Slow and steady

midlandbear

We might be annoyed about the last couple of weeks, but we cannot deny the team is gradually improving.
Last year was a big leap from previous managers and squads. We may not have won anything, but making that much improvement in a season wasn’t going to happen.
This year, we’ve already came within a linesman’s flag of winning a trophy, through to the knockout stage of Europa (we though qualification for group stages alone was a stretch last year and we’ve been there twice in a row) and are 4 points off top spot.

Everyone is comparing SG’s approach to Liverpool and saying it won’t work, but look whats happening down there at his third attempt. Klopp slowly but surely made ground on city and all the while he has built a squad capable of getting 73 from 75 points in their 3rd year together, blowing everyone away in the process.

Regardless of the short term anger, the bigger picture shows steady improvement and we are getting stronger while they are arguably marking time at best.

Gerrard and his team will get at least one more year and I personally think that by next year we will be unstoppable.

We might be annoyed about the last couple of weeks, but we cannot deny the team is gradually improving.
Last year was a big leap from previous managers and squads. We may not have won anything, but making that much improvement in a season wasn’t going to happen.
This year, we’ve already came within a linesman’s flag of winning a trophy, through to the knockout stage of Europa (we though qualification for group stages alone was a stretch last year and we’ve been there twice in a row) and are 4 points off top spot.

Everyone is comparing SG’s approach to Liverpool and saying it won’t work, but look whats happening down there at his third attempt. Klopp slowly but surely made ground on city and all the while he has built a squad capable of getting 73 from 75 points in their 3rd year together, blowing everyone away in the process.

Regardless of the short term anger, the bigger picture shows steady improvement and we are getting stronger while they are arguably marking time at best.

Gerrard and his team will get at least one more year and I personally think that by next year we will be unstoppable.
The first bit of bloody sense i have read on here all night, some of the posters on here should give up football ffs

I do agree but tonight I am content to be an angry intolerable c*nt.

FFS mate...Gerrard will be gone by next week if some have their way let alone next season.
BTW i agree 100% with what you say

Fortunately our board have not took us this far by being pant wetters. They will see the improvement on a broader scale. Progress in competitions, value of squad, potential at academy level, etc etc.

Great post. This place is a shambles. Best team we’ve had in years, who are having a good season and they are getting called shite bags. It’s difficult to understand the mentality of grown men pissing their pants about our current position. You don’t know what’s round the corner, anything can happen and theres a long way to go. Strap yourselves (Stop pishing your pants) in and try and enjoy the ride.

steven gerrard is the best thing that has happened to rangers and i saulute the man for what he has given us, our pride and respect back for one, entertaining football and some huge results , sadly our form has dipped big style since the winter break and he needs to come up with some answers soon coz the buck stops with him

Had we scored a late winner everyone would have been talking about how we battered them in possession. I still have faith however, there has to be improvements on Wednesday on a big scale to pull this season back into a challenge

Back