Sky Sports poll - Who is bigger, Rangers or Aston Villa?

I fucking hate all these sky polls or questions. It's a pointless debate. We know we are the bigger club, but they are the richer club in the richer league so that's all that matters to players/managers. %^*& me, Bournemouth can pay players £80k a week and I've seen bigger Junior clubs!

Social media following is by no way a reliable measure of who is a bigger club, but why the hell do Aston Villa have nearly three times as many followers as us?

Is this just down to the far east fan boys? Surely just being an EPL club can't be that appealing to people over there, you can understand United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, but Villa?

I dont even follow any other club than Rangers, plenty of players from other clubs but who can be arsed with their timeline being filled with nonsense about ticketing arrangements and suchlike from clubs they dont support?

Last edited:
Social media following is by no way a reliable measure of who is a bigger club, but why the hell do Aston Villa have nearly three times as many followers as us?

Is this just down to the far east fan boys? Surely just being an EPL club is that appealing to people over there, you can understand United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, but Villa?

I dont even follow any other club than Rangers, plenty of players from other clubs but who can be arsed with their timeline being filled with nonsense about ticketing arrangements and suchlike from clubs they dont support?
Itd just people following every club, I know a boy that follows everyone on social media bar Celtic. I'm like yourself I follow Rangers that's it, I don't even follow any players

Pointless they would vote for Norwich ,Watford, Brentford and any other Club in the Premiership as bigger than us but that’s not the question is it, are these Clubs when they get relegated to the Championship still bigger than Rangers of course they are not .It just shows how much they are up their own backsides how the majority of Supporters in the English Premiership determine what a big Club is it’s all about financial riches to them how sad.

Being as irrelevant as Newcastle were until recently. Ferguson nailed it, "noisy neighbours"
I'd say Newcastle are bigger than Villa,even with Ashley. If Rangers and Celtic were in that league, they'd be up there challenging,given a share of the revenue those teams enjoy, and they really have no idea how big these Clubs are.

Back