So who all leave Rangers in the close season

Every squad needs 2 top keepers for the season and in my opinion we have that in McGregor and Wes (for the budget we have).

Instead of letting Wes go I would offer him the European and League Cup matches and give McGregor League and Scottish Cup. This will also keep McGregor fresh for the league which has to be top priority next season.

Obviously going out early in Europe scuppers that idea but might be a decent compromise for Wes to stay.

I would also say we need to do something about our winger situation-so far we have:

Candeias
Arfield
Grezda
Middleton
Kent
Jones
Hastie
Stewart

Not including any youth like Dapo too.

We may lose Kent and loan out Middleton and/or Hastie but that leaves us with really only Arfield that has top of the league quality and then a bunch of guys all about the same.
Personally, I don't rate any of the others and I dont feel any of them can get close to what Kent can provide. A few have some skills but none are the quality needed for the top of the league and vs any real euro opposition.
Hopefully if we can't get Kent back we reinvest in some quality and get shot of one or two of these guys.

I also hope we start to use our heads in regards to loaning players out to Hearts, Hibs, Killie etc. I have no love for them teams but they can take points off the scum next season.

Put it this way. I would rather loan Lafferty back to Hearts than pay him off. That means he can’t play against us but can hurt the scum 4 times.

Think a lot of the dross in our squad along with 2 or 3 key players will be going, and if course the loans ending
I’m not in the know or anything and this is just guesswork but I think we MAY have seen the last of

Certs
Foderingham
Alnwick
Barasic
Wallace
Worrall
McCauley
Coulibaly
Kent (love to be wrong here)
Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda
Holt
Herrera
Beerman?

Possibles
Halliday
Tavernier(genuinely hope not)
Middleton (loan)
Candeias
Flanagan

So maybe 19 players out?

2 returning from loans and 3 more or less signed up, needing another goalie 2 centre halves a left back a number ten and one striker minimum. We really need to spend our funds wisely next season.
Most likely:

Foderingham
Alnwick
Worrall
Lafferty
McCauley
Holt
Coulibaly
Herrera

Maybe:

Rossiter
Candeias
Grezda
Barisic
Morelos

Strike Lafferty off he confirmed he will be here next year after the game!

Lafferty has been speaking to killie that past few weeks I think they were waiting to see if the got European football before taking things any further
Realistically what does a European spot mean to a Kilmarnock player? They'd get 1 round, 2 max. No way would they get to the group stages.

Can see a good few if not all of the fringe players departing, yesterday should have showed them they are nowhere near rangers standard to even be bit part players

I would also say we need to do something about our winger situation-so far we have:

Candeias
Arfield
Grezda
Middleton
Kent
Jones
Hastie
Stewart

Not including any youth like Dapo too.

We may lose Kent and loan out Middleton and/or Hastie but that leaves us with really only Arfield that has top of the league quality and then a bunch of guys all about the same.
Personally, I don't rate any of the others and I dont feel any of them can get close to what Kent can provide. A few have some skills but none are the quality needed for the top of the league and vs any real euro opposition.
Hopefully if we can't get Kent back we reinvest in some quality and get shot of one or two of these guys.

Well hopefully we rarely ever play with wingers next season, but rather inside lefts & rights as we have done during our 6 game winning run.

The key to our success is the 4-3-2-1 system in my opinion. The conventional 4-3-3 can do one.

Although its been said that we won't see the turnaround like last year we have way far too many fringe players at the club.We should be aiming for a first team squad of around 23.

A few upgrades is needed but we really need to offload players who won't figure next season contracts permitting.I don't believe we are in the position financially to be carrying players as squad numbers.If we can get 2/3 upgrades we should be offloading 8 or 9 to free up wages.

Big decisions need to be made about our returning loanees and players the manager no longer trusts.It may be an eventful window.

Realistically what does a European spot mean to a Kilmarnock player? They'd get 1 round, 2 max. No way would they get to the group stages.
It was more on there side financially finishing third and qualifying for Europe makes them a few quid doesn't matter how far they go.

Back