Skybet - Vardy 1 Shot On Target Evens

Bet365 dont offer this bet. Pretty sure the did at one point but not any more.

Strange

That’s what’s put me off these now. Unless you’ve got a centre forward playing upfront on his own , like Bamford or Vardy used to do, or someone like Fernandez who’s just a magician, it’s very risky. Last week it was Sterling who’s essentially a winger and today Vardy who’s playing in a 2 and being much more of a supportive player than in previous seasons.

Good luck all those who’ve punted but not for me this time.

Definitely not as straightforward as they seem , last night I had a tenner on Aubameyang to have more than one shot on target at 9/4. He only had one shot in the first half and luckily for me his last touch before being subbed was a header off the post which the keeper saved. Done a couple of these and they’re not as easy as they look.

Definitely not as straightforward as they seem , last night I had a tenner on Aubameyang to have more than one shot on target at 9/4. He only had one shot in the first half and luckily for me his last touch before being subbed was a header off the post which the keeper saved. Done a couple of these and they’re not as easy as they look.
If you look at the number of shots a team actually has on target in a game its not that many, certainly not compared to the number of actual shots. Factor in the number of players who might hit a shot in any game and the odds suddenly start to look bad unless balanced by a particular team that has an outstanding candidate.

Think of teams where theres a clear top scorer or someone who scores loads, e.g. Kane, Watkins, Bamford but also a team that creates a lot. For example Wilson at Newcastle is the right sort of player but his team are woeful so maybe not.

Its furious balancing being a gambler.

35 shots on target in 30 games for Vardy this season so it's certainly no banker. Iheanacho seems to be occupying the central role at the moment, he's 5/6 to score anytime which may be a better bet.

35 shots on target in 30 games for Vardy this season so it's certainly no banker. Iheanacho seems to be occupying the central role at the moment, he's 5/6 to score anytime which may be a better bet.
Leicester are guarandamnteed to win and are a decent price. Maybe back that as a nice opener to your weekend ACCA.

Yeah i know. Ive got a bet 365 account tho and they used to do this kind of bet but they dont now which is disappointing.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if I was you. If I had all the tenners back I'd lost on these on Skybet week in week out I'd be a happy man. I'll be in again as usual but I fear the worst B-)

If you look at the number of shots a team actually has on target in a game its not that many, certainly not compared to the number of actual shots. Factor in the number of players who might hit a shot in any game and the odds suddenly start to look bad unless balanced by a particular team that has an outstanding candidate.

Think of teams where theres a clear top scorer or someone who scores loads, e.g. Kane, Watkins, Bamford but also a team that creates a lot. For example Wilson at Newcastle is the right sort of player but his team are woeful so maybe not.

Its furious balancing being a gambler.
Like you suggest - they wouldn’t be offering these bets if everyone was winning

Like you suggest - they wouldn’t be offering these bets if everyone was winning
I think everybody was winning previously which is why theyve altered them ever so slightly. I suspect a good few people are sticking them on not realising the subtle shift in the specifics of the bets.
It’s a win/win for them, if you do win your just going to view the winnings as more money to play with because it’s a small amount.
Very true and I think thats fair enough. Gambling on football is good fun and as long as you dont go all Brian Rice you can enjoy it, as will the Bookies.

I think everybody was winning previously which is why theyve altered them ever so slightly. I suspect a good few people are sticking them on not realising the subtle shift in the specifics of the bets.

Very true and I think thats fair enough. Gambling on football is good fun and as long as you dont go all Brian Rice you can enjoy it, as will the Bookies.
What have they changed? It's always one shot on target, but it certainly doesn't always win.

What have they changed? It's always one shot on target, but it certainly doesn't always win.
It was "A shot on target" (note specifics) its been changed to "1+ shot on target", the + is the same as >1 or over 1 but they use the symbol as most people dont twig and stick the bet on thinking its easier than it actual is.

Printing money for Sky.

It was "A shot on target" (note specifics) its been changed to "1+ shot on target", the + is the same as >1 or over 1 but they use the symbol as most people dont twig and stick the bet on thinking its easier than it actual is.

Printing money for Sky.
That’s not right though. >1 means the bet needs 2 or more. 1+ means the bet needs 1 shot.

Printing money for Sky.
It isn’t, 1+ means one or over which is pretty obvious but Sky have said so themselves when asked.

That’s not right though. >1 means the bet needs 2 or more. 1+ means the bet needs 1 shot.
It isn’t, 1+ means one or over which is pretty obvious but Sky have said so themselves when asked.
Yes and if they said Vardy to have 2 shots on target not as many people would be backing it, would they? If it didnt mean what Im saying it does, why even use the +?

Ive been backing a number of these this season and I did so when it started off under the previous bets compared to what it changed to recently.

Thanks for that, never seen it before. Ive crossed referenced it with SkyBet CS who confirmed it is correct - a shot on target. 1.5 would be used for 2, which seems equally baffling to me but there you go.

Anyway lets hope he makes his mark and stops passing the ball to teammates. We want the old Jamie Vardy back - shooting from everywhere at any chance.

£10 on as this is a stick on. Using winnings from Wed from Benzema 2 shots on target an Mount 1 shot @6/1. Bit of a sweat until last 5 mins ;)

I'll be in as usual but will wait for team news as Vardy got clattered in the last game ....

Back