SNP Govt condemn Celtic FC over team photo Covid breach

I will confess here.

I have absolutely no understanding nor interest in Nat rules. I do not know how they can all hug ,kiss and shag after a goal, yet the managers just touch elbows. If managers feel like a bit of flouncing, then who am I deny them. It wouldn't be my preference, but, hey, let's embrace the modern world.

Then they have a team picture after all the hugging, kissing and shagging, but the photo is a problem.

I ask here - What is the issue? - but in reality I couldn't really give fvck, as, I have no interest in Nat rules.

I'm sure Bolingoli actually played at Rugby Park, despite breaching Covid 19 rules. The Peasants were not punished.
Apparently they had no idea he was in Spain although they were preparing for a match.

“Where’s Boli?”
“Dunno”
“tell him we’ve a game on Saturday and if he can make it to kilmarnock by 4:30 we’ll give him 10 minutes”.

Last edited:
The problem is that the guidance is for clubs to social distance at all times where possible. Training and games are essential and we still see back room staff, squad players and the like distanced in the stand. They need to keep groups down to a minimum. A team picture is not essential for a start. And then it’s a group of 40 odd players and staff.

They are not in a bubble, they are just being careful. I remember seeing Tav in a photo in a chip shop after the Celtc game. That’s not in a bubble.

A team photo is not within the guidance. Sanctions are due.

Football have exemptions to play games and train, rest of the time normal covid rules apply.

The crazy thing about this is there was no need to have a non-socially distanced team photo. Just take two even three photos, Merge them together in photoshop and that's it done, squad photo and no rules broken.

Exclusive peek at the Scottish Government's savage punishment for Nonce FC and their arse lickers from Dundee.

7d91e09ddaecd055d81794343b344092.jpg
Is that Jim Farry?

Think we need to be careful here. If too many matches get postponed etc. They could end up stopping everything. Dont think there are any rules which state a number of games have to be played after which time they could award us it. Dont want to give them any chance of voiding this season.
This will be the end game if we stretch our lead... all in the interests of shporting integhrity of course ...

Think we need to be careful here. If too many matches get postponed etc. They could end up stopping everything. Dont think there are any rules which state a number of games have to be played after which time they could award us it. Dont want to give them any chance of voiding this season.

Normally I'd say nah, however, they have 2 games already in hand, there is no clamour to play when the LC next round is played. They have also moved a game so they can go abroad, losing another 2 mid week dates. Strange that this has all been allowed.

Thing is with bolingoli the defence was thwy didnt know but they were warned.
Now this comes out they need more sanctions
For me they should have known exactly where he was.

It's plain for all to see there is a lot wrong with that team on the park just now and IMO there is a link to their covid violations, There is no real leadership and togetherness,

Long may it continue so long as it doesn't affect the the continuation of football in this country.

Football have exemptions to play games and train, rest of the time normal covid rules apply.
That’s right. Training and playing have special exemptions. That comes with allowances like a limited number can travel on a bus together, change in the changing room, and then play on the field with close contact with another team who are doing the same. Everything else should be done like any other workplace, with social distance and hygiene rules as normal. All designed to keep contact to a minimum. A team photo is quite some distance outside of normal workplace rules.

As Celtic reminded everybody, when Legia fielded a player in the last few seconds the Poles broke the rules and must therefore forfeit the tie, despite celtic being on the end of a 6-1 defeat and knowing they were totally outplayed. They showed no shame in pocketing £30m off the poles on the basis of a technicality that had zero impact on the result.

What’s good for the goose...
And they still say Brendon was a great manager as he got them to the CL twice with his version of sexy football.

Anything in this? Seems like they are flapping to so it was weeks ago however a breach is a breach, mr Leitch!

I still find it mental that players can climb over each other, sweat, shout towards each other, snotters all over the place on the pitch but cant have a team photo together, regardless of which team it is hahaha
It's a f##king farce, I don't care if it involves Dundee Utd or the mentally challengeds, it will be us soon enough. The issue is this bunch of arseholes thinking they can control every aspect of society, and worse the way it's accepted without as much as a whimper. The sooner that self important wanker Leitch gets back to extracting mollars the better for all of us.

The problem is that the guidance is for clubs to social distance at all times where possible. Training and games are essential and we still see back room staff, squad players and the like distanced in the stand. They need to keep groups down to a minimum. A team picture is not essential for a start. And then it’s a group of 40 odd players and staff.

They are not in a bubble, they are just being careful. I remember seeing Tav in a photo in a chip shop after the Celtc game. That’s not in a bubble.

The bubbles are a bit of a nonsense. If players wife isn't restricted where she can go then its not much of a bubble when the player goes home.

The bubbles are a bit of a nonsense. If players wife isn't restricted where she can go then its not much of a bubble when the player goes home.

They aren't actually in bubbles as such, because as you say they go home to their families. When not on the pitch, they are just like you and me.

The bulk of the fine they got for the Bolingoli issue was suspended so I'd expect them to have to pay that as a starting point.

Hopefully it just all keeps adding to the general malaise they are in just now.

It's a f##king farce, I don't care if it involves Dundee Utd or the mentally challengeds, it will be us soon enough. The issue is this bunch of arseholes thinking they can control every aspect of society, and worse the way it's accepted without as much as a whimper. The sooner that self important wanker Leitch gets back to extracting mollars the better for all of us.
Dont be silly, hes a celebrity now. The only teeth he will be pulling will be an alligators while starring on Im a Celebrity in a few years.

In all seriousness though, that is a bit of a joke.

Hopefully they don't get sanctioned for it as it will quickly result in us getting a sanction because the players had a pre match walk or something else stupid.

SNP should gtf.
Totally agree with you , for the SNP will want to show that they are "even handed!!!" and involve us. You only have to look back to last week when sturgeon was questioned about the shocking behaviour at the scumdome and she somehow managed to drag Rangers and Ayr United into her reply .

Normally I'd say nah, however, they have 2 games already in hand, there is no clamour to play when the LC next round is played. They have also moved a game so they can go abroad, losing another 2 mid week dates. Strange that this has all been allowed.
Like you I am always suspicious of that mobs motives but the precedent was set last season that games in hand counted for nothing.

I will confess here.

I have absolutely no understanding nor interest in Nat rules. I do not know how they can all hug ,kiss and shag after a goal, yet the managers just touch elbows. If managers feel like a bit of flouncing, then who am I deny them. It wouldn't be my preference, but, hey, let's embrace the modern world.

Then they have a team picture after all the hugging, kissing and shagging, but the photo is a problem.

I ask here - What is the issue? - but in reality I couldn't really give fvck, as, I have no interest in Nat rules.
I'm not sure similar to yourself but 49 players and staff from Dundee Utd were pictured all huddled together. Now what we ALL know is that social distancing was not obeyed, work place regulations were not obeyed. I've had to jump through every conceivable risk assessment, H&S staff training, online tests, Environmental health visits, police visits and my place of business has been closed until April.

Never had the luxury of twice weekly Covid tests, never even had one positive case. Absolute entitled, self absorbed shower of scum. It's telling that the only issue Rangers have had is with 2 numbskulls and not an actual issue at the workplace. As I say it's not because of the teams involved but I am above raging at the disregard for us mere mortals doing everything possible to make things safe for employees and colleagues and then you have these Neanderthals.

Last edited:

7 match ban for all involved is the precedent for players breaking social distancing rules.

There's no way Edouard caught Covid on international duty, all known data shows he must have had it before traveling to France.

All of their positive test have been caught by UEFA testing for International Football and have been caught first thing in camps.

Theyve got away with it because our media daren't ask the burning questions of them - probably as they also "know what is at stake this season"

Day one of internation duty and Eduoard got it.

So where did he get it?

I think Celtics record more proves that their tests are very reliable if you ask me.
No disrespect but why would anyone trust what information came out of that cesspit as anything that was even close to the truth. There carpet must be a nightmare to traverse with all the sheeite that has been swept under it since there inception !

Definitely you can bet the photo was destined for a calendar etc or to be put on sale for the video of the cup final game, Xmas prezzie of how to get papped out of Europe twice in a season every year dvd etc !

Last edited:
I’m not sure how posing for a team photo is really such a terrible thing when they play full contact sport against other teams every week?
I actually agree.
However, we all know how hypocritically sanctimonious this club is and with that in mind, they deserve it and much much more.
Further, this selfish club are the darlings of the SNP a political movement who made sanctimoniousness a political credo and hypocrisy a qualification of entry.
It is always wonderful when such fraudulent entities collide as a result of their mutual mendacity.

Hahahaha chucked under the bus again lennon. See if you can find your players while you’re there.

SNP Govt condemn Celtic FC over team photo Covid breach​

Where does it say the above?

I see Dundee Utd mentioned, where does it mention them?
A Wee addition at the arse end I see it now.

I’m not sure how posing for a team photo is really such a terrible thing when they play full contact sport against other teams every week?
That’s a quick contact as part of their job. There’s no necessity to huddle together for a photo.

My understanding of the rules is so flimsy that I worry about the dhims being given a opportunity to find some technical breach that Professor Jason Leach finds so shocking that he is compelled to call for points deductions.

He seems to have become substantially more involved since the Dundee Hibs situation, and I wonder where it is heading?

I do not think that it is about Dundee United. I think that the Nats are just taking a practice tee shot against another team.

Wonder which team is being lined up for a shafting?

Any links for this article?

One on hand it does seem a bit harsh, given the close contact by players during training/games and regular testing. On the other hand, a team photo is probably unnecessary given the guidance and current situation with the virus.

The 2 interesting points from this for me is:

1) Have any protocols been breached? In light of the harsh action taken against St Mirren and Killie, then will either team face punishment? Would Lawwell and the SPFL board be in a position where he has to consider his own team having to forfeit points? I think we are all interested if they would ever have the nerve to dock the Tims points, as we all know they are just waiting for us to slip up with regards safety protocols. On that score, it would be of interest to see an actual copy of the SFA Joint Response Group / Government safety protocols that teams have to abide by.

2) There is clearly massive conflict between the SNP government and the SPFL/Doncaster/Celtic, mostly in relation to the fan attendance situation. We also have Scottish elections coming up in the Spring, so deep down the SNP will be keen to get fans back ASAP as well, to avoid criticism.

There is no way football is going to be stopped, and Jason Leitch has already said as much. It would take something catastrophic, or for the figures to massively through the roof, for it to be stopped. The clubs are essentially surviving on the goodwill of fans having bought season tickets and who are still hoping to get in at some point in the early Spring. The SPFL will not try and stop it, as Lawwell for example would be getting hit for £20m in season ticket refund requests, given the way their season has gone, whereas I would think the vast majority of Bears would take the hit rather than request a refund. I don’t think even Lawwell values a title win for us over them getting hit with season ticket refunds and sponsorship penalties, given they hit they have already taken.

I still find it mental that players can climb over each other, sweat, shout towards each other, snotters all over the place on the pitch but cant have a team photo together, regardless of which team it is hahaha
It's not really hard to grasp. They have allowed footbal to continue. All parts of football that is essential is allowed. Training, games etc. Anytbjng non essential isnt allowed and unnecessary close contact.
The whole thing is a farce.

They can’t stand together for a team photo but the minute cross the white line either in training or for a match they can.

Back