Sky to hit the SPFL with £100,000 bill for Dundee call offs

Probably best that it gets split across the Premier clubs as it will annoy more members .

They get fukttt over and get to pay for it too . Perfect .

They’ll probably suggest, as a compromise, covering the boakfest at parkhead if they’ve run out of games at their dump and we throw this league away.

Rangers must be the guts of £20k a trip when using the old course.

£600 per night multiplied by 20 rooms.

Bus, plus food and drink - you’d think it’s somewhere in that ballpark.

Dundee are a joke I agree but I cannot and will not support any corporation that dictates kick off times to suit its audience and not supporters, pays such a pitiful amount to Scottish football and employs Chris Sutton in any role with a financial claim.

Rangers and in particular Rangers fans however SHOULD be compensated for the situation that was caused by Dundee refusing to invest in that one important part of football - a bloody pitch
I'm no lover of Sky but they dictate kick off times as they have the broadcasting rights. They paid a price that the powers that be were happy with. The SPFL and Dundee are the problem here.

The Full Bill should be sent to Dundee

This.

No other team should have to cover any of the cost.

It actually blows my mind that Dundee haven't been punished for their pitch. 5 games (roughly 1/3 of all their home games) have been postponed this season due to their negligence. Why should other teams face a fixture backlog because of them? Why should they get to spend money on fees/wages their competitors can't because they've neglected the pitch?

But let's just say next season St Johnstone decided they were going to 'do a Dundee' and let their pitch get in a similar state. The SPFL/SFA wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They couldn't punish them because St. Johnstone could just say "well you let Dundee away with it".

IMO they should've had points deducted after the third call off.

This.

No other team should have to cover any of the cost.

It actually blows my mind that Dundee haven't been punished for their pitch. 5 games (roughly 1/3 of all their home games) have been postponed this season due to their negligence. Why should other teams face a fixture backlog because of them? Why should they get to spend money on fees/wages their competitors can't because they've neglected the pitch?

But let's just say next season St Johnstone decided they were going to 'do a Dundee' and let their pitch get in a similar state. The SPFL/SFA wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They couldn't punish them because St. Johnstone could just say "well you let Dundee away with it".

IMO they should've had points deducted after the third call off.
And a further two games were subject to late inspections, August FFS and the recent Motherwell game.

All for for costs to be recovered somehow

However as for us I not sure since it was our own personal choice to stay at St Andrews

Difference for the like of Sunday at Dingwall money can be recovered from Ross County under the rules due to the early kick-off for TV

Back