Sima Danilo Cortez

I think Hearts would choose to let him leave for free than sell for £2m, as he could be worth more than that to them with some goals in Europe.

They've set their price, they're saying they won't change it much this summer - it's a possibility, but I wouldn't bank on Shankland being available for anything under £4m despite said contract situation.

I'm pretty sure that we could sell Dessers and get Shankland and profit from the deal.

As much as Dessers has done well for us, I think I would make the trade.

They would need to win about 4 games in Europe to make that kind of money from keeping him for a year.

If they had got him to sign the contract in Jan I would agree with you. Those talks breaking down pretty much ensured that he will be sold this summer IMO. The logical destination is to us.

I would be astounded if he is not our player by the first game of the season.

Really not sure what you are basing that assessment on.

Fact he’s played for Ajax and feyenoord winning Dutch titles with both.

Fact he averages a league goal with us every 133 minutes.

Fact he was very good in the games prior to the injury, Sparta goal and assist, hearts at Hampden 2 assists in semi final, then hearts game before injury he missed two sitters but his movement and overall play was good.

If you can’t see it with Danilo it’s a you problem.

He’s levels above dessers, in finishing, all round play, movement, pressing, involvement in the build up, the lot.

We need a new number 9.

Neither Danilo or Dessers are good enough.
A number 9 is about 10th position on the list of priorities (11th if Butland goes!). Both players are easily good enough for us and after he settled Dessers has scored 22 goals (could have been 30 if taken penalty kicks) and has scored in the big games. Danilo is supposedly the better player!

We need players to create them more chances and a defence that doesn’t crumble when under pressure.

Mental that our first choice front 3 have never played together

Danilo is underrated on here, he is a very good player and him dragging defenders creates space for sima and Cortes in behind
Underrated? I’ve not seen anyone underrate Danilo. If anything he is being massively overhyped on here based on nothing other than him being better than Dessers when he was at his absolute worst in the first half of last season.

Shankland should be brought in for next season, and I'm not totally against the idea of Nisbett coming in to replace Roofe on about a quarter of his wages as a backup.

Dessers has been good for us, but he is infuriating at the same time. If we can get about £4m back for him, and Bring in Shankland for £2m then that would be okay.

That would give us a front 3 of Shankland, Danilo and Nisbett. Hopefully Danilo shines and becomes the automatic first choice, but if not, we move him on in the next window and replace.

Shankland and Nisbett are proven goal scorers in Scotland, will be fairly cheap in both fees and wages. Both help with the homegrown rules too.

Savings here would help fund for someone like Lennon Miller or David Watson to come in and replace Ryan Jack.

This would give us a proven Scottish core at affordable levels, and allow the rest of our budget to go on foreign players who will hopefully be excellent.
None of those suggestions moves us a single inch forward.

Kevin Nisbet ? Come on now, 5 goals from 27 appearances, injured with hamgstring problems and then banned from the squad following a disciplinary issue.

I'd rather we stuck with Dessers than implement any of those suggestions.

My concern would be Danilo does not have the physicality to hold the ball up and link the play which you need if you are playing one striker.

Cortes has potential, I’m not convinced we can risk paying big money for Sima when he has now missed large chunks of the last two season.
the only injuries he's had in the last 2 seasons have been the hamstring injuries he's recently had with us, although I'd still be concerned as it's a hammy

Which 2 have no pace? i would say both Sima and Cortes are quick

Danilo will have to wait to see what kind of pace he has after his injury, pace in itself is useless if not used correctly (see matondo for details) as where look across the city apart from Maeda there front 3 are not what you would describe as pacey (Kyogo / Palma / Forrest / Idah) but there movement and speed of thought is more than enough to cause issues in the SPL.
Cortes is not fast for a winger. Skillful but not fast. He wouldn’t take many full backs for pace. His serious knee injury won’t have made him any quicker.

I’m not sure in this regard Celtics forwards are a great comparison. They had problems scoring goals at times this season and I’d be amazed if they don’t change things.

You could hold quite a high line against that front 3 as long as you had 1 quick defender to cover Sima

Sima and Cortes have to be loans again with options to buy for next season. It's less risk and we can evaluate if injuries are going to be an on-going concern. Their parent clubs aren't going to want to play them either so it's a win win for both parties unless someone else comes in with money for them.

Take away penalties and Dessers is 1 behind Shankland, who some people believe would have been our saviour, Danilo needs to be given an opportunity as we haven’t seen enough of him as a fit player, we need another a tad above the level of those two, plus an extended loan for Cortes and replacements for Silva and Sima (unless we get Sima at a bargain price), that just leaves a RB, 2 CHs, a LB and 2 midfielders, :rolleyes:

Underrated? I’ve not seen anyone underrate Danilo. If anything he is being massively overhyped on here based on nothing other than him being better than Dessers when he was at his absolute worst in the first half of last season.

He’s been called pish multiple times on this thread.

Look at the games he started in

He started livi at home in the league - scored in win
St Johnstone away league - scored in win
Dundee away league - scored and assisted in win
Aberdeen away league -nothing in draw
Hearts away league - injured in win

Servette home - that idiot played him
Left wing and he was pish but we won
Servette away - missed a sitter - draw
Aris home - assist - draw
Sparta home - goal and assist - win

Hearts semi - started set up both goals in a 2-0 win

All three have had serious injuries that have meant they’ve missed significant parts of the season. I’d be worried relying on them as your starting trio up front unless we had sufficient back up.

None of those suggestions moves us a single inch forward.

Kevin Nisbet ? Come on now, 5 goals from 27 appearances, injured with hamgstring problems and then banned from the squad following a disciplinary issue.

I'd rather we stuck with Dessers than implement any of those suggestions.
Nisbett is a suggestion for replacing Roofe and would have offered more this season than Roofe did, for a fraction of the money.

Shankland is player of the year and top scorer in the league. If you don't think having Shankland would move us forward at all, then I question your sanity.

Danilo is such a weird one to me.

I genuinely forget he exists. Constantly.

And I dare say he’ll be here next season as it would be difficult to move him on after a bad injury, unless it was on loan.

Sima, Danilo and Cortes could all potentially struggle for fitness initially having all had surgery this season. I think we'd need another option unless our fitness issues are remedied during the summer

Are you forgetting that our number 9 has 22 goals and 8 assists this season?
His first season at the club under some pretty tough circumstances at times. If we had goals from midfield and the wings then we would've had more than enough to win the league. Our goals coming from 3 players this season (1 was injured for half of it) is what killed us.

Also folk throwing Danilo in as a first pick is just weird given how we've seen relatively little from him in his time here.

To be honest, the same could be said to the folk righting Danilo off?

Fact he was very good in the games prior to the injury, Sparta goal and assist, hearts at Hampden 2 assists in semi final, then hearts game before injury he missed two sitters but his movement and overall play was good.

He’s levels above dessers, in finishing, all round play, movement, pressing, involvement in the build up, the lot.
Totally agree with this and I think Dessers movement is decent but Danilo is a totally different level of player to him. If he played the same amount of Dessers this year he would have 30+ goals for us and we would be a better team with his movement.

Just had 2 freak injuries that he couldn't do much about. Rangers are a better team with Danilo in it compared to Dessers.

Being better than Dessers is a very low bar. As for the Ajax thing he was a bit part player who scored two goals in 14 appearances. He might come good but I wouldn’t be hanging my hat on him for next season.

We won't sign Sima. Too expensive and that money could be used to sign 2 or 3 players.
As long as his injuries have just been bad luck, I'd rather have 1 Sima. We haven't had guaranteed goals from the flanks in about 15 years.

Not sure what his injury record was prior to us.

Dessers is our main striker now. We need to see how Danilo has recovered first, although he does have something about him that could bag a shit load of goals.

We need consistency in defence and midfield then rotate our forward line so that we don't end up with them going stale or injured.

Dessers / Danilo / New Striker
Cortes / New Attacking midfielder
Sima / McCausland

New striker needs to be a different option. A big bastard who will rough up defenders and header anything.

It looks decent but I’m just sick of us playing a 433. I’m ready for a 442 or a 352. A team full of hard working units with a goalscorer
Thought they always played 4231 and the 3 never seemed to help out defensively which is why they too open and lose. Thought Sterling should always be right back and Tavernier moved forward as never been able to defend.

Thought they always played 4231 and the 3 never seemed to help out defensively which is why they too open and lose. Thought Sterling should always be right back and Tavernier moved forward as never been able to defend.
There are plenty of fans who think they know best believe this nonsense.

To be honest, the same could be said to the folk righting Danilo off?
Yeah 100%
I just find it weird folk are binning Dessers off for him. Fair enough if you don't rate the Nutmegging Nigerian Nightmare, but to have Danilo in ahead of him is harsh.

Any worse than Dessers?!

Not much in it but I'd say say Danilo had more shockers than Dessers. I'm not saying I'd get rid of him btw he may come good. But it's a big risk if he was the starting no 9, also many players don't come back the same after such a long lay off.

Danilo is a bit of a problem for us tbh

Not good enough to be a starter, too expensive to be a bench warmer and injured/not played enough to sell.

He’s a drain on resources through next year unfortunately.

We need a new 9, but we’ve got a lot of money wrapped up in two guys who are back ups in Dessers and Danilo.

Not much in it but I'd say say Danilo had more shockers than Dessers. I'm not saying I'd get rid of him btw he may come good. But it's a big risk if he was the starting no 9, also many players don't come back the same after such a long lay off.
Dessers is an odd one, occasionally looks like he’s playing in treacle and that’s why we can’t and don’t trust him. Danilo, just haven’t seen enough but feels similar. Quite a stretch to get him back fully fit for August.

I’m relieved that there’s no mention of the one player I can’t bear to hear mentioned as a first team option, Matondo, genuinely the poorest player at the basics I’ve ever seen at our club, including the early 80s and the lower league years! I know most of the fan base have realised he’s rubbish but there are still, unbelievablyy, a handful who think he offers something positive.

The sitters Danilo missed pre injury were easily on course for Dessers level of misses.

I like Dessers tho, just get him to shoot 0.5-1 second sooner and he’s got 35+. Danilo a useful squad player especially with his pace.

I would be concerned with Sima and Cortez injury issues. All too familiar.

Cortes is not fast for a winger. Skillful but not fast. He wouldn’t take many full backs for pace. His serious knee injury won’t have made him any quicker.

I’m not sure in this regard Celtics forwards are a great comparison. They had problems scoring goals at times this season and I’d be amazed if they don’t change things.

You could hold quite a high line against that front 3 as long as you had 1 quick defender to cover Sima
Cortes injury wasnt to his knee.

but i take the point it may impact his speed as its muscular.

Danilo might just be the first player in FF history who got worse with each passing game he was out. Strange to me that people have written him off given we barely seen him to make a judgement either way.

Danilo might just be the first player in FF history who got worse with each passing game he was out. Strange to me that people have written him off given we barely seen him to make a judgement either way.

He's a striker that's got excellent anticipation of where the ball will end up in the box and great movement to make space. So he'll end up with loads of chances. It was ridiculous in some games how many chances he'd get.

But he also doesn't look a great finisher so he'll miss a lot of chances.

That type of player will always polarise opinion.

Danilo is a bit of a problem for us tbh

Not good enough to be a starter, too expensive to be a bench warmer and injured/not played enough to sell.

He’s a drain on resources through next year unfortunately.

We need a new 9, but we’ve got a lot of money wrapped up in two guys who are back ups in Dessers and Danilo.

You're 2/3rds right mate, you just forgot about Sam Lammers who's in exactly the same category.

We would be foolish to spend money on Sima or Cortes given their serious injuries.

Even another loan deal could be a waste of money in wages.

We should be looking at other options who have clean injury records.

We would be foolish to spend money on Sima or Cortes given their serious injuries.

Even another loan deal could be a waste of money in wages.

We should be looking at other options who have clean injury records.
I'd agree with this, unless the loan deals are partial wage payments with a break clause in January.

We need to go extreme on injuries. We should be looking at players with the best injury records.

He's a striker that's got excellent anticipation of where the ball will end up in the box and great movement to make space. So he'll end up with loads of chances. It was ridiculous in some games how many chances he'd get.

But he also doesn't look a great finisher so he'll miss a lot of chances.

That type of player will always polarise opinion.
I was really impressed with his movement from what I saw but he obviously missed a few big chances and that seems to have put people off him.

Hopefully he can recover fully from the injury and put it behind him. We need him to hit the ground running for these qualifiers.

Nisbett is a suggestion for replacing Roofe and would have offered more this season than Roofe did, for a fraction of the money.

Shankland is player of the year and top scorer in the league. If you don't think having Shankland would move us forward at all, then I question your sanity.
And I’d question yours.

Replacing one injury prone single digit goal attacker for another who has disciplinary issues into the bargain is just plain stupidity.

As for shankland, he’s pretty much what we have in Dessers but with penalty taking abilities. The only benefit to shankland for us is that he’s scotttish for the European squad.

You’re at best replacing like for like and squandering our limited resources to get us there .

Kevin Nisbet B-D

Dessers is our main striker now. We need to see how Danilo has recovered first, although he does have something about him that could bag a shit load of goals.

We need consistency in defence and midfield then rotate our forward line so that we don't end up with them going stale or injured.

Dessers / Danilo / New Striker
Cortes / New Attacking midfielder
Sima / McCausland

New striker needs to be a different option. A big bastard who will rough up defenders and header anything.
Spot on
Definitely need another striker
Shankland or Michy Batshuayi Belgium striker plays in turkey
We were interested in him last summer as a year left of contract ?
depends on wages

It is Oscar Cortes folks I would like him to be back on a LTB like most fans .

Let’s see what he has over a longer period

Back