Sky sports stats for Scott Wright

I know Sky half arse their work when it comes to Scottish football, but is that correct? 0 in his previous 44 league games?

Thats disgusting.

Those 2 goals last night make up around 17% of his total goal tally in the three and half years he's been with us.

2 cracking finishes in all fairness to him. Would anyone be surprised if he’s still here next season purely to top up the homegrown quota for European squad?

He should be laughed out the building, their version of Scott wright happens to be James Forrest and he’s actually contributed to them the last few weeks

Wright must know himself that he's not of the required standard, but any Scottish journeyman like him is going to sign for us in the same situation. Equally, it must be hard to give up being a Rangers player so he's stuck around when leaving would have probably been to everyone's benefit.

Hopefully a club comes in for him that fits for both parties. I wish him well but we need far better.

2 cracking finishes in all fairness to him. Would anyone be surprised if he’s still here next season purely to top up the homegrown quota for European squad?
The reason he'll be here next season is the same reason he was here this season. Nobody else will pay him what we do to take him off our hands.

At this point keeping him isn't an choice, it's an obligation.

Nice of him to turn up with 10 minutes left of the last home game of the season. Unfortunately he's not good enough and when his contract finally runs out, that should be the end of it.

He needs moved on but his wages are high and unless another club is going to get near that he won’t leave

Same with Ben Davies too

The Scott Wright circle...

Nowhere to be seen
Back on the bench
Does ok as a sub
Starts
Subbed at HT
Nowhere to be seen
<repeat>

Hopefully played himself in to contention for the final.

Does well at Hampden.

Hopefully Sky can give us his stats in Cup games.

Still more impressive than this guy:))

Alex-Former-child-meme-3.jpg

When you see guys like George Edmundson, Juninho Bacuna, Mikey Johnstone, Liam Kelly, Liam Lindsay, Kal Naismith, Ross McCrorie, Ryan Hardie, Murray Wallace etc all looking good in the Championship - then there’s no doubt Wright could make an impact at that level. He could easily get the same wage at a Millwall or Preston.

Hopefully played himself in to contention for the final.

Does well at Hampden.

Hopefully Sky can give us his stats in Cup games.
If Clement sticks the likes of Wright and Lawrence in for the final, all it tells us is that he's incapable of learning from his mistakes and he can look forward to another defeat.

Picking a player because he scored a goal in the same stadium isn't really a sound selection policy.

I am in no way saying he's good enough for us, but how many of those 44 appearances were starts?
The vast majority of those will have been 5/10 minutes here or there at the end of a game.

If we can't permanently offload him this summer we should loan him to Hearts or Killie or the likes. He's the type of player who is never cut out for us but could hurt our opponents playing for a lesser team.

I want him gone this summer even if we need to take a hit by paying a % of his wages as part of the deal, he’s just not good enough and 2 performances in 2 years is not worth paying his full wage for! That said I like the guy, he always has a good attitude and really loves being at Rangers. I wish him all the best and hope he has a good career where he goes. It’s not his fault his ability is not good enough for us.

He came from aberdeen and is an aberdeen level player, no harm to the guy he definitely tries but we need better if we are going to go up a level

There are far better options in the youths or cleaning the lavys.

I am in no way saying he's good enough for us, but how many of those 44 appearances were starts?
The vast majority of those will have been 5/10 minutes here or there at the end of a game.

If we can't permanently offload him this summer we should loan him to Hearts or Killie or the likes. He's the type of player who is never cut out for us but could hurt our opponents playing for a lesser team.
That's true. It's unfair to give this kind of judgement when his appearances have mostly been under 15 mins of play.

If Clement sticks the likes of Wright and Lawrence in for the final, all it tells us is that he's incapable of learning from his mistakes and he can look forward to another defeat.

Picking a player because he scored a goal in the same stadium isn't really a sound selection policy.
Although I think most of it is tongue in cheek, a few on here seem to think it marks Wright out as some sort of big occasion player.

The oddest thing was given Wright a 4.5year contract. Was he really turning down the move if it had been 3.5years?

We need to be bringing through youth players to take these places in the squad.

Not great
The Match Logs section shows more clearly what you were looking for actually.

20-21 - P31, 17* starts, 2x full 90 mins, 0x off at HT *1 of those starts with Rangers, the other 16 with Dolly
21-22 - P31, 15 starts, 2x full 90 mins, 1x off at HT
22-23 - P30, 7 starts, 1x full 90 mins, 3x off at HT
23-24 - P26, 9 starts, 0x full 90 mins, 3x off at HT

Back