Sky Sports Footage RTC - Pre Kilmarnock

Boom Toon Bear

SSN were live at the RTC about 30 minutes ago and Benstead specifically mentioned that there was no Connor Goldson at training today, which is interesting. From watching the footage, I could not see any sign of Ridvan, however Borna was there.

It will be interesting to see what the manager's update is later today, I hope he is pressed on the Ridvan injury, as his "short term" injury is now becoming pretty long term.

Hopefully that’s wrong as he was meant to be in full training this week.
We’re going to have to play Sterling at LB at the midden if hens not fit this week which makes our midfield options weaker.

Getting beyond frustrating.

I got sent a picture supposed to be from Skysports of Rodgers and McGregor at Auchenhowie this morning

I got sent a picture supposed to be from Skysports of Rodgers and McGregor at Auchenhowie this morning
6fe.jpg

SSN were live at the RTC about 30 minutes ago and Benstead specifically mentioned that there was no Connor Goldson at training today, which is interesting. From watching the footage, I could not see any sign of Ridvan, however Borna was there.

It will be interesting to see what the manager's update is later today, I hope he is pressed on the Ridvan injury, as his "short term" injury is now becoming pretty long term.
No real surprise with Ridvan. EVERY injury at Ibrox becomes long term. Until we have a full overhaul of our medical physio staff nothing will ever change.

I hope someone asks Clement if our sleepy approach to every early kick off will be addressed?
The last four league games could have seen us go behind in the opening seconds due to our passive start. In the game against Celtic we did lose a goal.

I'd definitely start Sterling at left on Sunday against Armstrong regardless of whether Yilmaz is training or not.

The season is a total fucking shitshow, poor management of contracts, players going off the boil and a constant line to the treatment table. We are actually doing our level best to try and not win this fucking thing.

The big picture is being totally ignored if we have written this title off. The scum will go further ahead and with another £60m in their coffers the gap at some point becomes unassailable.

Hopefully that’s wrong as he was meant to be in full training this week.
We’re going to have to play Sterling at LB at the midden if hens not fit this week which makes our midfield options weaker.

Getting beyond frustrating.

By midfield options, do you mean central midfield or are you including the wide positions?

Because I don't think the manager has any intention of playing Sterling in central midfield any time soon. That is just based on recent evidence though, I accept I could be well off.

The season is a total fucking shitshow, poor management of contracts, players going off the boil and a constant line to the treatment table. We are actually doing our level best to try and not win this fucking thing.

The big picture is being totally ignored if we have written this title off. The scum will go further ahead and with another £60m in their coffers the gap at some point becomes unassailable.
That the CL worth 60 million now is it? Was only 40 a couple of weeks ago.

That’s what the new format is commonly being reported as yes. Can’t be arsed finding a source for it. No idea tbf but it probably includes a lot of tv money and as there’s more games additional money for each team.

That’s what the new format is commonly being reported as yes. Can’t be arsed finding a source for it. No idea tbf but it probably includes a lot of tv money and as there’s more games additional money for each team.
There's definitely going to be more prize money and extra cash due to the additional games, but that will also apply to the EL (although it won't be the same levels and I appreciate the CL is worth a good bit more).

Us missing out on the CL will not be good at all, but assuming we end up in the EL we at least have a chance to gets some wins which boots the cash and more importantly the coefficient points.

The narrative around how much the CL is worth seems to entirely depend if we qualify or not though.

Its meant to be going up to £40m for the tv/ coefficient money with the new format. Tickets sales/ hospitality for 4 games would probably be another £12-£15m and then money for every result and final place in the league table (£1.8m win £600k draw). It won't be far off £60m.

If we are offered anything for Ridvan we must take it hopeless having a player who’s injured more time than he’s available to play.
I agree on this, I really what he brings on the field as a player but he’s constantly injured, I read a stat apparently he’s played 1 less game than Roofe since being at the club, any drain on money and resources!

It wouldn't be a surprise to me to read that Goldson has been playing through the pain barrier for weeks for the cause, but he's now broken down. His loyalty to the club would see that happen.

It's just a pity some of the loudmouths on FF don't show the same loyalty and compassion to players like Goldson who'll run through brick walls for the club.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me to read that Goldson has been playing through the pain barrier for weeks for the cause, but he's now broken down. His loyalty to the club would see that happen.

It's just a pity some of the loudmouths on FF don't show the same loyalty and compassion to players like Goldson who'll run through brick walls for the club.
Every chance he has been. But that’s when we should have been quicker and stronger in removing him from the side.

His errors have been costly

as much as Ridvan brings something to the team I think he’s one we should possibly look to move as well.

Could get money for him and get someone more robust. We just can’t afford first team player level players sitting on the sidelines I’ve had my fill of them

Another one who’s unavailable more than he’s available.

If we can get close to getting our money back we should jump at the chance.

as much as Ridvan brings something to the team I think he’s one we should possibly look to move as well.

Could get money for him and get someone more robust. We just can’t afford first team player level players sitting on the sidelines I’ve had my fill of them
As difficult as it may feel, we really need to move players on when they are actually having a good spell, not wait until they've confirmed they are perma-crocks.

I wanted Ridvan to move on in Jan, when he was playing quite well, as he may have attracted a good fee at that point, and I don't think he's the long-term answer at left-back for us. But most people saw a couple of good performances from him and started saying he should be a central part of our team going forward.

Hopefully we'll still get decent money for him in the summer, but probably his value has dropped due to yet another injury.

The mantra needs to be: Sell when the value is high. If we'd applied that to Morelos and Kent we'd be in a lot better shape at this point in my opinion.

Like everyone on here I am so pissed off with the amount of injuries, and the amount of time to recover from them.
One of their kamikaze pilots who was reportedly out for the season has made a remarkable recovery…….
You couldn’t make it up..we’ve got Jack, Roofe, Ridvan, Danilo, Cortes, Matundo, Sima all fighting for the one bed!!!

I agree on this, I really what he brings on the field as a player but he’s constantly injured, I read a stat apparently he’s played 1 less game than Roofe since being at the club, any drain on money and resources!
According to Transfermarkt Roofe has 100 appearances for us while Yilmaz has 43 so I'm not sure how they'd have came up with that stat

Definitely. We can’t keep carrying injury prone players when we don’t have a massive squad. I think we can do better anyway to be honest.

If we are honest, we need to factor this into the Sima deal, too.

He was injured for a good chunk of his loan at Stoke, and he’s now missed a third of our season, with a comeback and reinjury there too.

We know we will be playing 55-65 games a season, so anyone that can’t hack the schedule isn’t much use.

Questions should have been asked why our players failed to bust a gut against Ross county.

No real surprise with Ridvan. EVERY injury at Ibrox becomes long term. Until we have a full overhaul of our medical physio staff nothing will ever change.

I hope someone asks Clement if our sleepy approach to every early kick off will be addressed?
The last four league games could have seen us go behind in the opening seconds due to our passive start. In the game against Celtic we did lose a goal.
Pretty well what I feel too.

If we signed the best, most robust, biggest, strongest, toughest players in world football today, they'd end up as footnotes in the global sporting injuries record books.

Back