"SOD" and foul throws

Lump of wood right back for Motherwell. Last 10-15 minutes of the game he had two long throw ins. Twice he had one foot well over the touchline and possibly back foot off the ground. He has previous for it. When are officials actually going too pull him up for it?
I actually think it’s something that reasonably common and never pulled up on

You may well be right but who cares.He is shite and we should be beating Motherwell

You may well be right but who cares.He is shite and we should be beating Motherwell
My thread has nothing to do with the result today. I think we should care this player is constantly doing this. He is a professional footballer who cannot take a legal throw in but gets away with it. It would be interesting if there was VAR in Scotland and they scored from one of those throw ins to see if it would be chopped off.

I actually think it’s something that reasonably common and never pulled up on
Can you show me another player that does it mate? We had the long throw ins from years back with the likes of Rory Delap, but his were 100% legit. I honestly have not seen another player do it on a regular basis.

Their keeper also came outside the box every time he punted ball long but main stand linesman 2nd half was always 20yds further up the line so wasn’t in position to see

Can you show me another player that does it mate? We had the long throw ins from years back with the likes of Rory Delap, but his were 100% legit. I honestly have not seen another player do it on a regular basis.
I’ve got a mind blank but there is another dud full back in our league that does it.
Seen it happening in EPL too.

My thread has nothing to do with the result today. I think we should care this player is constantly doing this. He is a professional footballer who cannot take a legal throw in but gets away with it. It would be interesting if there was VAR in Scotland and they scored from one of those throw ins to see if it would be chopped off.
Fair play bud.Ill be honest I hadn't noticed it in the past

Lump of wood right back for Motherwell. Last 10-15 minutes of the game he had two long throw ins. Twice he had one foot well over the touchline and possibly back foot off the ground. He has previous for it. When are officials actually going too pull him up for it?
Spot on Bro. i spotted 3 x throws where one foot was off the ground. Frustrating that refs dont follow the rules.

Last player I saw getting pulled up for it was Robbie Neilson for Hearts ( that's how long ago it was ).
When penalised Neilson sarcastically applauded the linesman ( linesman - that's how long ago it was ) and the ref never booked him for the gesture ( that's how long ago it was, now Rangers players get booked for any gesture that the sharkheid fans in the media make up reasons for it and Ian Maxwell and his cronies duly take retrospective action on )

Their goalkeeper averaged around 30 seconds per goalkick and 15 to 20 seconds from picking up and kicking. Referee was weak and incompetent.

I like how opposition keepers can take 15-20 seconds with the ball in their hands and then still have it in his hands clearly outside the box before kicking it.
That really bugged me today. I actually checked to see if the 6 second rule had been done away with it was happening that often.

Sorry but what does SOD stand for???

Aye foul throws never seems to get penalised these days in the professional game these days.

Yet you try that in an amateur game on a Sunday morning and the jobsworth ref will spot it instantly from 30 yards away before the ball has even crossed the line.

You can also add Liam Kelly holding onto the ball for 15-20 seconds at a time. Sometimes more

He also steals a ridiculous amount of yards.
He was even worse when playing for Kilmarnock. How the ref’s continue to allow this is beyond me

Their goalkeeper averaged around 30 seconds per goalkick and 15 to 20 seconds from picking up and kicking. Referee was weak and incompetent.
This one annoyed me more than any yesterday.
Stupid people believe it’s acceptable, just gamesmanship, we’d be happy if McGregor did so in a similar situation against Lyon, and that we should be beating Motherwell regardless.
Only the last one is correct.
What Motherwell did yesterday was blatant cheating.
The referee allowing it, as often as he did, was “weak and incompetent” at best.

Last edited:
Stupid people believe it’s acceptable, just gamesmanship, we’d be happy if McGregor did so in a similar situation against Lyon, and that we should be beating Motherwell.
The referee allowing it, as often as he did, was “weak and incompetent” at best.
One of their subs just walked slowly off and the ref didn't even look at him to hurry him up.

Yesterday was the worst ive seen for time wasting and the ref was very weak with it.

I didn’t see a replay but I was sure their keeper went over the 18 yard line from a kick out. I only remember once in my lifetime a keeper getting pulled up for that. I’m sure it was Paddy Bonner vs Clydebank at Parkhead back in the 80’s

( no I’m not a Tim, my uncles tried to convert me to the dark side when I was a kid and would take me to their games. No idea why my dad allowed that tbh!!)

Stupid people believe it’s acceptable, just gamesmanship, we’d be happy if McGregor did so in a similar situation against Lyon, and that we should be beating Motherwell regardless.
As soon as I saw who the referee was I just knew the cheating and time wasting would spoil the game. Him and Muir are truly dreadful.
The Euros were a breath of fresh air with blatant diving and cheating being refereed properly. Not in this 'country'.

You can also add Liam Kelly holding onto the ball for 15-20 seconds at a time. Sometimes more
He was acting like a rat all game. Was time wasting even at 1-0 down

Motherwell use this tactic every fucking time against us.

Back