comes back at the same level that would be great but we can't rely on getting the player we thought we were signing. He's had a very serious injury.

Sima Cortez and a new 9 would be good. Danilo working back to fitness off the bench and if he proves himself then all the better. Even Dessers in there with a consistently fit Sima and Cortez may have been enough for us this season. Squad needs to be fitter and stronger.
Why are most on here counting on Sìma ??? I would love him to be here next season but our best chance of that happening is a season loan ,

We can’t afford to spend £6m on a striker to sit on the bench. Either Danilo is the starter or he’s sold, although probably for a loss given his injury

Danilo was our big money signing and we got half an hour of him v celtic this season. I've just accepted now we are utterly fucking cursed

Thoughts on this front 3?

Think would be decent. Pace down the wings and can chip in with goals.

Danilo and hopefully a new No.9 to share the burden at centre forward.
2 guys with a bad injury each behind them, and a £6m front man who missed chances every bit as bad as Dessers has. Sima and Cortes question mark, probably don't have the dosh to make Sima permanent. Can't see a frontline led by Danilo taking us where we need to go.

We will never see it - which is a shocking indictment of our medical set up.
Sima is not our player and got injured while away at AFCON and Danilo’s face got smashed up by a thug which set him back months, Cortez only just in the door before tearing his thigh (from memory), not enough time for our medical boys to %^*& him up, although I believe our medical department may have questions to answer, you might be a tad harsh on this occasion?

Cortez is also coming back from a serious injury Rangers should be trying to get him on loan from Lens for another season, buying him this summer would be a risk until he's shown his hamstring teare hasn't slowed him down permanently,Also Danilo is still relatively unproven

Back