Slavco Vincic

coldbear

Don't know if he'd forgotten to bring his cards last night or not, but I'll have to admit that he was fair and consistent for the whole game. Any chance we can send our trainee refs to Slovenia for their pro licence?

Don't know if he'd forgotten to bring his cards last night or not, but I'll have to admit that he was fair and consistent for the whole game. Any chance we can send our trainee refs to Slovenia for their pro licence?
Overall he was decent,Aribo booking a bit of a mystery considering what he'd let go previously?

I thought he was a bit lenient, there was a couple of challenges that were definite yellow cards then Aribo was booked for a nothing challenge, although I haven't seen it again apart from the initial replay.

I went to the toilet , came back and my son said Lundstram is off. Showed the replay and I thought maybe a yellow . A red card would have killed the game almost immediately. I am glad he never produced it.

Here is the disciplinary stats from last night , whilst I thought he did well keeping the cards in his pocket. We committed less fouls yet had two players booked and Frankfurt got zero cards.

It looked like Tavernier was on a definite yellow, and yet nothing. I liked him because it seemed he was aware of the pressure etc; it wasn't Sunday league game, it was a game where the pressure was on all the players and he seemed acutely aware of that. More referees like him would be good for the game.

I thought he generally refereed the game well… let a few things go as he understood it was pressure and players were tense and jumping into things a bit.

Tav could easily have been booked for trying the “good foul” when he pulled the boy back around the halfway line as they broke forward. I assumed that as it has no impact on what happened next he let it go.

The Aribo booking was a bit off in the context of the rest of it though.

I thought he had a very decent game and thankfully didn’t come centre stage like some of the idiots/cheats we have to endure on a weekly basis domestically.

Was far to lenient to both sides but mostly Frankfort. Esp as they are a very physical team, it allowed them to stay in the game like teams in Scotland. There scorer is a prime example. He could have had 4 yellow cards, even if he gets 1 he's probably not on the park for the pens.

He was a level headed and impartial professional and knows it’s about facilitating as good a game of football as possible. The incompetent idiots and cheats refereeing in Scotland are an embarrassment, but hopefully a reckoning is coming with the introduction of VAR in Scotland.

Back