Sky sports launching sky sports+ streaming service

I can assure you im really not, i work in IT i know how to set them up, I know how the servers work, my neighbour sell’s these sticks and has done for many years, out of the 6 ive had ive had probably double that in subscriptions everyone has let me down at some point 1 including an OF game where i had to go out to a pub and missed 20 minutes, (Ive still got one for when on holiday in UK or working away)

If your trying to tell me you have NEVER had an issue with a dodgy stick your lying
Honestly never had an issue.Same bloke for 4 years.i think it may have paused briefly a couple of times but that's it

Thats why the blackout should be removed, clubs will be far more open to it if it meant not having to move games to avoid it.
Removing it doesn't mean you can't still move games if you are going get more income if the broadcaster has some control over the match scheduling - you can apply some rules on that

Honestly never had an issue.Same bloke for 4 years.i think it may have paused briefly a couple of times but that's it
No matter who it’s comes from, it’s linked to a handful of sources anyway. Usually comes down to hardware, software and vpn etc. you must be the luckiest guy in history with it only buffering twice in 4 years..

It would still never be low enough to satisfy the people who want to pay next to nothing though. So most wouldn't change from £80 a year or the likes to £20 a month even if they were getting all the games at that price.

And when the money falls out of the game, as it would if prices shot down, who pays? The match going fans would be charged more, the have-nots in football would have even less (and we're in that bracket in a worldwide sense), and the game just gets worse. Taking money out of anything rarely leads to things getting better, I'd argue.
The end outcome is less money for everyone involved in football, including players. The fans should be the ones dictating the prices, and as long as people are happy paying £100pm for Sky or whatever, nothing will change.

The players don’t play better based on how much they earn. The end product won’t get worse, it will just be more accessible for all involved.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if there are plans for Virgin to start broadcasting Sky Sports in UHD

I want our game to rise up rather than everyone else to be dragged down, personally.
It can rise up as our game is rotten currently but it would be marginal levels. There’s absolutely no appetite in the wider game for small national leagues to compete or be able to get into a competitive state.

Paying Sky crazy prices per month does nothing for Rangers or Scottish Football, that’s on Sky & more so on Doncaster for failing at his role.

The EPL, and the Championship to an extent has been bad for Europe, and will only get worse.

There is if your internet signal still isn’t great.

My internet signal is fine but I’ll still be keeping Sky Q until they force me to get rid of it. I still find their UHD better than streaming, and quicker to access. Plus no buffering ever, which can still be an occasional issue at very popular things

Me too.

I like to watch stuff on catchup so streaming is absolutely no use at all in that scenario.

%^*& Sky and their shitty service.

If they stop giving Scottish football the Timmy TV production, then they might get my money again, but until that day they can ram it.

aye nothing pisses me off more, I have a neighbour in the floor above our maisonette who's one of them, with his son coming over i'm going to know long before I see it on my now TV stream if they score, suppose gives me some warning of the impending doom before it plays out in front of me, so pros and cons
It's less NOWTV more 40 secs after now!
My old house I had Sky Q and my neighbour had Sky HD. They were always ahead of me. Was annoying as %^*&

One of the reasons I ended up binning it

My old house I had Sky Q and my neighbour had Sky HD. They were always ahead of me. Was annoying as %^*&

Aye nothing worse than it, sky sports score centre is always letting me know there is a goal coming, have to put my
Phone elsewhere, that or my old boss texts either ‘FFS’ or ‘YASSS!!’

Christ, does anyone still actually have the old Sky HD boxes and do they still even work?

The Q boxes and their accompanying dishes are already phased out. It’s Sky Glass now and Sky Stream pucks that turn any modern TV set into a Sky Glass equivalent (in terms of interface and content).

Glass and Stream were a Godsend when we bought our new house almost 3 years ago and the trees behind the house meant we couldn’t get a satellite signal.
Exactly what we had to do after years of suffering bad signal in the summer months (i.e. when their were most leaves on the trees). Once I got used to the way Glass works I started to love it. Still miss a few things I used to do on Sky Q bur Glass is far better and we haven't had a single problem with it in nearly 9 months now.

Was wondering how they were planning to fund the big investment into the championship so this makes sense.

Even more frustrating that we sold them out rights for a pittance.

Was wondering how they were planning to fund the big investment into the championship so this makes sense.

Even more frustrating that we sold them out rights for a pittance.
That is what happen when put it out to tender which the EFL did - every game was up for auction however it the clubs in the ended decided what was best - clearly the clubs agreed and wanted and felt what Sky offered against maybe another broadcaster was that deal

They also aimed to double their current deal financially which they did in the end

Only if we could do that in the SPFL!

Last edited:
Back